Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

“The coach now says he counts on him, but lets him go and train with the under-23s several times. Adrien respects the club and the orders that are given, but it’s time to clarify this situation."

Father who is also his agent saying this, certainly doesn't paint a good picture of Puel. Why on earth would Claudio now say he 'counts on him' but not even put him on the bench against Newport, instead preferring an unfit James and King who hasn't played for a year and likely never will for us again. 

Again, we don't know the full story, but I'm not sure why his father would make these things up. Mixed messages from Puel if true and unfair to Silva IMO. 

Hope Silva gets his move and can put this whole mess behind him. Either that or Puel goes and he gets another chance here and he does well similar to Mendy. 

Not sure this helps your argument tbh, given it means there are two powerful reasons why his opinion might be at best skewed.

Even if you're happy to dismiss any worries about his objectivity, that quote (on its own) is hardly a smoking gun. 

• Like 1

It was said that we weren't actively looking to sell Iborra in Jan. I'd imagine we got an offer we couldn't refuse and he went ahead of Silva who originally thought would be first out the door. So now Silva has to stay until we get a replacement lined up, as we don't want to be left short.

That or Puel has a vendetta and won't sell, preferring to keep him and waste his own budget on a player who won't fit what he wants.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

It was said that we weren't actively looking to sell Iborra in Jan. I'd imagine we got an offer we couldn't refuse and he went ahead of Silva who originally thought would be first out the door. So now Silva has to stay until we get a replacement lined up, as we don't want to be left short.

That or Puel has a vendetta and won't sell, preferring to keep him and waste his own budget on a player who won't fit what he wants.

I think we should still sell Silva if we can.  For our benefit and for the player's sanity.

The emergence of Choudury means we have N'Didi, Mendy and Hamza with James and King as cover to last 16 games and then buy in the summer.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 13:05, moore_94 said:

Just had a look and he has made 14 premier league appearances for us, could well be that there is a clause where we have to pay them when he hits 15/20 appearances

That number just follows the poor guy around like a bad smell.

10 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Not sure this helps your argument tbh, given it means there are two powerful reasons why his opinion might be at best skewed.

Even if you're happy to dismiss any worries about his objectivity, that quote (on its own) is hardly a smoking gun. 

Ah yes, let's just all assume his father is a liar, rather than consider Puel has maybe been giving Adrien mixed messages... :doh:

Appearance clauses are quite common in Contracts nowadays. So who knows the reasons he is not being used.

It clear that he has no future here so just let him go. I don't accept that we need him, we have a very decent 23 squad, someone from them could step up and be given a chance.

We need to clear the squad of expensive flops and get ready for the new season.

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think we should still sell Silva if we can.  For our benefit and for the player's sanity.

The emergence of Choudury means we have N'Didi, Mendy and Hamza with James and King as cover to last 16 games and then buy in the summer.

James and King can't be considered serious options.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

James and King can't be considered serious options.

For 15 games I think they can tbh. 

It's unlikely they'll be needed to start a game and we're not playing for any great prize this season.

If we can get a few now I'd take it and cut our losses.

Puel only names 3 CMs in his squad whether he's starting 2 or 3. If Hamza, Wilf and Mendy stay fit they're clearly the 3 right now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Ah yes, let's just all assume his father is a liar, rather than consider Puel has maybe been giving Adrien mixed messages... :doh:

What purpose does that serve if he is? Do we really think he's going to punish a player and in turn punish himself by not freeing up the budget? It's nonsensical.

If his message to Silva has changed its far more likely its because our situation has changed.

As I said, I'm sure it was mentioned we hadn't actively been trying to sell Iborra. So perhaps the sale has changed the issue slightly.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

For 15 games I think they can tbh. 

It's unlikely they'll be needed to start a game and we're not playing for any great prize this season.

If we can get a few now I'd take it and cut our losses.

Puel only names 3 CMs in his squad whether he's starting 2 or 3. If Hamza, Wilf and Mendy stay fit they're clearly the 3 right now. 

We want King gone as well though. I'd think our preferred option is to sell both and sign someone who is good enough and fits into the way we want to play.

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'll just highlight the word 'liar'.

A perfect example of how, when someone is pushing a certain agenda, they tend to 'skew' what has been said. 

Edited by turtmcfly

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We want King gone as well though. I'd think our preferred option is to sell both and sign someone who is good enough and fits into the way we want to play.

Sure but I think the club would rather buy in the summer. Unless Puel thinks it's a necessity in order to hold on to his job until next season.

Plus,  can we find a buyer for King? lol

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

If we do owe a chunk of dough if he plays many more games for us, perhaps he's waiting until the end of the window. If he stays then maybe he'll use him but if we get a replacement and we can move him on then it would be stupid to pay more money only to get rid.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I'll just highlight the word 'liar'.

A perfect example of how, when someone is pushing a certain agenda, they tend to 'skew' what has been said. 

I think you need to read my original post again and see the words 'WE DON'T KNOW THE FULL STORY' and 'IF TRUE'...

I was merely commenting on a direct statement from the player's Agent/Father and suggesting that is harsh on Silva if Puel is indeed given him mixed messages.

The amount of Puel police on here who jump on any mere suggestion of criticism is laughable. I put you lot in the same group as the ones you moan so much about, the extreme Puel-Outers! lol

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Like pretty much all transfers, a percentage of truth from the club, a percentage of truth from the agent (less so in this case as it’s his dad) and the rest made up bull

To be fair, his Dad does seem to come across quite well in it and talks about respecting the Manager's decision etc but just desperately wants some clarification on his son's future. 

