Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Chill your beans Max 

Just pulling your leg

Its been one of those days and I couldn’t help myself :) 

Haha sorry Mike, I've had a few, thought I'd have a quick look on FT and stumbled on the latest shitstorm.

I just wish we'd sort ourselves out as a club tbh. This stuff just makes the club look tinpot again.

My apologies :thumbup:

• Like 2

The problem every manager we have now coming in is that we've won the League and want to win other cups. We want to be challenging for European football, albeit most likely the Europa league. The amount of money that has been injected into our side, the way we are playing, simply is not good enough. He's been here a year and most of that tenure we have not played anywhere near good enough.

Lose the next couple, others around us win, and we are so easily dragged into the relegation battle.

Then we hear reports behind the scenes it isn't working... Michael Appleton going in the summer was sign enough there were problems. There are fundamental problems and if we take Southampton fans at their word, they saw this coming too. Let's not end up the same way and try to do something before it is too late.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If we sack the manager before we're even near the relegation zone because Vardy is unhappy then I doubt any but the most delusional managers will even consider us.

I don’t understand this we’re not near the relegation zone so we shouldn’t sack the manager our squad is talented enough to be in the top ten we only have 42 points from Puel’s last 38 games this is almost relegation form and performances have been dismal and the squad is severely underachieving should be top 10 if not 7th or 8th. And now there are suggestions he has also lost the staff and the dressing room he needs to go now

• Like 1

Let him finish the transition of our squad. Say what you want about the football at the minute, but our squad is getting younger and more exciting. 

Give him time to get rid of the older players and bring in younger replacements and we might actually be able to attract some good managers excited by the potential of our squad. Replace him now and we´ll end up with Pearson, Moyes, Hughes or something like that.

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’d be better off resigning.... 

i actually dont really like someone’s job being played out in the media... is like it sorted one way or the other.

If he resigned, he wouldnt get paid. And its part of being a football manager having your job played out in the media. Most managers end up getting another job soon enough anyway, regardless of how shit they are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaqq said:

Let him finish the transition of our squad. Say what you want about the football at the minute, but our squad is getting younger and more exciting. 

Give him time to get rid of the older players and bring in younger replacements and we might actually be able to attract some good managers excited by the potential of our squad. Replace him now and we´ll end up with Pearson, Moyes, Hughes or something like that.

As soon as you said exciting I knew you was drunk lol

• Haha 1

Just now, chapero82 said:

As soon as you said exciting I knew you was drunk lol

I can understand why someone would say the football at the minute is boring to watch, but to say our squad isn´t shaping up to a quite exciting squad is just stupid.

4 minutes ago, mod hero said:

You’re very hostile tonight Max

Yeah, fair comment.

Just sick of this merry-go-round tbh.

My concern is, we go out, get another manager and end up somewhere between 8th and 15th anyway whilst further damaging the reputation of the club for future managers.

I've also apologised to Mike, a poster I very much like.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah, fair comment.

Just sick of this merry-go-round tbh.

My concern is, we go out, get another manager and end up somewhere between 8th and 15th anyway whilst further damaging the reputation of the club for future managers.

I've also apologised to Mike, a poster I very much like.

Only meant it in jest pal.

When I’ve been boozing, instead of coming on here I often find that red tube is a more relaxing experience ??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mod hero said:

5 minutes ago, mod hero said:

When I’ve been boozing, instead of coming on here I often find that red tube is a more relaxing experience ??

I am a argumentative twat but I can also recognise good advice when I see it lol

I know you're right. Unfortunately, arguing has appeared to have sobered me up though.

Ah, I dunno, it was easier when we all accepted we were rubbish really.

• Haha 1

Don't really see the point in sacking him now, should've done it a few weeks ago and got Hasenhuttl in. If the owners are really sure about sticking with the possession based approach, get Daniel Farke and Stuart Webber on board but doubt that would be possible until the summer.

There's nothing exciting though. I really don't get this myth that we're an exciting side. We are just about the most drab side to watch in the league.

We have a younger squad, impossible to dispute - but are we getting the most from it, and how much of this is actually down to Puel? Has he come in and demanded that we focus on our younger players or has this come from above him? That kind of thing for me should be coming from above him, and is something we retain when he goes.

With some clever investment there is potential to do something decent here, but we've got a lot of mess to clear up first.

There are problems all around with us, really. Puel going I think is necessary but there's a lot more to come.

The player power thing is a tricky one to judge. We have a reputation for it now like it or not (although both Ranieri & Puel also have reputations for losing dressing rooms) but have we done wrong this time?

I just don't know anymore. I can't tell what the problem truly is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The player power thing is a tricky one to judge. We have a reputation for it now like it or not (although both Ranieri & Puel also have reputations for losing dressing rooms) but have we done wrong this time?

I just don't know anymore. I can't tell what the problem truly is.

If there's any truth to it, it's a major issue isn't it?

Almost all of us think each of the last three managers should have done better (since 2016 obviously), with the players they had at their disposal.

At what point do we look beyond the managers.

If, a very big if, the players 'dissatisfaction' has been the biggest issue then we really do have a massive problem that won't be easy to eradicate 

If he’s forced out, so should the snakes.

This club will never progress whilst players are snaking manager after manager.

I hope he goes, we get a big named manager, who will put these one season wonders, over paid shite in their place, and hopefully out the door as well.

The players should be trying to work with the manager, and not creating situations for top at this time, I just wish they’d get on with what they are paid stupid money for, play ****ing football, no matter the style, the spoilt little bastards

• Like 2

Looking forward for next season's version of this thread with the next manager :)

first we get a new manager, maybe Pearson on interim from his relegation battle in belgium league 2, play well 3 wins from 5. Vardy comes out with "enjoying football again" quotes. Form drops. Finish 11th. New contracts for players that Puel didn't like. 

Foxestalk want him out in September. Sacked by November.

You all owe me 1 pence if I am right.

Less than a month ago Vardy was joking with him and he even pushed him in front of the players to get applauds from the fans.
I can't believe the situation could degenerate the way it's described in the articles in that short span of time.

I guess someone from "Sportsmail" has a manager friend desperate to get a job.

Anyway, if the rumours are true, there is no point keeping him, but if it's only to please old players who already showed major signs of decline, that would be one of the stupidest decision in football history.

90 minutes until this place stops serving drink and I'm stood at the bar nearly sobbing at the thought of Brendan ****ing Rodgers taking over our club. Poor me, poor me, poor me.....another drink. Looks like we're about to roll the ? again.

Bring on Chelsea.

Edit - Don't you dare Mike lol

Edited by Max Wall
  • Haha 1

The idea that we have a rotten dressing room is daft to me. These players care about the club and that’s been obvious from the championship years straight through to Vichai’s passing. I’m sure all they want what is the best for the club. 

Claude might do a good job elsewhere but it’s pretty clear now that he’s not suited to us at all. I was for giving him more time than this but I’m struggling to see the point anymore. 

I could see the logic behind the appointments of both Shakey and Puel but ultimately neither were/are good enough to take us where we want to be. Next appointment - if it does happen - is a critical one 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaqq said:

:o

Err, No.

• Like 1

Rodgers ffs. I'm a Percy fan but that article seems uncharacteristically bullshitty from him. Very little in quotes and what there is seems kind of out of context. Weird.

That said we are clearly not all pulling in the same direction but the timing of this is still strange despite the downturn in results. Giving him 3 games now when 2 of them are against Chelsea and Man City? Come on now.