Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This isn't about opinion, it's about fact.

They stipulated that the amount is €5m not £5m - sorry

They stipulated that the amount is variable - depending on the club being in the premier league

They stipulated that the amount is upto - two criteria as below

They stipulated that the amount is based on player AND club performance. - club appearances and staying in the premier league.

ie. The €5m is made up of multiple differing amounts set on multiple differing goals. Not a flat €5m, because that wouldn't be variable, that wouldn't be upto and that wouldn't be based on player and club performance.

???

You're the most objectionable person ever.

Sorry i meant euros not pounds.?

Answers above. Feel free to keep arguing about it though. ?

Edited by Abrasive fox

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sporting released a statement about the deal when he originally signed, there is a variable amount up to €5m in the contract but that is and based on player AND club performance.

There is no chance in heaven that we will owe them £5m more based on one more appearance at such a low level of appearances.

When the contract was made we'd have expected him to have made this many appearances by Christmas at the latest.

It would explain why he's not been anywhere near the team for months now. There is often an array of variables to transfer deals, Sporting are shit houses as well so who knows.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would explain why he's not been anywhere near the team for months now. There is often an array of variables to transfer deals, Sporting are shit houses as well so who knows.

Makes little sense Ric, why would we leave him out of the squad completely for 7 games, then randomly chuck him in for 65 minutes against Saints in the cup, then just vanish him again. He's been missing for huge chunks of the season, then reappeared, then vanishes again, then reappears. He's made 21 appearances.... we meant to believe €5m is resting on playing 22 games in all comps? Or 15 league games?

We've heard all this shit before from ITK's with players then rocking up a few weeks later.

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Makes little sense Ric, why would we leave him out of the squad completely for 7 games, then randomly chuck him in for 65 minutes against Saints in the cup, then just vanish him again. He's been missing for huge chunks of the season, then reappeared, then vanishes again, then reappears. He's made 21 appearances.... we meant to believe €5m is resting on playing 22 games in all comps? Or 15 league games?

We've heard all this shit before from ITK's with players then rocking up a few weeks later.

Cos cup games dont count? 

“The coach now says he counts on him, but lets him go and train with the under-23s several times. Adrien respects the club and the orders that are given, but it’s time to clarify this situation."

Father who is also his agent saying this, certainly doesn't paint a good picture of Puel. Why on earth would Claudio now say he 'counts on him' but not even put him on the bench against Newport, instead preferring an unfit James and King who hasn't played for a year and likely never will for us again. 

Again, we don't know the full story, but I'm not sure why his father would make these things up. Mixed messages from Puel if true and unfair to Silva IMO. 

Hope Silva gets his move and can put this whole mess behind him. Either that or Puel goes and he gets another chance here and he does well similar to Mendy. 

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

“The coach now says he counts on him, but lets him go and train with the under-23s several times. Adrien respects the club and the orders that are given, but it’s time to clarify this situation."

Father who is also his agent saying this, certainly doesn't paint a good picture of Puel. Why on earth would Claudio now say he 'counts on him' but not even put him on the bench against Newport, instead preferring an unfit James and King who hasn't played for a year and likely never will for us again. 

Again, we don't know the full story, but I'm not sure why his father would make these things up. Mixed messages from Puel if true and unfair to Silva IMO. 

Hope Silva gets his move and can put this whole mess behind him. Either that or Puel goes and he gets another chance here and he does well similar to Mendy. 

His dad sounds right pissed off with the situation. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Always Puel's fault eh.

I know it’s an extra fee but is he really not good enough that we’d risk 5m on him when you think of what that buys you if he leaves and a replacement comes in. I still think he’d be worth it, but clearly the guy who counts doesn’t so I guess we should just move on... 

Sevilla now interested

http://sportwitness.co.uk/l-2/

“La Liga side Sevilla have made an approach to sign Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva, according to the Portuguese press.

Newspaper A Bola reports this afternoon that the Spanish side have made a first approach, and are now wondering about making an effort to sign the player in the January window.

The outlet says that Leicester City have responded showing their preference for a permanent transfer, and would have no desire to rush into negotiating a loan deal.

In case the loan deal is the only option the Foxes can get, then the interested club would have to cover 100% of Adrien Silva’s salary.

It’s claimed that Adrien Silva is the second option in Sevilla’s list, as the club have Napoli’s Marko Rog as their top target for the winter transfer window.

It’s worth recalling that A Bola featured an interview with Adrien Silva’s father today, and he had an interesting rant about the treatment Claudio Puel has been dishing out to his son.”

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Seems strange that we're not letting him go. Even stranger that we're depending on him and never playing him.

Or perhaps we will let him go, but the club aren't going to do so on the cheap and will get as much as they can. If there are plenty of options and interest it's foolish to accept the first offer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Who said it wasn't... I think you are the one making assumptions and generally never giving any benefit of the doubt when you have little information to go on.

I give plenty to be honest. I was referring to what was said directly by the player's agent/father. I also said '...WE DON'T KNOW THE FULL STORY' and '...IF TRUE'... Then gave my opinion. 

You are far too busy getting triggered by any criticism of him and jumping on one poster to the next. Have a day off lol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sevilla now interested

“La Liga side Sevilla have made an approach to sign Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva, according to the Portuguese press.

Newspaper A Bola reports this afternoon that the Spanish side have made a first approach, and are now wondering about making an effort to sign the player in the January window.

The outlet says that Leicester City have responded showing their preference for a permanent transfer, and would have no desire to rush into negotiating a loan deal.

In case the loan deal is the only option the Foxes can get, then the interested club would have to cover 100% of Adrien Silva’s salary.

It’s claimed that Adrien Silva is the second option in Sevilla’s list, as the club have Napoli’s Marko Rog as their top target for the winter transfer window.

It’s worth recalling that A Bola featured an interview with Adrien Silva’s father today, and he had an interesting rant about the treatment Claudio Puel has been dishing out to his son.”

That would be a decent move for him. Hopefully true and he can restart his career! 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sevilla now interested

That bloody Claudio Puel! ?

40 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Meant to be off to Bordeaux with the head scout.

Who, David Mills ?  I haven't seen anything about him going, he's been with us years I think - even pre-dating Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh.  His background doesn't seem a natural fit for a French club !

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Who, David Mills ?  I haven't seen anything about him going, he's been with us years I think - even pre-dating Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh.  His background doesn't seem a natural fit for a French club !

My mistake, put the wrong job there. Head of recruitment - Macia.