Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Last Minute Christmas Advice and ideas

Hatchimals.

Anyone any experience of them.

I'm talking about for a 4 year old girl not myself.

Whilst I'm at it

Leaf blowers any recommendations for power (I'm only interested in battery operated blowers) etc... It needs to be able to blow wet leaves on a garden- this time it's for the wife.

On 12/12/2018 at 18:47, Beliall said:

Hey, I'm hooping to pick your brains a bit. at the risk of turning this place into mums.net , i need advice on a couple of things and thought maybe others would too

Amazon echo. thinking of getting one for the teenager. so he can listen to music while on the xbox without his laptop out. is the speaker on it any good? any thoughts on it from users? 

secondly, my 11yr old boy has asked for books, i have no idea what he might like so im loking for recommendations. preferably a boxed set or series, but anything really. might be nice to give him a range of topics

thanks!

Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider books were my go to when I was about 11-14. Thoroughly recommend them. 

Just looked on Amazon, set of 10 for 18 quid.

I think there were about 5/6 that I read.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

On 12/12/2018 at 18:47, Beliall said:

Hey, I'm hooping to pick your brains a bit. at the risk of turning this place into mums.net , i need advice on a couple of things and thought maybe others would too

Amazon echo. thinking of getting one for the teenager. so he can listen to music while on the xbox without his laptop out. is the speaker on it any good? any thoughts on it from users? 

secondly, my 11yr old boy has asked for books, i have no idea what he might like so im loking for recommendations. preferably a boxed set or series, but anything really. might be nice to give him a range of topics

thanks!

'My 11 year old has asked for books, I've no idea what he might like' ....really?

Think you need to bond a little more!

14 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

'My 11 year old has asked for books, I've no idea what he might like' ....really?

Think you need to bond a little more!

he's 11.. he changes his mind on what he's into every 5 mins. I was looking for recommendations from other parents on their kids liked or what they grew up reading. of course i had my own ideas but it doesn't hurt top get more input. 

But thanks for the judgemental comment, dick.

• Haha 1

On 13/12/2018 at 18:07, Unabomber said:

What about presents for mums n dads any ideas? 

Bought my mum one of those DNA testing kits - you know, the ones to determine your ancestry, not whether they've been involved in a crime.

I'll piss myself if there's something exotic in the bloodline