Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Looking at the fact this has been reported by Percy and whitwell (both well connected here), it seems to me that someone senior has briefed against the manager in order to prepare the wider public for the decision ......we see what is going on but the general footballing public don’t. The ground is being laid for a change within weeks .........

• Like 2

10 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Sacking Puel put Southampton where they are. That could well be us. Indeed, I dont think that I have seen my last LCFC season in the second tier. 

I am not at all convinced that Puel has lost the dressing room. 

Selling all their best players put Southampton where they are.

If all those sports reports headlines are to believed about the unrest in the dressing room the treatment of Vardy Silva King and others, then it doesn’t look like it’s going to be very merry Christmas for mr Puell but then again if he is let go I’m sure he’ll get a rather hefty payout from the club so I’m sure that will soften the blow slightly ? 

9 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

Truth or not, this just reinforces my distaste for player power. I'd rather the players gave it their all on the pitch and the managerial decisions be left to the board to make instead of being pressured to do so by player comments to press.

They are, but when some players take the managers messages literally and refuse to stray, even when the match requires it, your senior players need to have the ability to say lets change it up, I don't think Puel allows this. 

Vardy is being played out of games by his own team. He has every right to air his frustration, since Puel, he's gone from being in the top 5 goalscorers in the league to looking like an inconsistent championship striker. That's not coincidence, it's the style of play. We are far too safe with our passing and too slow on the build, by the time it gets to the strikers, the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. Vardy has no space to run into. 

35 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He may not have lost the dressing room but has lost the majority of King Power stadium and the fans 

Has he really lost the fans? Didn't hear any anti-Puel chants at the last two games. Majority are Puel Out on here, but this place tends to be more extreme in its views than the 'average' fan, I've found.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at the fact this has been reported by Percy and whitwell (both well connected here), it seems to me that someone senior has briefed against the manager in order to prepare the wider public for the decision ......we see what is going on but the general footballing public don’t. The ground is being laid for a change within weeks .........

I’m just wondering if they have a replacement already in the wings as some of those articles are reporting us going for a higher profile manager ( and I’m sure some on here are about to get rather excited by thinking it’s jose but it won’t be  !) Rodgers and Rafa have been mentioned again but it’s just going to be one of those wait and see moments but I’m sure our club will do the right thing  !!

??

Edited by justfoxes

Might as well announce vardy as player manager and be done with it. 

In all seriousness, I’m not Puel out at this stage, not because I think he’s doing a good job because he clearly isn’t but because I think he should have until the end of the season and the January window to address the areas we need to improve. 

But its inevitable he’s going to be sacked. I don’t necessarily think players have stopped playing for him but it’s just not working. 

My fear is who they might turn too when recruiting a replacement. Going for Puel suggested a plan and I hope they don’t just go for a Allardyce, Moyes type.

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Vardy is being played out of games by his own team. He has every right to air his frustration, since Puel, he's gone from being in the top 5 goalscorers in the league to looking like an inconsistent championship striker. 

Ok, so given he's got a xG of 7.76 for the season (scored 5 so near enough 3 goals short of what you'd expect from the chances he's had) which translates to 0.74 xG/90, the best he's ever had in this division (last season 15.27 xG, 0.42 per 90; 16-17: 9.95, 0.32 per 90; 15-16: 22.14, 0.63 per 90; 14-15: 7.85, 0.31 per 90), maybe it's not the style of play and it's just he's woefully out of form - he's getting better chances than ever.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, somebum said:

Vardy is not serious about leaving Leicester but he as an influential member of the side believes along with others that to get tops attention to the serious matter of what he believes and the team believes to be poor management from Claude puel it will take something serious like handing in a transfer request from a top player

Top is eager 2 Show an executive decision early and to show the players he really cares what they think

Certain players believe Claude puel will be sacked very soon

I have no insider info but this is what I believe is probably happening.

The players do look frustrated with what Puel is trying to do. None more so than Vardy

Theres generally no smoke without fire and I suspect a couple or three losses on the bounce and I think Puel will be replaced.

Amongst the fans too, there’s an air of despondency at the moment, I’ve not talked to a single fan this week who isn’t confused over team selections and tactics. I think our players are generally better than the performances they are putting in at present.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Puel is now around 11/8 favourite to be next Premier League manager to be sacked. When that price goes odds on you can be pretty sure he’s gone. 

Chelsea must be the bet of the day to win today with our current form and this recent movement. 

Not the nicest time of the year for this to happen but I think Stowell  will be in charge for our Man City home defeat on Boxing Day.

Stowell out.

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

What's wrong with rodgers lol . I’d be very happy

plays good attacking football

knowledge of the premier league

young manager

Our fans seem to think we are a club that will attract the likes of Jardim. Rodgers would actually be punching above our weight. 

We'll actually end up with someone shit.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Our fans seem to think we are a club that will attract the likes of Jardim. Rodgers would actually be punching above our weight. 

We'll actually end up with someone shit.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Some of the delusion is amazing. There were posters claiming they wouldn’t take Wenger lol 

• Like 1

Personally I think Puel has a big task on his hands and overall he is doing ok. We have some young players in the squad and young players doing well on loan with (I assume) the view to bringing them into the squad next season. (Benkovic and Barnes)

We have players who don't suit the style that Puel is trying to impose, with more windows I believe we would be set up better. So the long term strategy I think looks quite good.

But in the short term we are playing some dull stuff, I have a season ticket and haven't been to a game since November 10th (Burnley) due to other commitments and I am not even bothered that i've missed games. It doesn't excite me going to the games atm. This is a huge problem. Some of the decision making has been woeful.

So I am well and truly on the fence with this. If Puel was sacked I wouldn't be happy or sad. I see what he is trying to do and I am happy to stick with him as I think the long term looks promising. Then again I am sick of seeing us start playing when we fall behind.

If I had to choose I would rather stick with him. We aren't at threat of relegation just yet. Until that happens I would stick with him and see how the long term strategy plays out. I also have no faith in who we would bring in to replace him. There are some dross managers out there without a job. Allardyce, Moyes or even Mark Hughes :mad:

I will back whatever decision Top makes. I trust his judgement. But without Vichai, Top will have to carefully consider the decision he makes without Vichai's leadership.

Lets just hope this isn't a turning point for bad things to come.

I have no strong feelings on whether Puel should go or stay, however if he does go the next appointment has to be a strong high profile manager who has been at the very top of the game and can reign in the ego's of the legends. If not, we're just going to keep seeing the same nonsense every year. One thing is for certain - unless everybody is pulling in the same direction I think we need to accept that mid-table mediocrity is here to stay.