Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

As it's the season of goodwill, even those whose opinions we don't always agree with ...

Let's all resolve to think of ourselves a little less, and maybe do small good deeds for the wider community, and for other people.

If our beloved and respected manager is asking us to make a little more noise ... hey, I've got an idea.   Shall we do it?

Put away the phones, stay until the end, open your mouths, and enjoy yourselves!

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Manager again coming out asking for support and for fans to be loud. But our fans will say it’s up to me how I like to watch my football. Nothing wrong with silence. Jokers

Yes, everyone should make some noise to support the team so we can get a deafening atmosphere going.

But, if people don't want to join in, they aren't required to. Just because they don't match your 'vision' of a perfect fan doesn't make them less of a supporter. Don't be a twat. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You must have said the same thing in about 15 separate posts now ....   I’m sorry but if someone wants to sit there  and not support the team (and by that I mean make no noise whatsoever) and then waddle off about 8 minutes before the end then they don’t deserve the fantastic owners manager and team that we have ...  I suggest they spend their Saturdays in a library and let someone else have their ticket.  

Brendan has asked for good support a couple of times now and has also asked people, if possible, not to leave early ...   he said it’s CRITICAL to the team ...    couldn’t make it any more clear.    The old boy near me sings along sometimes when the team look like they need a lift even though he doesn’t know the words ...   and the little lad in front screams out loud when the ball goes out for a corner to us ...   doesn’t really take much effort.

Here we go. Bingo card filling up. Don't make noise for 90 mins non stop WELL YOU DON'T DESERVE THE OWNERS.

Filbert Street was not a cacophony of noise for 90 minutes every home game, the KP has never been such either. Why, just because people want to watch the game, are they suddenly less of a fan than you and your shouty shout. Actually, I'd rather some fans shut their mouths than spout the ridiculous abuse at referees, our own players and tired, cliche chants at opposition fans.

Seem to remember people saying the fans who dared to criticise things like £1 ticket charges and the Thai king love-in as not deserving the owners. This list of the undeserving is getting very long. Going to be some sparse crowds going forward :( 

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You must have said the same thing in about 15 separate posts now ....   I’m sorry but if someone wants to sit there  and not support the team (and by that I mean make no noise whatsoever) and then waddle off about 8 minutes before the end then they don’t deserve the fantastic owners manager and team that we have ...  I suggest they spend their Saturdays in a library and let someone else have their ticket.  

Brendan has asked for good support a couple of times now and has also asked people, if possible, not to leave early ...   he said it’s CRITICAL to the team ...    couldn’t make it any more clear.    The old boy near me sings along sometimes when the team look like they need a lift even though he doesn’t know the words ...   and the little lad in front screams out loud when the ball goes out for a corner to us ...   doesn’t really take much effort.

I haven't once mentioned leaving early, and i don't agree with those that do but that's a separate issue.

I assume you've ignored the point where I've said everyone should get behind the team to make a huge noise and atmosphere.

But I'm sick of those who don't hugely join in being targeted on here. There are reasons why a person may not feel comfortable joining in, it may not be 'easy' for everyone.

People can encourage others to join in and raise an atmosphere without slagging off people continuously. Look at UFS who try to raise an atmosphere without slagging off those not joining in, isn't difficult to not be a twat for a little

Edited by UniFox21

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I haven't once mentioned leaving early, and i don't agree with those that do but that's a separate issue.

I assume you've ignored the point where I've said everyone should get behind the team to make a huge noise and atmosphere.

But I'm sick of those who don't hugely join in being targeted on here. There are reasons why a person may not feel comfortable joining in, it may not be 'easy' for everyone.

People can encourage others to join in and raise an atmosphere without slagging off people continuously. Look at UFS who try to raise an atmosphere without slagging off those not joining in, isn't difficult to not be a twat for a little

Sorry ..  are you calling me a twat. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Here we go. Bingo card filling up. Don't make noise for 90 mins non stop WELL YOU DON'T DESERVE THE OWNERS.

Can't recall saying that ...   only backing up our manager who has asked for support and for people to not leave early.

Some people just make it up as they go along ...   

We do have plenty of fans who want to create an atmosphere and we’ve shown that in 15/16 and the cl games 16/17, with mostly the same fans in the stadium. The issue for me is mentality, people no longer can get themselves hyped up to back the team as vocally vs teams like Burnley that we are expected to beat, and if things aren’t looking great after 15-20 mins the place turns into a library 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Filbert Street was not a cacophony of noise for 90 minutes every home game, the KP has never been such either. 

Who's saying anything about making constant noise for 90 minutes?

And who's claiming to be a super hero for just supporting their team?

As far as I can tell, most of us are just saying we should try and do a bit better ... and get behing the team at appropriate points during the match.

Doesn't seem too dificult a concept to grasp.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Someone needs to create a "you'll always bottle it alone" song (preferably with reference to the Gerrard slip) to sing on Boxing day

I've always been one to sing about your team only and back them. Why sing about Forest/Derby/Cov when we're not even playing them or even trying to sing about opposite fans. That's a bit rubbish.

Back your team for 90 mins, get behind them. I have been to a few Bayern matches and must say they have only sang about themselves for the whole game, not worried about opposition or other teams. That's how I think it should be.

