Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So zero help for May from the EU27.  No deal is real folks, better start planning.

Well that'll be our fault, not theirs. We're the ones who chucked our toys out the pram.

Nice to know that even once we've left the EU, the folks who wanted out of it will be using it as an excuse for all of our country's problems though. 

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

But the UK reversing the decision to leave is, which is probably a more likely scenario. 

It is certainly their end game; force a second referendum, or indeed a third of fourth until we give the right answer.  It's always been their endgame.

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Well that'll be our fault, not theirs. We're the ones who chucked our toys out the pram.

Nice to know that even once we've left the EU, the folks who wanted out of it will be using it as an excuse for all of our country's problems though. 

Utter nonsense.

44 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If it ends in No Deal everybody involved in some way is to blame. (Unless the whole thing is brought down by one faction)

Our politicians are supposed to be able to navigate crisis for the good of the people they represent, anything in their hands that harms people both here and on the continent would be a terrible failure of all those involved.

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've always found responding to someone by calling their position on something things like "utter nonsense" without actually countering their argument and explaining why it's "utter nonsense" really strengthens an argument. lol 

If you think it's "utter nonsense" say why. To me you clearly don't have confidence in your reasoning behind calling it such because you won't express that reasoning. 

Ok fine:  I don't agree that we have "chucked our toys out of the pram"  This is using inappropriate words to belittle those who you disagree with, and adds nothing to the debate except to deliberately annoy the other side.. 

The UK is a sovereign nation who held a democratic process to determine whether their people wanted to remain in or leave the Europe Union, with the result that we voted as a nation to leave.  To demean this as throwing your toys out of the pram, and using this to argue that we should somehow be punished by the EU, or not rightly demand their respect is frankly pathetic, and it is this, not the EU, which will cause us issues in future.  it is this which has led us to not prepare property for a managed no deal Brexit.  To trigger article 50 with no actual plan at all, to undermine every negotiation and give in to every request from the other side; to agree to pay more than $30Bn which we do no owe for a deal we don't even have.

Have a little more respect for what the UK is and means, and less for those who want to lead us further and further into a political Union which we never voted to join in the first place.

• Like 3

Of course it was Britain's decision to leave, but it does amaze me how some remainers are prepared to apportion no blame at all to the European Union for anything it does.

They have cocked up almost every single problem that it has had to deal with over the last few years, the debt problems in Italy, the troikas bullying of Greece, the migration crisis, the recalcitrance of the Eastern bloc to it's refugee policy, it's attitude towards NATO and the situation in Ukraine. 

On top of that the whole thing is led by a drunk who stumbles around in public and can't even turn up to a press conference with the same coloured shoes on, I can't imagine the reaction to this if it was Donald Trump - https://www.thesun.ie/video/news/jean-claude-juncker-appears-to-be-wearing-different-coloured-shoes-at-press-conference/

A temporary break on migration would probably have been enough to win the referendum and they couldn't even offer that to it's second biggest net contributor. If any country lose a part of it the leaders would resign (certainly if we lost Scotland) and this Union loses a member and if anything the leaders become even more emboldened, it's extremely strange,

Edited by MattP

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

On top of that the whole thing is led by a drunk who stumbles around in public and can't even turn up to a press conference with the same coloured shoes on, I can't imagine the reaction to this if it was Donald Trump - https://www.thesun.ie/video/news/jean-claude-juncker-appears-to-be-wearing-different-coloured-shoes-at-press-conference/

lol That's incredible.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

lol That's incredible.

If you think that's bad just look at this from the NATO summit earlier this year, it's unbelievable.

I always thought Farage was exaggerating and being a bit naughty when he said he was downing the cognac at breakfast but when you see this I fully believe it, he can barely keep himself up.

Can you imagine any other leader getting away with being that drunk at a public event? Weirdly I watch it and it makes me like him a bit more though lol

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

If you think that's bad just look at this from the NATO summit earlier this year, it's unbelievable.

I always thought Farage was exaggerating and being a bit naughty when he said he was downing the cognac at breakfast but when you see this I fully believe it, he can barely keep himself up.

Can you imagine any other leader getting away with being that drunk at a public event? Weirdly I watch it and it makes me like him a bit more though lol

What a chap. Remain would've coasted it had they just said "stick with Europe and you can be as drunk as us".

Edited by Bobby Hundreds

51 minutes ago, MattP said:

I hope you posted this from down the pub, Matt. You said you were off for beers, I think....:D

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What a chap. Remain would've coasted it had they just said "stick with Europe and you can be as drunk as us".

He'd even have my vote ?

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I hope you posted this from down the pub, Matt. You said you were off for beers, I think....:D

A couple at home at the minute, but I did see the irony in posting ?

49 minutes ago, Buce said:

Visas will be required to visit Europe as soon as Brexit takes effect. 

What a sad and backward step Brexit is. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/14/britons-must-pay-7-euros-to-visit-mainland-europe-after-brexit-eu-free-movement

No, no they won't.  The UK would be added to a Visa waiver scheme, which means you go online in advance, pay 7 Euros, and they let you in.  AND you only have to do this every 3 years.  You don't need a visa.  Lets not start talking complete nonsense.  Trust me I know ALL about what a visa is, having spent about £10k on them in the past 10 years.  This is NOT a visa.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Right on cue, looks like he's been on it today lol

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

No, no they won't.  The UK would be added to a Visa waiver scheme, which means you go online in advance, pay 7 Euros, and they let you in.  You don't need a visa.  Lets not start talking complete nonsense.  Trust me I know ALL about what a visa is, having spent about £10k on them in the past 10 years.  This is NOT a visa.

You also only have to apply once every 3 years, not every time you travel 

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No, no they won't.  The UK would be added to a Visa waiver scheme, which means you go online in advance, pay 7 Euros, and they let you in.  AND you only have to do this every 3 years.  You don't need a visa.  Lets not start talking complete nonsense.  Trust me I know ALL about what a visa is, having spent about £10k on them in the past 10 years.  This is NOT a visa.

Potatoes,  potartoes. 

We will still be restricted to visits of under 90 days, will require criminal record checks and even then, only as long as EU citizens get reciprocal rights, which is not at all certain with our xenopobic attitude to foreigners. 

Edited by Buce

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Potatoes,  potartoes. 

We will still be restricted to visits of under 90 days, will require criminal record checks and even then, only as long as EU citizens get reciprocal rights, which is not at all certain with our xenopobic attitude to foreigners. 

This is shit as I was just about to book a 91 day cruise.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

As long as you’re ok, eh?

As long as you're OK? I'd imagine that's exactly what the fishermen are saying when they watch David Mellor on the BBC earlier today saying we need to reverse the vote as it will ruin the opera he goes to watch.

It's 7 euros.

If that really upsets you wait until you see the City/Tourist tax thrown upon you when you arrive in Venice or Rome.