Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Woeful. Football fans cheering balance sheets like they personally benefit from it.

Used to think they were a sound fanbase too. Had one twat on the train home on Saturday constantly telling me how we deserved nothing from that game. The bellend just would not shut up.

So did I and tbf they were... now I can't stand them. Full of arrogance as if they haven't paid to win everything. The away games are worse because wherever I am I always end up near their fans and they spend half the game staring at our end trying to wind us up.

11 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

They've become everything they ever hated in United- money club, entitled fans, silent home atmosphere. United still turn out decent away ends though. 

To be fair I thought there home atmosphere was decent volume wise. There’s and Man United are the best I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

To be fair I thought there home atmosphere was decent volume wise. There’s and Man United are the best I’ve seen. 

Agreed, United and city by far the best home atmospheres in this division. Probably followed by wolves.

Liverpool’s a myth and the other big clubs awful. 

The Etihad after that Kompany strike was loud, but every other time I’ve been there or Old Trafford, it’s been as placid as everywhere else! Wolves I agree has had a great atmosphere the past couple of league games I’ve been to there. Everton is the biggest disappointment atmosphere wise. Only volume I’ve heard there was when Baines hit the equaliser in the quarter final in December.

Edited by DerbyshireFox

16 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Woeful. Football fans cheering balance sheets like they personally benefit from it.

Used to think they were a sound fanbase too. Had one twat on the train home on Saturday constantly telling me how we deserved nothing from that game. The bellend just would not shut up.

Yeah same, when they first had the success I saw their fans as grounded people who had gone through the harder times and appreciated what had happened to them.

Time, continued success, corruption of the mind by money and I'd argue a bit of society has turned many into paranoid, conspiracy-laden idiots continually hounding journalists on social media when their ban is mentioned. Chanting weird stuff and buying completely and unquestionably into the cult of the club's ownership and what they say.

It's quite sad, really but it's also a cautionary tale many fans should learn from (but absolutely won't).

• Like 1

First time in SK1 today and thought it was really good, will definitely go there again. 

Really do notice that sound doesn’t travel as I rarely heard the Birmingham end despite them looking to be active

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Sammy said:

First time in SK1 today and thought it was really good, will definitely go there again. 

Really do notice that sound doesn’t travel as I rarely heard the Birmingham end despite them looking to be active

I like being too far away from the away fans to hear them. The whole point of the vocal support is to lift our lads, I couldn't care less about what the away fans are or aren't doing. 

9 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Sat in the family stand. Couldn't hear anything from the kop apart from first 10 mins of the second half. The Birmingham fans kept signing are we in a library. From where is was sat you can understand why 

Kop can't hear the away fans, away fans can't hear the kop. Hardly a new phenomenon. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Was better than I expected it to be. Brummies showed us what a proper away end looks like though.

They were loud but blimey, I reckon 75% of the songs were about Aston Villa.

We at least focus mainly on ourselves

On 05/03/2020 at 13:41, Corky said:

They were loud but blimey, I reckon 75% of the songs were about Aston Villa.

We at least focus mainly on ourselves

I liked how they even booed when PA announcd "next game here is against Aston Villa".

• Haha 2