Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilbertFrog

No Vardy No party

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The same can be said for every team outside of the top 6.

Everton/Richardson

Bournemouth/Wilson

Brighton/Murray

The strength in depth the top 6 have is scary compared to the rest of the league.

They brought on Kane and Erickson last night when winning 2-0 ! 

Scary 

4 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

Without Jamie in the side we look so ordinary , we desperately need a plan B up Front , the millions wasted on over priced and under performing players is a worry. 

We need real quality in the next two windows , and a real clean out of the dead wood. I’d rather even have some older and established players , we seem to be investing heavy in a lot of players with “potential resale value” but that is a gamble that we don’t need to be taking.

last night should make us all reflect and give thanks for Jamie Vardy ! 

I hope he is back soon 

New look ordinary a lot of the time WITH Vardy in the side thanks to Puel. 

so, we are back to the players trying to run the team.

Can you imagine the players telling Guardiola how they should train.

This is about a team that is pretty much where it should be, but fans who expect more. How many of our current players would you see as a starter at the top 6 clubs?

in the glory 15/16, we had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy who could (and in 2 cases have) make it above us.... the rest well...

• Like 1

Agree with you guys to an extent but there has been a lack of (excuse the word)  ‘intensity’ or maybe tardiness of late. 

Concentration towards the end of the 1st half has also been poor.  Not sure if that has anything to do with training but we  have let in few late goals at the half way mark  this season. 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’d rather see something more definitive and authoritative than that (no offense) before I believe there’s some nebulous “problem” with the training schedule that has the team in turmoil.

What would you class as 'definitive and authoritative' then ... A played directly quoted saying the training should be changed and the manager doesn't listen to their concerns?

That isn't how the media works. Players don't come out publicly but they let it be known through various channels.

Nigel Pearson, for all his various faults, would listen to the big voices in the dressing room. There was a level of respect both ways. He would have the final say of course but if Wes/Kasper/King/Vardy etc had concerns he would always be open to acting on it.

The bottom line is that there's an issue with training, it's slow and boring for a number of them, especially the day before a game. Instead of being fired up, they say it's the opposite. Puel, sadly, is not much of an inspirational figure. That shows in the training and, quite often, in matches.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's true, but also remember that compared to the 15/16 team that without Vardy, it's actually no Vardy, Mahrez or Kante.

• One of those players has scored 20 goals a season in 2 of the last 4 Premier League seasons
  • One of those is widely considered as one of the best wingers in the division who scores and creates goals, and is a former PFA player of the year.
  • One of those is a man that is speculated to be two men tricking the world that they are just one person that has won the World Cup, the FA Cup, the League twice and been voted PFA player of the season.

I don't care who you are, ANY team without those players is going to look average. And that's what we look like, average. Real Madrid by the way look average these days without Ronaldo, and they still have Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Courtois and Varane.

Many of us quite rightly criticise our signings, but don't forget that this club also made three signings that Jesus Christ himself would have been proud of. And those three signings combined to win us the league!

Who will be the next signing to come off like any one of those 3? Clubs can go 20+ years without finding one that good. We had three!

Let's bring back the person who spotted these talents - Steve Walsh. And the person who brilliantly coached them - Shakespeare, in a role as assistant manager.

The luck that Walsh had was with Leicester, when he went Everton he wasn't as effective. I do believe there I something in that scenario. 

In a completely off topic sort of way, example I personally have seen in my business life that certain establishments have and always be a put of gold and others the same type of business just around the corner will never make money no matter how much more you spend on it. 

Same with certain members of my family, once the link with them was gone our home life was never as good as it was like before. 

So let's bring back the characters that made and built the Leicester side that gave us all so much joy and in the season of 15/16, before they have gone for good. Walsh and Shakespeare, with Pearson worked so well together in recruitment, with all 3 of them working together with the board in getting the right players at the best price for the benefit of the team. 

9 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

They brought on Kane and Erickson last night when winning 2-0 ! 

Scary 

No, what was scary was that they upped a gear second half and we couldn't or would not but we do look very unfit compared to a couple years ago, not that it would help our ponderous back, forwards, sideways attacking football, after a year plus and a couple of transfer windows I was expecting a lot more than a slightly improved version of what we had to endure towards the end of last season.

2 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Let's bring back the person who spotted these talents - Steve Walsh. And the person who brilliantly coached them - Shakespeare, in a role as assistant manager.

The luck that Walsh had was with Leicester, when he went Everton he wasn't as effective. I do believe there I something in that scenario. 