Without an atmosphere, games are pretty dull and the players can play to that. Being a sportsman myself who has been lucky to play in front of over 1,000 people, I can tell you that it really motivates to know you have fans behind you. Whether that changes if you play in front of 30,000 every match I can't say. Look at 15/16, we would not have won the league without the strong support. It gives the players an extra 5/10% and that can really make a difference.

Last couple of seasons the atmosphere was flat and it showed on the pitch.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I've always been one to sing about your team only and back them. Why sing about Forest/Derby/Cov when we're not even playing them or even trying to sing about opposite fans. That's a bit rubbish.

Back your team for 90 mins, get behind them. I have been to a few Bayern matches and must say they have only sang about themselves for the whole game, not worried about opposition or other teams. That's how I think it should be.

I love German football and think the fan culture is probably the gold standard. However, German sides’ songs are mostly boring and generic. Most clubs don’t sing songs about their players and most tunes are used by every club in the country as you know.

English songs can be really inventive and off the cuff which doesn’t tend to happen elsewhere that often. It’s just a shame that nowadays most fans rip off every fad going 

• Like 2

Just reading some of these recent posts and I'm certainly sat wondering now.

Is there anyway the club can become more active in giving over a section that makes sense as a singing section. I know they tried it in the family stand years back. But it was never likely to take off. Obviously if they ever introduce a safe standing section as the law maybe moves forward. Thst would facilitate that.

But it really does need to be behind the goal. I know that won't be popular with those in sk 2 and 3 but maybe if the club actively suggested that, that section is gonna be predominantly standing(yes I know they can't under current law, but palace eventually accepted the will of a group of fans, and no i don't want to go over that ground again) and actively offered to help those relocated swap season ticket seats with those wishing to move from sk1 or sk4 etc into the middle are.

Or even if they made the 1st full block of sk1 not just the corner section that for next season and again made it clear that they would do anything they can to help those who wanted to move out of that section.

It would go a long way towards ending any arguement if we can't say sell 1500 seats in 1 section in a popular area of the ground. Then maybe the call for it isn't there in the main. Then we will also know if it's full every week yet still quiet the modern game has killed that side of the game. SK1 under o'Neill even with seats was normally decent for a large portion of games however things were going. That whole act of defiance, backs to the wall mentality came out on a regular basis.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

We do have plenty of fans who want to create an atmosphere and we’ve shown that in 15/16 and the cl games 16/17, with mostly the same fans in the stadium. The issue for me is mentality, people no longer can get themselves hyped up to back the team as vocally vs teams like Burnley that we are expected to beat, and if things aren’t looking great after 15-20 mins the place turns into a library 

Agree with this. You hit the nail on the head when you talk about "teams we are expected to beat". I don't want to say we've been spoilt, but perhaps we've been affected by having all our dreams come true in 15/16 and then those epic Champions League nights the following season. People struggle to get up for the so-called 'run of the mill' games, but we should remember how, not all that long ago, we'd have given anything for any kind of Premier League action.

Then again, I also remember at Filbert Street how we were regularly out-sung by the visiting fans, so I don't think it's necessarily a new trend.

The most impressive spectacle though is where the entire four sides of a ground seem to sing something in unison. The noise is incredible. Sheffield United's "greasy chip butty" anthem this year comes to mind. We've done it too, most notably in recent times with the Vichai song at the anniversary of the tragic accident. 

If only we could find a way to create this around the entire ground on a more regular basis. 

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

As it's the season of goodwill, even those whose opinions we don't always agree with ...

Let's all resolve to think of ourselves a little less, and maybe do small good deeds for the wider community, and for other people.

If our beloved and respected manager is asking us to make a little more noise ... hey, I've got an idea.   Shall we do it?

Put away the phones, stay until the end, open your mouths, and enjoy yourselves!

Merry Christmas everyone!

And keep the bars shut at half time

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just reading some of these recent posts and I'm certainly sat wondering now.

Is there anyway the club can become more active in giving over a section that makes sense as a singing section. I know they tried it in the family stand years back. But it was never likely to take off. Obviously if they ever introduce a safe standing section as the law maybe moves forward. Thst would facilitate that.

But it really does need to be behind the goal. I know that won't be popular with those in sk 2 and 3 but maybe if the club actively suggested that, that section is gonna be predominantly standing(yes I know they can't under current law, but palace eventually accepted the will of a group of fans, and no i don't want to go over that ground again) and actively offered to help those relocated swap season ticket seats with those wishing to move from sk1 or sk4 etc into the middle are.

Or even if they made the 1st full block of sk1 not just the corner section that for next season and again made it clear that they would do anything they can to help those who wanted to move out of that section.

It would go a long way towards ending any arguement if we can't say sell 1500 seats in 1 section in a popular area of the ground. Then maybe the call for it isn't there in the main. Then we will also know if it's full every week yet still quiet the modern game has killed that side of the game. SK1 under o'Neill even with seats was normally decent for a large portion of games however things were going. That whole act of defiance, backs to the wall mentality came out on a regular basis.

The standing section, even the current one, needs to be located in the kop behind the goal. Ban standing all round the ground but turn a blind eye to it in the kop and things may change.