It's been a torrid time for Silva from the start and I do think his best option now is to get a move away and restart his career elsewhere. 

I expected him to be first out the door after not even making the bench for the FA Cup, so I can see why this window is frustrating if there are clubs interested in signing him.

There is bound to be more to the story, but does feel like again, Silva is the one who takes the brunt of the shit stick just like the 14s drama. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair, his Dad does seem to come across quite well in it and talks about respecting the Manager's decision etc but just desperately wants some clarification on his son's future. 

It's been a torrid time for Silva from the start and I do think his best option now is to get a move away and restart his career elsewhere. 

I expected him to be first out the door after not even making the bench for the FA Cup, so I can see why this window is frustrating if there are clubs interested in signing him.

There is bound to be more to the story, but does feel like again, Silva is the one who takes the brunt of the shit stick just like the 14s drama. 

Don’t disagree, but it’s impossible to tell the truth of the matter from various staged comments (on both sides)

Will add, the person who has out here is Silva, no question

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Shock horror,  player whoes not playing family member speaks out against manger . Nothing new really is it Albrighton’s Mrs when not playing under Pearson . Vardy’s Mrs when getting dropped . Silva’s Dad when he’s not playing 

Edited by baldeagle

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think you need to read my original post again and see the words 'WE DON'T KNOW THE FULL STORY' and 'IF TRUE'...

I was merely commenting on a direct statement from the player's Agent/Father and suggesting that is harsh on Silva if Puel is indeed given him mixed messages.

The amount of Puel police on here who jump on any mere suggestion of criticism is laughable. I put you lot in the same group as the ones you moan so much about, the extreme Puel-Outers! lol

Some points in response....

By saying 'if true' you are countenancing the possibility that, well, it isn't true (it's clearly a sop anyway, since you merrily carry on under the assumption it is true). I don't understand how that so different to the first paragraph of my post - at least I provide a reason as to why it might not be. Rhetorically asking why his father (and agent!) would lie sounds like the start of a Caroline Ahern skit.

On the latter, you turned my saying his opinion 'might be 'skewed' into me saying he was a 'liar' - why?

I tried to explain that even if the father's comments were 100% accurate, the apparent 'crime' is so negligible in the scheme of things it would still be couldn't-give-a-****-time chez Turty.

Finally, the reason this Puel-not-outer is different to so many Puel-outers (you it would seem are in that number) is this one doesn't come stinking up a thread ostensibly about a particular player's transfer movements and use it as yet another means of having a pop at Puel. This Puel-not-outer is mightily bored of the logically fallacious, straw-man strewn horseshit he keeps reading and wishes it would go away.

Edited by turtmcfly

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Some points in response....

By saying 'if true' you are countenancing the possibility that, well, it isn't true (it's clearly a sop anyway, since you merrily carry on under the assumption it is true). I don't understand how that so different to the first paragraph of my post - at least I provide a reason as to why i might not be. Rhetorically asking why his father (and agent!) would lie sounds like the start of a Caroline Ahern skit.

On the latter, you turned my saying his opinion 'might be 'skewed' into me saying he was a 'liar' - why?

I tried to explain that even if the father's comments were 100% accurate, the apparent 'crime' is so negligible in the scheme of things it would still be couldn't-give-a-****-time chez Turty.

Finally, the reason this Puel-not-outer is different to so many Puel-outers (you it would seem are in that number) is this one doesn't come stinking up a thread ostensibly about a particular player's transfer movements and use it as yet another means of having a pop at Puel. This Puel-not-outer is mightily bored of the logically fallacious, straw-man strewn horseshit he keeps reading and wishes it would go away.

Yeh, I'm not. I believe he should be given until the end of the season and post that in pretty much all my posts concerning him.

I have no agenda. I was simply commenting on what the player's agent/father said and think that it is unfair of Puel to give Silva mixed messages IF TRUE. 

Pretty much it. 

If that triggers you. Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We want King gone as well though

It's all well and good wanting a player gone, but we've shot ourselves in the foot giving the contract out. King, James, Benalouane, massive unwarrented deals. In this case Silva, I'll be amazed if someone buys him given he's contracted on big money until 2021 when he's 33. We've done another this week and this time next year fans on here will be wondering what on earth was going on. I can guarantee if we're still playing a 31/32 year old Marc Albrighton on the wing we won't be doing well in the league.

• Like 2

The only way we'll get James out is by a Loan. Nobody is going to buy  him until he proved his fitness, and that's unlikely to happen here.

So loan him out until the Summer, if he stays fit then someone will buy him because he is a decent player.

King is a different matter. He's so infuriating, he has the talent but not the ambition.

Clubs won't buy a player who shifts tackles.I

Silva needs to restart his career, somewhere away from here.

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Yeh, I'm not. I believe he should be given until the end of the season and post that in pretty much all my posts concerning him.

I have no agenda. I was simply commenting on what the player's agent/father said and think that it is unfair of Puel to give Silva mixed messages IF TRUE. 

Pretty much it. 

If that triggers you. Fair enough. 

Of course! You 'simply comment', whereas I get 'triggered'.

TBF, the concept that 'if Puel did something unfair' it would be 'unfair' is pretty simple, to the point of being fatuous.