Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He wasn't injured when he was included in the squad, he'd been back and playing with little issue for half a season.

I could be wrong but i'm fairly certain he was.

Edit @The Doctor

Not the greatest of sources and admittedly one of not many (The other sources are comments on this forum), so perhaps these are what I was thinking of/getting confused with if indeed he wasn't injured as you say.

Some believe injured Matty James’ inclusion is odd and King should be there instead.

https://foxesofleicester.com/2018/09/04/leicester-city-25-man-squad/

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Not really, he chose Matty James who isn’t even fit over him, and Silva could have made the squad quite a few times, maybe not start but could have at least made the bench! 

Harsh on Silva that!! 

You wouldn't expect a 23m pound footballer to have to resort to popping down to B&Q and getting some 4X2, a hammer, saw and a box of screws. 

No wonder there's been complaints about his training methods!! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Harsh on Silva that!! 

You wouldn't expect a 23m pound footballer to have to resort to popping down to B&Q and getting some 4X2, a hammer, saw and a box of screws. 

No wonder there's been complaints about his training methods!! 

Definitely mate I just don’t think he would be quite up to speed/fitness yet as he hasn’t had much game time this last year! 

I think people do need need to remember that though instead of writing him off

Edited by chapero82

If these stories of player unrest (again) are true, then I hope the next manager helps them play scintillating football whilst claiming a top four place and winning the FA cup.

Otherwise, we may as well start planning for the next manager after the next manager right away.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

We've also lost 2 in about 9 haven't we?

I think this has more to do with behind the scenes e.g treatment if staff than it has to do with results! If he’s breaking down spirit etc then that can’t go on, because Peter Taylor did that and look where it took us 

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Appointing Pellegrino got Southampton where they are. Disastrous appointment.

That plus their recruitment going to bits. Appointing Mark Hughes symbolises how far they've fallen.

It's as good as over now for Puel and sadly, he'll be remembered for.... well, very little really and that's kind of the problem.

13 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I admit to changing my mind weekly when it comes to "In or Out" but would like to think as a club and with what we have been through this year that as long as relegation is out of the picture then we at least give Claude a full season.

Its been far from easy for supporters so can only imagine what the players and Claude have been through....he has acted with class and dignity throughout the toughest period of our existence and for me deserves the season.

Maybe if the Puel regime hadn't been turgid before the helicopter crash then maybe there would be some merit in this.

The fact is that he was close to the sack before the crash and the results have been unspectacular so it shouldn't now be an excuse to give him longer than he's ever really deserved.

One of the few recent games we've won was that game at Cardiff where management and form kind of went out of the window given the exceptional circumstances surrounding that match.

i'll admit I'm not a fan of Puel's but I also question whether he really did anything above and beyond in circumstances surrounding the crash. I'd even go as far to say Schmeichel actually led more prominently than Puel. Acting with 'class', 'professionalism' and 'dignity' (which are the words that are constantly used) should be a given really for any human being around a tragedy like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think this has more to do with behind the scenes e.g treatment if staff than it has to do with results! If he’s breaking down spirit etc then that can’t go on, because Peter Taylor did that and look where it took us 

If that turns out to be true then at least it would be the first time I've heard a legitimate reason that his job is on the line. Given the end of the last couple of regimes, I think it's more likely player inspired if there's any truth in it at all.

If that's the case (which it may not be), and we act on it, most managers with the kind of record the fans want wouldn't look near us if they had any sense. 

Team has underachieved for the most part under Claude and I don't believe has punched above their weight this season. Too many listless performances and too many non-competitive matches against big clubs.  But I wouldn't sack him unless they have someone lined up.  This interim stuff and uncertainty heading into the transfer window I think would only get the buzzards circling to come in and try to get McGuire, Chilwell, Vardy etc.

The biggest thing I see with Claude is these guys don't start competing until they go down a goal.  I think some of that is on the players due to their own make-up (too many not mentally tough enough maybe?) but some of that has to be on the manager if he can't draw more out of them.