Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Sounded quiet on the tv from entire ground, and yeah we do need louder support when we aren't performing as well.

But, I'm getting a bit sick of it being made to seem that if you aren't singing your heart out you're a bad fan. Some probably quite like to just watch the game, which isn't wrong to do and shouldn't be vilified for it.

Are you part of UFS?

This is my observation on last night and no way a pop at some although there is one member of your group who will most likely reply with a comment about me on those lines. We have had previous.

I was stood on first tier, the back row to the right as you view the pitch, 4 or 5 UFS members were in the seats next to me and also the row infront.

I know that as I clocked a young lad in his scarf, anyway from the off they sang constantly and all of us in the vicinity joined in as far down the tier as I could see, admittedly it was not a bouncing away end but they gave it their all right up to 70 minutes, then the last 20 not one song from them.

I am all for singing as I said and this is no pop at the 4 or 5 lads, but when we were 3-1 down why stop?

I know some will say why didn’t I start a chant, I don’t claim to be a group with a vision to improve the away end atmosphere, keep the songs going and I will sing all the time.

It was never going to be great even as it was 2nd v 3rd as anyone who has been there will know the tiers are so spaced out you cannot hear the upper ones.

But if you want a great away end don’t stop when we are losing, I did think about asking them to get some chants going but abuse would’ve probably come back.

Sing and we will join in.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, promised land said:

Are you part of UFS?

This is my observation on last night and no way a pop at some although there is one member of your group who will most likely reply with a comment about me on those lines. We have had previous.

I was stood on first tier, the back row to the right as you view the pitch, 4 or 5 UFS members were in the seats next to me and also the row infront.

I know that as I clocked a young lad in his scarf, anyway from the off they sang constantly and all of us in the vicinity joined in as far down the tier as I could see, admittedly it was not a bouncing away end but they gave it their all right up to 70 minutes, then the last 20 not one song from them.

I am all for singing as I said and this is no pop at the 4 or 5 lads, but when we were 3-1 down why stop?

I know some will say why didn’t I start a chant, I don’t claim to be a group with a vision to improve the away end atmosphere, keep the songs going and I will sing all the time.

It was never going to be great even as it was 2nd v 3rd as anyone who has been there will know the tiers are so spaced out you cannot hear the upper ones.

But if you want a great away end don’t stop when we are losing, I did think about asking them to get some chants going but abuse would’ve probably come back.

I was in there and trust me, singing for 70 minutes non stop with nobody joining in apart from the same 7 or 8 people takes its toll. You get to a stage where you just think what’s the fvcking point?

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I didn't ask that, I asked if you cared about what other clubs supporters think?

If so why?

If other club's supporters think we're crap, there's a reasonable chance we're crap.

If other club's supporters think we're good, there's a reasonable chance we're good.

So what other people think of us, is probably the most accurate description of what we actually are.

And since I'd like our supporters to be good, it matters what others think of us.

In the same way, I wouldn't want other fans to think we were ugly, stupid, racist, homophobic, sexist part-time wankers.

But either way, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Reading this, I best start selling my tickets off because i dont chant or sing. Social anxiety and shyness prevents me; no matter what is going on, my brain prevents me from joining in. All I can muster is a clap and the odd cheer. Some **** called me a plastic in the title winning season cause I stayed seated watching a game. Heaven forbid!

Why do I bother going if I dont chant and join in? Because it's not a ****ing choir practice and the team means just as much to me as you. 

Basically there are many reasons people dont join in, this one being more common than you think. Dont judge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, promised land said:

Are you part of UFS?

I'm not part of UFS no, I just have an opinion and get sick of seeing the fans not involved to the 'required' level being slagged off by people who think they set the standard of supporters. 

But UFS do a great job in trying to get an atmosphere going.

Im not one to start a chant off unless I've had a few but will happily join in with any going. Nothing wrong with that for me

Edited by UniFox21

End of the day getting people that want to create an atmosphere congregated together will see improvement, home and away. Clearly difficult to do that on a whim at grounds like Man City where it's split over 3 tiers. 

Safe standing/organised away blocks is the only way forwards, club and PL will encourage it once turning up the microphones stops acting as a substitute for atmosphere in PL games. Its not just us that have a problem

10 minutes ago, Sammy said:

End of the day getting people that want to create an atmosphere congregated together will see improvement, home and away. Clearly difficult to do that on a whim at grounds like Man City where it's split over 3 tiers. 

Safe standing/organised away blocks is the only way forwards, club and PL will encourage it once turning up the microphones stops acting as a substitute for atmosphere in PL games. Its not just us that have a problem

Singing a decent song might help as well. Not one woah woah woah at home anymore, therefore no kids swinging their scarfs, and what happened to that poznan thing, that created a bit of an atmosphere. All the stuff that got the crowd going seems to have been killed off

Edited by yorkie1999

7 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I know, what a wacky idea it is that if you identify as a 'supporter' then you should support your team!

