Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

35 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Reminds me of a young troy deeney...seems very strong...might be worth a punt. Would it be better to loan him first.

Why would they loan him. That would leave them a player short and not able to replace him. 

Are brum not in the shite regarding FFP? 

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why would they loan him. That would leave them a player short and not able to replace him. 

Are brum not in the shite regarding FFP? 

No idea sylo tbh...but loaning him as opposed to chucking 12 million away might be better...see what he's got to offer

Edited by Collibosher70

1 minute ago, Collibosher70 said:

No idea sylo tbh...but loaning him as opposed to chucking 12 million away might be better...see what he's got to offer

So as I said why would they loan him? They have nothing to gain but lose a good player they need but can't replace. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

He was in and around our Academy a few times for trials and games but never did enough so he went to Ilkeston

Fair play to the lad as he has obviously got his head down and proved some of the doubters wrong

Ex Oadby Town manager Lee Harriman recommended him to our academy when he was only 16 and to Mike Whitlow at Burton Albion. But neither of them fancied him at the the time. As you say he has worked hard since and proved himself to be a more than capable striker in the Championship.

Looks very good to me. I like how physical he is, seems to be able to push around championship defenders. Really like his ability to get a step on defenders with a quick burst of pace. That quality is something that Nacho has zero ability at. He also   Has pretty good close control and ability to change direction in contested spaces and a very short backswing on his shots. At 22 and clearly improving year on year and possibly available for 12m and a local lad, very little downside here. Think he would be perfect for us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I would have my dog ahead of Nacho in the pecking order.

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

We would seriously be better off with 10 men than playing nacho

Come on, enough of that please. 

On topic: Che Adams looks like he ticks all the boxes as a back up to Vardy who could grow into that role. Get him and a target man to provide us another option up front and I'd be happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Come on, enough of that please. 

On topic: Che Adams looks like he ticks all the boxes as a back up to Vardy who could grow into that role. Get him and a target man to provide us another option up front and I'd be happy.

Cloud fox turning up and raining on our parade.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So, attacking midfielder or forward?

Where do peeps see him fitting in to the 4231 formation?

Every appearance this season for Birmingham has been as a Striker, so can imagine he will become the understudy to Vardy, chuck him on in the last 20-30 minutes of a match to hassle players rather than Okazaki

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So, attacking midfielder or forward?

Where do peeps see him fitting in to the 4231 formation?

Would prefer 4-3-1-2:

Schmeichel

Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison

Barnes

Vardy, Adams

Allows Maddison to drop deep which he seems to do naturally. Vardy will no longer be isolated with Adams / Barnes around him. 

Against top 6:

Schmeichel

Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy

Maddison

Vardy, Barnes

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Every appearance this season for Birmingham has been as a Striker, so can imagine he will become the understudy to Vardy, chuck him on in the last 20-30 minutes of a match to hassle players rather than Okazaki

Okay, that’s fair enough. It’s just watching his highlights reels his assists and goals in the main come from further back and I wondered about playing him as part of a front two or in JM’s 10 style position in the centre of the 3 in our current 4231....

What we miss at the moment is a conductor of play. A maestro sat in the middle of the park to dictate play and make splitting runs and passes forward. I hope we sign somebody soon who can do this. If we played 4213 and had that somebody in the middle and 3 fluid forwards I do wonder if we would fair more creatively.