Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

8 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

He must be terrible in training, I feel like he's exactly what we need at the moment.

In a few report, he is supposed to be really good in training. I think Its something financial.

2 hours ago, teblin said:

In a few report, he is supposed to be really good in training. I think Its something financial.

I agree. I think that although the player is quite decent, his wages are such that Puel doesn't think he's worth it because he can get a player of his choosing for the same amount of money. Look at Emery with Ozil and Ramsey at Arsenal as similar examples. Both of those players are clearly very good, but don't suit the exact style of play the manager wants to implement. Thus Arsenal are losing Ramsey for free and Ozil is often left out of matchday squads, and Lucas Torrerira who does suit Emery's style was drafted in.

At the same time with Silva, has had a number of games to play in and never taken his chance. Hamza was given the same number of chances and IMO, always looked better and more promising.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we owe Sporting a decent chunk of dough if he plays another PL game for us

Makes sense if true. I can't fathom that Puel thinks he is so bad, that he would rather play an unfit James and give minutes to King who he's had locked in a store cupboard all season. 

I think it is a case of, he doesn't think he is cut out for the Premier League or what he personally wants from a CM, coupled with owing a payment to Sporting if he plays set amount of games for us. 

31 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Correct. 5m.

There you have it then. Combination of Puel not having faith in his ability or not the type of CM he wants PLUS £5million if plays another game for us.

Harsh on the player I think, especially after everything that happened with the 14s saga. Think this goes down as a move to try and forget, for both parties.

On a positive note, you really can't fault his attitude if his social media posts are anything to go by. 

Personally, I would have tried him in a midfield three, with two from N'didi, Mendy and Choudary alongside him. Not saying it would have worked, but on paper it was certainly worth a go. 

Ah well, looks for certain we will be trying our hardest to move him on in this window then. Hope he gets a decent club and can get his career back on track. Seems a decent pro. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dames said:

It all makes sense now.

Indeed. Guess going back to Sporting is not on the cards then! (Unless they are willing to miss out on the 5m)

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Seems a bit of a strange clause to have a further payment for such a low number of appearances. Do we do this a lot?

14 PL games and 19 all comps to date.

Maybe it is to cover for a serious injury and is common place in transfers :dunno:

• Like 1

Sporting released a statement about the deal when he originally signed, there is a variable amount up to €5m in the contract but that is and based on player AND club performance.

There is no chance in heaven that we will owe them £5m more based on one more appearance at such a low level of appearances.

When the contract was made we'd have expected him to have made this many appearances by Christmas at the latest.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sporting released a statement about the deal when he originally signed, there is a variable amount up to €5m in the contract but that is and based on player AND club performance.

There is no chance in heaven that we will owe them £5m more based on one more appearance at such a low level of appearances.

When the contract was made we'd have expected him to have made this many appearances by Christmas at the latest.

I think what would actually be interesting to know is if any of the transfer fee we got from Chelsea for Drinkwater would be dependant on similar things.

We are not likely going to get any more money off Chelsea which we might have been banking on for this particular thing so we are not willing to send any money to Sporting outside of that.

Could be pure speculation of course.

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

20 appearances yeah and if you think theres no way we'd do that you dont know a lot about football transfers and some of the stupid deals that get signed. We were desperate and got backed into a corner. Some at the club think we have a moral obligation to the player to play him as well.

There's a clause in Slimani's contract where we pay Sporting an amount of money every 20 or so games hes plays excluding the loan, which just carries on, hence why hes been sent on loan and wont play for us again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

20 appearances yeah and if you think theres no way we'd do that you dont know a lot about football transfers

This isn't about opinion, it's about fact.

They stipulated that the amount is €5m not £5m

They stipulated that the amount is variable

They stipulated that the amount is upto

They stipulated that the amount is based on player AND club performance.

ie. The €5m is made up of multiple differing amounts set on multiple differing goals. Not a flat €5m, because that wouldn't be variable, that wouldn't be upto and that wouldn't be based on player and club performance.

• Haha 1