Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Thursday is the acid test

Those saying that the pathetic atmosphere against Norwich was just because of the opposition will hopefully be proven correct. 

The team need the 12th man against a team like Liverpool, I just can't see our tired and lazy supporters providing it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Munshi said:

It'll be good for the first 5 minutes, Liverpool will take the lead and when the team needs us the most the ground will become silent.

To be fair I'll still be recovering from the pre match drinkies until half way through the first half :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

To be fair I'll still be recovering from the pre match drinkies until half way through the first half :ph34r:

Herein lies the other problem

The demographic that should be creating the atmosphere are usually too hammered to bother, unless they are in the concourse. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm more bothered about what our own players and manager think of it. Must wonder why they bother sometimes.

Looking forward to a load of "isn't us paying their wages enough?" replies, so I'll pre-empt that by saying - no, they're still human beings and they're still going to perform better with consistent encouragement.

Personally fall more in the bracket that it's a bit of both.

Encouragement is a two way street in my book. Fans need egging on as much as the players do.

If they come out of the blocks firing on Thursday then the atmosphere will likely be excellent. If it's another slow start then it might be a bit quiet.

I'm more bothered about what our own players and manager think of it. Must wonder why they bother sometimes.

Looking forward to a load of "isn't us paying their wages enough?" replies, so I'll pre-empt that by saying - no, they're still human beings and they're still going to perform better with consistent encouragement.

Could also be the difference between players choosing to sign for us ahead of our rivals. Especially as the market is more competitive now across the league. 

• Like 4

Saw a tweet earlier in response to the Spurs Chelsea racism incident - it read something like “could call me what you like for the money they’re on” and I’ve just given up on it all to be honest. A really small set of the general public, are ****ing morons, yet they seem to be the ones who are most vocal and get the most air time. I know this isn’t directly related to the thread, but you see my point I’m making here I hope. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Encouragement is a two way street in my book. Fans need egging on as much as the players do.

If they come out of the blocks firing on Thursday then the atmosphere will likely be excellent. If it's another slow start then it might be a bit quiet.

Chicken and egg though ennit. Yes, good football should always add to an atmosphere but fervent support has the power to bring out the best in players and make the game better. We all have the ability to help create that if we want to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

:appl: Spot on. 

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We came out firing on all cylinders at the Etihad and by all accounts it was our worst away end of the season

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We came out firing on all cylinders at the Etihad and by all accounts it was our worst away end of the season

Erm, what?

We were completely battered from minute one. The goal was just about the only time we went into their half.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Goober said:

Bloke clearly wasn't nastily taking the piss out of people who suffer with mental illness.

No surprise people get their knickers in a twist over something so little these days

Clearly? Yeah right. People have no idea how much damage careless words can do.