Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

I suggested him in the who do you want Jan 2019 thread.

Really think he would be a good understudy to Vardy. Can ease him in gently from the bench or start him when Vardy needs a rest. A young hungry player with all the right attributes. From Leicester too, so would be a good fit IMO.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

Was due to join Bournemouth but that fell through.

The family is still very Leicestershire based....

Agents always tapping up..

Good chance he'll be gone in Jan.

Anyway he's had a good year and he may be a good option to have, a player that's young and willing to understudy Vardy and won't be left wanting when he's given the chance.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

1 in 2 this season, for a 22 year old that's pretty good is it not?

It's actually slightly better than that.

He's played 22 games worth of minutes and has 16 goal contributions. Not a bad effort.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

1 in 2 this season, for a 22 year old that's pretty good is it not?

12 in 28 according to Wikipedia, that's not bad for a team in 8th, but not great either. His best season comfortably as well. I haven't seen much of him though so I wouldn't be able to judge his all round game.

Would definitely take this lad. Quick, strong, hard-worker and not a bad finisher. Rather have him than Iheanacho. Hell, I'd rather have anyone than Iheanacho. We desperately need another striker and Adams would fit the bill nicely. 

• Haha 1

Still think we need a different type of striker in our squad. Someone who can offer us an aerial threat and capable of holding up the ball and bringing our full backs and wide men into play. 

Che Adams maybe a decent target in the Summer if a decision is made on Iheanacho but right now, I think a big no.9 is what is needed and would give us a much needed different dimension, when we are struggling to make a break through, which has often been the case this season. 

• Like 1

There's an argument to be made that having an understudy to Vardy who plays in a similar style is smart, so you don't have to completely change the way you play if Vardy isn't playing (which at 32 with a history of groin problems, is likely to be an increasingly reality).

Ideally I think you'd like to have somebody like Adams - that understudy and hopefully eventual replacement - and a true #9 you can use mainly as a sub to throw at a tired back four and change the attack mid-game.  But the budget and the bloated roster don't allow for that at the moment.

• Like 1

I know work rate isn’t everything but it would make a nice change to see some movement upfront.

This stat can be misleading because we don’t know if he’s tracking back, making runs in behind or what. But a positive attribute non the less.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

12 in 28 according to Wikipedia, that's not bad for a team in 8th, but not great either. His best season comfortably as well. I haven't seen much of him though so I wouldn't be able to judge his all round game.

12 in 23 league starts, harsh to count 10 minutes at the end of a match as a game. 1 in 3 the year before if you look at minutes played.  For a young lad they are respectable numbers in a not particularly adventurous team. From what I've seen he looks quite strong and a battler.

Can't even find a Brum forum to get their opinion on him.

• Like 1