Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

59 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

You can say what you want about Puel and I agree he's not doing a good job at the moment but he's doing an incredibly better job than some of the shite mentioned here. 

Rafa Benítez? Give me strength... 

How do you know he is doing a better job when you are judging them on completely different environments?

We have a much better squad than Newcastle and we have finances to back aswel.

I'm not sure the answer is Benitez but I know for a fine fact he would be better than Puel.

Puel is not a good manager and only had maybe 1 or 2 bits of success. He's achevied nothing in his last 10 years.

In fact everywhere he has gone he's caused riots with the fans.

So many managers out there who can bleed youth and get results with the team we got.

Wagner would be a option.

Eddie Howe would be great aswel.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

A "champion" manager like Sir Claudio Ranieri with Sir Nigel pearson as his lead assistant and the honorable Craig Shakespeare as #3.

All of those have a much higher win% than Puel.

And that's saying something.

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody who is decent would come to us knowing we have just sacked a manager when we are 8th in the table.

Be careful what you wish for. 

It's obvious why a decent manager would have major reluctance to come to us anyways. We've still got an underlying issues(s) that resulted in previous managers being binned.

Edited by sphericalfox

5 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

and if after a season of him we're not doing great do we sack him too? Get someone else in to "rebuild"? We need to break the cycle of mid season sackings. 

We, as fans, have to accept it's not going to go well all of the time. At the minute it's not great. We're not going anywhere so why can't Puel be the one to get the time to rebuild? 

Every club in the league sacks the manager if things are not going well and while we are not exactly in trouble or fighting relegation a lot of fans expect the team to be doing better or performances to be better and can't see us improving any time soon.. he has had almost 18 months and the same problems are occuring week in week out.

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Every club in the league sacks the manager if things are not going well and while we are not exactly in trouble or fighting relegation a lot of fans expect the team to be doing better or performances to be better and can't see us improving any time soon.. he has had almost 18 months and the same problems are occuring week in week out.

The defence is much improved. One of the best in the league now, and it wasn't when he took over. 

I'm not necessarily "Puel in" or "Puel out" but I do think that changing manager isn't quite as easy as people are making out. 

In terms of our league position, we are fine. I don't think too many of us aimed higher than a target of 7th at the start of the season and we are there or there abouts. So on that front, he's not doing bad. 

The brand of football we are playing, is however, dreadful but would you trade that for a potential drop in position? Playing better football doesn't mean higher in the league and getting a manager that can provide attractive football AND a good league position is not exactly easy. 

When Puel first took charge, my Southampton supporting mate said he would make us a solid mid table side but we would be dreadful to watch, that's pretty much how it's turned out. He offers stability at a time when we are building a training ground and talking about stadium expansion so having a manager that keeps is stable whilst money may not be getting splashed by developing what we already have in the youth ranks may not be the worst thing for a season or two.

If a manager becomes available that can offer stability AND attractive football then I'm sure we will go for it but fact Is, a new manager often wants his own team and players/background team and making such a HUGE transition at a crucial stage of our development as a club may be expensive but more importantly, risky to what Vichai and Tops vision is. 

Saying "Puel out" is one thing but pulling it off sucenfully is another. It might just be worth it to put up with frustrating football for a while. Long term. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not necessarily "Puel in" or "Puel out" but I do think that changing manager isn't quite as easy as people are making out. 

In terms of our league position, we are fine. I don't think too many of us aimed higher than a target of 7th at the start of the season and we are there or there abouts. So on that front, he's not doing bad. 

The brand of football we are playing, is however, dreadful but would you trade that for a potential drop in position? Playing better football doesn't mean higher in the league and getting a manager that can provide attractive football AND a good league position is not exactly easy. 

When Puel first took charge, my Southampton supporting mate said he would make us a solid mid table side but we would be dreadful to watch, that's pretty much how it's turned out. He offers stability at a time when we are building a training ground and talking about stadium expansion so having a manager that keeps is stable whilst money may not be getting splashed by developing what we already have in the youth ranks may not be the worst thing for a season or two.

If a manager becomes available that can offer stability AND attractive football then I'm sure we will go for it but fact Is, a new manager often wants his own team and players/background team and making such a HUGE transition at a crucial stage of our development as a club may be expensive but more importantly, risky to what Vichai and Tops vision is. 

Saying "Puel out" is one thing but pulling it off sucenfully is another. It might just be worth it to put up with frustrating football for a while. Long term. 

My head says you're spot on but my heart says please no more of Puel's dreadful playing style!:(

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

How do you know he is doing a better job when you are judging them on completely different environments?

We have a much better squad than Newcastle and we have finances to back aswel.

I'm not sure the answer is Benitez but I know for a fine fact he would be better than Puel.

Puel is not a good manager and only had maybe 1 or 2 bits of success. He's achevied nothing in his last 10 years.

In fact everywhere he has gone he's caused riots with the fans.

So many managers out there who can bleed youth and get results with the team we got.

Wagner would be a option.

Eddie Howe would be great aswel.

At last, I was,hoping someone omniscient would rock up and confirm something like this...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

My head says you're spot on but my heart says please no more of Puel's dreadful playing style!:(

I get it mate. Watching us at points this year has made me phisically angry but it might just be what we need just now. 

I suspect that if Puel DOES go, we'll probably end up with fat Sam because he offers us the same type of stability. I honestly think that's what the owners want just now because he MUST know that we are dreadful to watch. 

28 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody who is decent would come to us knowing we have just sacked a manager when we are 8th in the table.

Be careful what you wish for. 

Good point fin ......however, managers are also competitive and the opportunity to manage our first team with so many promising  young players will appeal to some ......the sale of maguire will help finance some decent incomings .....

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Good point fin ......however, managers are also competitive and the opportunity to manage our first team with so many promising  young players will appeal to some ......the sale of maguire will help finance some decent incomings .....

It's the other side of the coin that's the drawback at the minute.

My prediction:

We lose three out of the next four, drop to 12th and the hatred for Puel gets so bad to the point where the board eventually sack him due to fan protests. 

It's decided that to appease the fans, the dream team of Pearson, Shakey and Walsh is brought back to rescue us. There's a slight bounce and a few good results, but we soon start to nose dive and finish the season in 16th.

During the summer there's a huge clear-out and we also lose a few of our star players. We make a couple of average signings but start next season as one of the favourites for the drop.

Next season is a disaster and there's no Great Escape this time and we get relegated back to the Championship.

There's no stadium expansion, King Power sell up, we go back to the yo-yo Leicester of old and spend the next 20 years wondering why we sacked Puel when we were a mid-table PL side.

Something like that :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1