In a completely off topic sort of way, example I personally have seen in my business life that certain establishments have and always be a put of gold and others the same type of business just around the corner will never make money no matter how much more you spend on it. 

Same with certain members of my family, once the link with them was gone our home life was never as good as it was like before. 

So let's bring back the characters that made and built the Leicester side that gave us all so much joy and in the season of 15/16, before they have gone for good. Walsh and Shakespeare, with Pearson worked so well together in recruitment, with all 3 of them working together with the board in getting the right players at the best price for the benefit of the team. 

I think with respect everything has its day and that's gone, it was a different era like O'Neil. None of them have done well since leaving particularly Pearson and the theory of them all coming good again if back together is like hoping for a Disney movie ending and is the stuff of fantasy. The great escape was exciting but let's not forget that it was Pearson and his poor tactics that nearly got us relegated that year and, depending on what story you listen to, he was hardly responsible for the upturn in performances. He's now weaving the same magic at Leuven as he did at Derby. He did a great job here but that era has long gone and football itself has moved on. We certainly don't bring him back because he listens to a few senior pro's as someone alluded to,  we tried that with Shakespeare and found out that for all their combined knowledge,  they just weren't good enough and didn't know as much as they thought they did. There can be only one manager, popular or not. Any dissenting voices should be got rid of, whoever they might be, and I think that's started thankfully with Puel who's not here to be popular just as ironically , Pearson wasn't  when he thankfully transformed us. We can't keep blaming and sacking a succession of managers and trying to implement more new 'philosophies' with yet more new players trying to fit in with the old one's. With the young kids we've got and time to get rid of some of our ill bought purchases I feel happy things will improve but it also needs to be  tempered with a dose of realism as to who we really are and the size of our club. Our poor purchases, including some that we all thought looked good on paper like Silva put our development back a couple of years. 

We seem to have no plan B. Our only hope of a goal was a bit of magic from Maddie. We shouldn't be pinning hope on a young lad who has never played premier league football before. I really try not to get on players backs but Iheanacho is so frustrating to watch, simple things like putting the keeper under pressure at back passes and staying onside. Need to bring a forward in January.  

Heads are down, IMO the squad don’t want to play for CP and although they lifted themselves emotionally post crash are now falling back into the same rut of dismay with the style of football they’ve been concerned about for the past year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What would you class as 'definitive and authoritative' then ... A played directly quoted saying the training should be changed and the manager doesn't listen to their concerns?

That isn't how the media works. Players don't come out publicly but they let it be known through various channels.

Nigel Pearson, for all his various faults, would listen to the big voices in the dressing room. There was a level of respect both ways. He would have the final say of course but if Wes/Kasper/King/Vardy etc had concerns he would always be open to acting on it.

The bottom line is that there's an issue with training, it's slow and boring for a number of them, especially the day before a game. Instead of being fired up, they say it's the opposite. Puel, sadly, is not much of an inspirational figure. That shows in the training and, quite often, in matches.

By all accounts the long and boring sessions are also adding to our injury problems. e.g. Muscle pulls and strains, etc happening more often because of this.

From all accounts Big Nige was very innovative with the way he got the squad to train which was carried into the first part Claudios reign by Walsh and Shakespeare. Rumours circulated that Claudio in the second season changed too much of that up and the sports science aspects took a back seat and more ‘traditional’ methods were used.

Obviously at the time they were just rumours but things are starting to add up as the team has looked nowhere near as fit as it used too. 

I can imagine the players frustration to be honest that they’ve gone from cutting edge exciting ways of training that really did give them an edge to more slow ponderous ‘traditional’ methods that leave them too drained.

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Agree with you guys to an extent but there has been a lack of (excuse the word)  ‘intensity’ or maybe tardiness of late. 

Concentration towards the end of the 1st half has also been poor.  Not sure if that has anything to do with training but we  have let in few late goals at the half way mark  this season. 

You say that but the issue has been starting games. We've conceded 20 goals this season, i seem to remember seeing opta say 11 of those have come in the first 15 minutes

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Who runs our team.. the players or the manager?

Are the players (Again) downing tools because they are not getting their way?

The manager runs the team. Always.

A good manager (in any business) listens to his staff and takes on board other views.

The players are not downing tools, players rarely do.

They raise concerns and if they're not listened to there's an understandable frustration.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The manager runs the team. Always.

A good manager (in any business) listens to his staff and takes on board other views.

The players are not downing tools, players rarely do.

They raise concerns and if they're not listened to there's an understandable frustration.

Agree with 1 and 2... didnt the players effectively work against both Claudio and Shakespeare when they (the managers) tried to change things?