Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

Yesterday Germany, in complete contrast to the UK, said it was easing immigration rules, to attract more foreign workers. This daft idea that pay must be £30k+ will be terrible for the likes of the healthcare, construction, agriculture, hospitality and manufacturing sectors.  

I had some shocking news yesterday.....

Andrea Leadsom is younger than me. :o

I thought she was about Theresa's age.

Scary stuff. Once upon a time all the major party leaders were younger than me (Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Farage, Sturgeon, though not Lucas).

I've obviously got complacent now we have old gits like May, Corbyn & Cable.

42 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This belongs in the “cvnts who make life difficult for everybody else” thread if such a thing exists 

Yeah totally. I've got a train at 12:00 for a flight at 18:30. The flight could easily get cancelled but have no choice but to go to Gatwick unless I hear anything in the next few hours. Oh what a day this could be lol

2 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Yeah totally. I've got a train at 12:00 for a flight at 18:30. The flight could easily get cancelled but have no choice but to go to Gatwick unless I hear anything in the next few hours. Oh what a day this could be lol

Embrace the unexpected opportunities that life brings. This could be your chance to get to know Crawley or to experience Brighton in the wintertime. :whistle:

Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Embrace the unexpected opportunities that life brings. This could be your chance to get to know Crawley or to experience Brighton in the wintertime. :whistle:

Good luck!

lol thanks

Edited by The soup nazi

14 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Not to mention literally every authoritative lip-reader has confirmed he actually said 'stupid people'. I really did not think so many people were so blind to Tory spin and our State Television, the BBC.

Have they? I've not seen one lip reader claim that, the two on Sky News both said it was clearly "stupid woman"

The fact he's denying it is hilarious - he's just a total liar.

How anyone can claim this is "people" is ridiculous. 

Edited by MattP

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

Have they? I've not seen one lip reader claim that, the two on Sky News both said it was clearly "stupid woman"

He said stupid woman, no doubt about it. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

46 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He said stupid woman, no doubt about it. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

Yep. 

As full of shit as anyone making anything of it. He’s a fool for giving it legitimacy by arguing the toss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayofox said:

Yesterday Germany, in complete contrast to the UK, said it was easing immigration rules, to attract more foreign workers. This daft idea that pay must be £30k+ will be terrible for the likes of the healthcare, construction, agriculture, hospitality and manufacturing sectors.  

In other Germany doing non-German things news.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/20/trains-on-time-germans-deutsche-bahn-railway

‘We are becoming a joke’: Germans turn on Deutsche Bahn

Cancelled trains and lengthy delays have turned a once-trusted railway system into a source of national shame

Interesting stat I didn't know from the article is that we invest more in the railway than Germany: 

Germany’s Pro Rail Alliance, an amalgamation of non-profit NGOs and businesses, says 90% of Germans support its call for more investment. It argues that despite a big financial injection in recent years, Germany’s €69 per capita spending in rail infrastructure still lags far behind that of comparable countries such as Britain (€165) and Switzerland (€362).

Edited by breadandcheese

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Anybody claiming the phrase 'Stupid Woman' is misogynistic is a moron. She's a woman, and she's stupid. What's the issue? 'Stupid Man' wouldn't even get a mention. Last week Phillip Hammond called somebody a stupid woman, also a a Tory MP called Yvette Cooper a 'Stupid Bitch'. Didn't make BBC headlines or take up 45 minutes of Newsnight did it! That's because of Tory spin. Anyone who can;t see that is blind. Theresa May suddenly a feminist, but likes to reinstate rapists and sex offenders for personal gain. Good feminist. It's the same old whatever suits at the time. Thankfully the Majority of real feminists have said it's a load of crap and just Tory spin and they couldn't care less about the phrase 'stupid woman' so it's all good.

Tories have the Power and the media in their Pocket, especially the BBC, yet people think Corbyn is the one with masterful powers of spin! Weird!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Anybody claiming the phrase 'Stupid Woman' is misogynistic is a moron. She's a woman, and she's stupid. What's the issue? 'Stupid Man' wouldn't even get a mention. Last week Phillip Hammond called somebody a stupid woman, also a a Tory MP called Yvette Cooper a 'Stupid Bitch'. Didn't make BBC headlines or take up 45 minutes of Newsnight did it! That's because of Tory spin. Anyone who can;t see that is blind. Theresa May suddenly a feminist, but likes to reinstate rapists and sex offenders for personal gain. Good feminist. It's the same old whatever suits at the time. Thankfully the Majority of real feminists have said it's a load of crap and just Tory spin and they couldn't care less about the phrase 'stupid woman' so it's all good.

Tories have the Power and the media in their Pocket, especially the BBC, yet people think Corbyn is the one with masterful powers of spin! Weird!

I don't claim to be woke (far from it) and think the whole check your privilege thing is a bit rubbish but I think you need to listen to the many women who have been put down by the phrase "stupid woman" before saying that is not misogynistic.  As two words, they're statements of fact.  But that equally applies to racist terminology.  So your argument doesn't stand up. Even Corbyn and his team understand that, hence the need to stress that they said stupid person, rather than stand up and say that he said stupid woman.

Although I do agree, there is the whole those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So you accept he said stupid woman now?

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not the best thing to mutter on a front bench but it is being blown up to distract from the shambles on the other bench, maybe Guy Fawkes was ahead of his time :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Buce said:

I really think the threat from the Far Right is being overblown and exaggerated. It is the same few hundred people who marched with the EDL, the BNP, and now the Football Boys Club or whatever the morons like to call themselves. They'll stand pissed outside a few pubs, shout 'No Surrender' till they're hoarse, then scamper off home so they don't miss MOTD.

You're probably right, but given the evidence of the past and the way they can wreck the future (Bolsanoro being the latest to step up on that one) I'd consider them a threat around the world even if they're not currently one in the UK.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So you accept he said stupid woman now?

There's quite a split actually, depending where you get your news. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/even-lip-readers-cant-agree-13755026

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/did-jeremy-corbyn-say-stupid-woman-or-stupid-people-take-a-look-here-893117.html

Either way I couldn't give a shit. And nobody can 100% be certain what he said. Just the hilarity of the Tories on here thinking Theresa May is some sort of upstanding, dignified, truth telling human in comparison to Corbyn. The opposite couldn't be truer and I dislike both. People really do fall for spin and mainstream news.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

WRT the current "Stupid Woman" brouhaha, it's interesting to see how many folks who couldn't care less about the kind of casual misogyny that happens every day are now suddenly putting on the affected visage of seriously invested feminists because of that remark and who it was directed at.

Of course, from what I can tell, the hypocrisy runs in both directions on that score.

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think it's up to women to decide if that's sexist or not, if the roles were reversed Labour would be doing exactly the same, as they did that time Cameron told Angela Eagle to "calm down dear".

The incident itself isn't important, the truth is though and you can't deflect away from the truth with conspiracy theory.

The attempt to deny it is pretty disturbing and shows the weird cult of Corbyn is still alive and kicking.

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

There's quite a split actually, depending where you get your news. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/even-lip-readers-cant-agree-13755026

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/did-jeremy-corbyn-say-stupid-woman-or-stupid-people-take-a-look-here-893117.html

Either way I couldn't give a shit. And nobody can 100% be certain what he said. Just the hilarity of the Tories on here thinking Theresa May is some sort of upstanding, dignified, truth telling human in comparison to Corbyn. The opposite couldn't be truer and I dislike both. People really do fall for spin and mainstream news.

Both are despicable in my opinion, in fact you can level that at most politicians for me now. :(

• Like 1