Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilbertFrog

No Vardy No party

Without Jamie in the side we look so ordinary , we desperately need a plan B up Front , the millions wasted on over priced and under performing players is a worry. 

We need real quality in the next two windows , and a real clean out of the dead wood. I’d rather even have some older and established players , we seem to be investing heavy in a lot of players with “potential resale value” but that is a gamble that we don’t need to be taking.

last night should make us all reflect and give thanks for Jamie Vardy ! 

I hope he is back soon 

Edited by FilbertFrog

2 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Without Jamie in the side we look so ordinary , we desperately need a plan B up Front , the millions wasted on over priced and under performing players is a worry. 

We need real quality in the next two windows , and a real clean out of the dead wood. I’d rather even have some older and established players , we seem to be investing heavy in a lot of players with “potential resale value” but that is a gamble that we don’t need to be taking.

I hope he is back soon 

I'm sure Puel will eventually realise how important Vardy is to us in the here and now, rather than fretting over what we might be in two years time, and he'll modify training accordingly for certain players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

I hope he is back soon 

Clod needs to shift out the dead wood and reduce the wage bill asap. Then we need 2 strikers. Pointless buying before that as the dead wood will never get a game and it will be hard to shift them. The wage bill would be out of control. A lot of people have been banging on about various positions that need strengthening but for me the priority has always been up front ...   we are over reliant on JV and he needs help.   I’m sorry but Nacho is not the answer.  Clod has strengthened the back for when Harry moves on and probably used the time to let others have a crack up front ...   I’m sure he now knows what to do.   For all those wanting him out what would happen then ...   a new manager would come in and have to get get quick results to justify his appointment ...    and we would go backwards (similar to what Shakey did) ..   do we really want that ??   Patience peeps ...   for now anyway.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Even with Vardy in the side we've looked very ordinary this year. I think we can now see exactly how much Riyad made us tick over the last few seasons. 

He was a class player, and, (when in the mood) could draw defenders, create space and score goals ...   but not sure he made us tick.    Maddison will make us tick.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm sure Puel will eventually realise how important Vardy is to us in the here and now, rather than fretting over what we might be in two years time, and he'll modify training accordingly for certain players.

Do we know that he hasn't already, or that regimes aren't already in place for the older players?

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The way they train - how much and when etc - is a bone of contention in the dressing room.

I think they (the majority of the team) look unfit.

But i'm sure Claude's got it covered, i'm sure he and his staff know best.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I think they look unfit.

But i'm sure Claude's got it covered, i'm sure he and his team knows best.

There is a balance to be struck between over training and under training.

And when they train and for how long in those sessions.

There is an issue which needs addressing quickly.

I don't think our problem lies only in attack. Even when Vardy plays we llok fairly average. The biggest problem (and the most important in a team) is the midfield. We have a severe lack of creativity and ideas. Yes once in a while Maddison or Gray come up with something or Albrighton puts that cracking ball in. However, some games we offer nothing. You can play world class strikers but if they're starved they won't set the world alight.

I want to see some players step up but it will take time (Chilwell, Gray, Maddison etc are still young). We also lack control in midfield. If you want to compare to our best, 15/16, it wasn't the fact Vardy/Mahrez ware in the form of their lives (of course it contributed) but it was the Kante/Drinkwater combo. Kante was amazing at helping the back 4 and turning defense into attack. Drinkwater could roam and would attack the final third to support our strike force. When was the last time one of our CM's got into the opposition box in open play?

So the solution is not simply to strengthen attack, there are more problems than that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Bit more info please Geoff ..   c’mon ....

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Are we over or under training apparently? For me we look slow transitioning from defence to attack and vice versa.

He's a once-in-a-lifetime player at a club like ours, like Shearer at Newcastle or Le Tissier at Southampton.

You can't expect us to ever be as good without him in the side.

Sadly he's probably only got a season or two left until age starts catching up with him. So we should make the most of watching him as fans while he's here.

56 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Bit more info please Geoff ..   c’mon ....

There's a frustration in the camp about training. That's it, pretty much.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

Aren't the players given a say in how things operate?

They can say what they like but it's up to the manager and coaches as to how they do it.