As you say, whatever will these people think of next?

Do you have you sing? Do you have to stay to the end every week? Our away end at Villa was fine. People pay their money so are entitled to support however they see fit. The holier-than-thou attitude by people on here is astounding, as if they are some sort of super fan rather than a mere peasant fan that the majority are.

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Yep leaving early is a load of sh1te and really pisses me off and no one is saying you have to sing just give the lads some support . ...   not a lot to ask.

And you sound more like a moaner ...

I'm not arsed if people leave early or don't sing, I'll continue to do so regardless. Likewise I couldn't give a toss what other fans think of us, there's much bigger problems in the world. Sitting on Foxestalk having a moan about it isn't gonna achieve anything is it? 

1 hour ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

During the summer, I thought we may have a problem atmosphere wise from next season onwards if this season was to be as successful as hoped (it’s been better). That’s what happens to multiple clubs when expectations are raised, people can be less enthusiastic, apathetic even. I did think this season could be a belter though. M

For the fanbase to have already reached that stage during a season like this, is as surprising to me as it is disappointing. It seems there just isn’t a real appetite for it any more.

Our atmosphere was always going to get worse unfortunately. We literally achieved a miracle and nothing we ever achieve again will compare to that season. With success comes growing expectations.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

Reading this, I best start selling my tickets off because i dont chant or sing. Social anxiety and shyness prevents me; no matter what is going on, my brain prevents me from joining in. All I can muster is a clap and the odd cheer. Some **** called me a plastic in the title winning season cause I stayed seated watching a game. Heaven forbid!

Why do I bother going if I dont chant and join in? Because it's not a ****ing choir practice and the team means just as much to me as you. 

Basically there are many reasons people dont join in, this one being more common than you think. Dont judge.

Spot on mate. No shame in it. Forget the little virgins on here, support the team however you see fit:scarf:

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not good imo. I was bottom tier as usual at Man City.  I read someone on twitter saying "top tier was trying to sing and bottom tier was silent" but tbh I couldn't hear anything.

Worse thing was when people starting with "your support is fvcking shit", and granted it is, but we are no better.

On the other hand the best thing about it was when we scored, celebrations where I was were ok.

Always makes me laugh / cringe when we churn that out as it's normally always our first song in ages too.

Our away support is shite. A good 80% of it are mutes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Away atmosphere yesterday was the worst I've ever experienced. If you can't make noise for a Saturday 5:30, 2nd vs 3rd game then what's the point in actually going to game?

This is what I find frequently hard to get my head around with us - we have these games where there's so many things going for us in terms of a good atmosphere and we serve up absolute rubbish.

Just not a vocal fanbase. I just can't see any more to it than that.

8 hours ago, promised land said:

Are you part of UFS?

That bit just isn't the case.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

It doesn't keep me up at night, but you can't tell me that it didn't make you quite proud when from 2015-2017 we were well known for our great support. 

Absolute shite now.

This is the thing for me, everyone loved getting the plaudits when it was good but when it's shit, apparently people's opinions don't matter. 

It'll be a morgue again Thursday if Liverpool take the lead. 

• Like 3

Libraries I have been to recently:  Anfield in Oct (tourists), Selhurst wasn't the bearpit I expected it to be, Amex last month till the penalty, Goodison last week almost till it was 2-2, our atmosphere has definitely quietened since the CL season.  It was brilliant under the lights and the 3 seasons previous.

We can't seem recently and currently to get or keep it going, sometimes the team need that "twelfth man", certainly will do Thursday.

And the Sun Shines now by Adrian Tempany perhaps has some reasons for this, many that I have seen covered before on FT, All Seater stadia, the Premier League "product", "And is there any hope that clubs can reconnect with a new generation of fans when you consider the startling statistic that the average age of season ticket holder here is 41, compared to Germany's 21."

I have to be honest and say that the better the atmosphere the more as a fan I believe any of us will enjoy the game.  How many of us after a great game would say, amazing atmosphere, lets hope as fans we can find some way of bringing it back the 2nd half of this season.

We have much to play for and support, a possible trip to Wembley and 2nd season in the CL, one of the best Leicester teams ever, we have been 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th only once in each position ever, this team may finish in one of those positions as well.

As they say, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it, lets try and cheer them to some success.:jawdrop:

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

It doesn't keep me up at night, but you can't tell me that it didn't make you quite proud when from 2015-2017 we were well known for our great support. 

Absolute shite now.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is the thing for me, everyone loved getting the plaudits when it was good but when it's shit, apparently people's opinions don't matter. 

It'll be a morgue again Thursday if Liverpool take the lead. 

I enjoy a good atmosphere, and can understand why people want a better one, just don't understand the bothering about what other teams fans think or anyone else for the matter.

Away games wise I think it be decent this year at the games I've been too.

I think it was always going to be more difficult after the league win and the Champions League games.

• Like 1