Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

On 13/01/2019 at 15:25, Langston said:

Rodgers, in the summer though.

Heaven help us, I think the man has always come over as a numpty. A short time in Scotland with a team that, unless your really really poor, you should win with Celtic year in year out. Some Leicester fans seem to have developed retrospective rose tinted glasses. When he left Liverpool, he was almost untouchable here, no one in the top flight would entertain him as he'd been found out. A quick glance at the Scottish table tells you all you need to know. Gerard, in his first season proper and a tiny budget compared to Celtic has got Rangers on equal points. Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have also closed the gap. Change Puel by all means but surely we could do better than him. Whatever we think of Puel at the moment, his history as a manager stacks up well compared with Rodgers' that doesn't. Celtic fans are starting to see straight through him too.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

Some of the names mentioned on here.......Ye gods!

But I've got it!!

We need a manager with these 10 qualities:

1) Must have won a league title.

2) Must have managed a team in a domestic cup final and a champions league S/F.

3) Never been relegated or in the relegation zone.

4) Replacing aging players with youth.

5) Having those same youth players improve dramatically.

6) Having several of those youth players picked by the national team.

7) Doing all this whilst losing your best ever player.

8) Doing all this whilst having to deal with the tragic loss of a much loved owner.

9) Must have finished in the top 10 of the P/L in each season.

10) Doing all this without having much respect, support or appreciation from fans.

Now if ONLY we could find such a man.

But I doubt there is anyone out there who will come to Leicester City with these qualifications.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Heaven help us, I think the man has always come over as a numpty. A short time in Scotland with a team that, unless your really really poor you should win with year in year out, has given some Leicester fans retrospective rose tinted glasses. When he left, he was almost untouchable here, no one in the top flight would entertain him. A quick glance at the Scottish table tells you all you need to know. Gerard, in his first season proper and a tiny budget has got Rangers on equal points. Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have also closed the gap. Change Puel by all means but surely we could do better than him. Whatever we think of Puel at the moment, his history as a manager stacks up well, Rodgers' doesn't. Celtic fans are starting to see straight through him.

Who would you suggest? 

I think Rodgers is one of the realistic, better choices out there. I would also try tempt Howe but again people will pick holes in him. We need to be realistic who will come here and I also think we need a Manager that players and fans can reconnect with. We need a serious dose of an anti-Puel type personality IMO (IF he does go.) 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Who would you suggest? 

I think Rodgers is one of the realistic, better choices out there. I would also try tempt Howe but again people will pick holes in him. We need to be realistic who will come here and I also think we need a Manager that players and fans can reconnect with. We need a serious dose of an anti-Puel type personality IMO (IF he does go.) 

I sincerely hope the conversations around the boardroom in the club dont sound anything like this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I sincerely hope the conversations around the boardroom in the club dont sound anything like this

Manager suggestions? 

See a lot of people dismissing potential options but not offering up many decent alternatives. 

We all have our preferences. I really wanted Marco Silva before and accept I could be wrong now, judging how poorly he has done with Everton. He may still turn out good for them though! 

Just now, STUHILL said:

Manager suggestions? 

See a lot of people dismissing potential options but not offering up many decent alternatives. 

We all have our preferences. I really wanted Marco Silva before and accept I could be wrong now, judging how poorly he has done with Everton. He may still turn out good for them though! 

To be honest I dont know because there are so many variables and factors we could never be privy to its almost ridiculous to make suggestions that are realistic, unless you support a massive club

Nobody thought Ranieri would be any good....

We might end up with Pardew, which would be awful, except against all odds he could have the season of his life and we could win a cup lol

Its too much of a chaotic ballpit of possibilities....we get who we get and support them is my philosophy.  Its the owners and DOF who are responsible for the ultimate direction of the club and I believe they are ambitious and want the best for us and to be honest agree with most of their decisions

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Manager suggestions? 

When you have a manager in place you don’t need to come up with any counter suggestions. Simply explaining why someone’s suggestion isn’t an improvement on what we have is fine...

• Like 2

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

To be honest I dont know because there are so many variables and factors we could never be privy to its almost ridiculous to make suggestions that are realistic, unless you support a massive club

Nobody thought Ranieri would be any good....

We might end up with Pardew, which would be awful, except against all odds he could have the season of his life and we could win a cup lol

Its too much of a chaotic ballpit of possibilities....we get who we get and support them is my philosophy.  Its the owners and DOF who are responsible for the ultimate direction of the club and I believe they are ambitious and want the best for us and to be honest agree with most of their decisions

I enjoy the speculation to be honest, same as the transfer talk and thinking about possible players that could fit in here, as well as a Manager I think could do a job for us.

I actually liked the Claudio appointment at the time but obviously never thought he would do what he did. 

Rodgers or Howe would be a decent fit for a number of reasons IMO and both attainable which I know some people don't like the idea of i.e why not aim higher or for some exotic/prem untested name like Jardim but I like to keep my Leicester realist hat on when suggesting! 

7 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

When you have a manager in place you don’t need to come up with any counter suggestions. Simply explaining why someone’s suggestion isn’t an improvement on what we have is fine...

That's fair but I didn't see any explanation of why my suggestion wasn't an improvement...Read his reply again and maybe you can enlighten me? :dunno:

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I enjoy the speculation to be honest, same as the transfer talk and thinking about possible players that could fit in here, as well as a Manager I think could do a job for us.

I actually liked the Claudio appointment at the time but obviously never thought he would do what he did. 

Rodgers or Howe would be a decent fit for a number of reasons IMO and both attainable which I know some people don't like the idea of i.e why not aim higher or for some exotic/prem untested name like Jardim but I like to keep my Leicester realist hat on when suggesting! 

Howe has undoubtedly done well at Bournemouth, but we have no idea if he'd do well here.  Claudio showed you cant always predict how well suited to a club a manager would be.  And whoever is our manager will need time

Either way, I think Puel has laid some groundwork that will benefit the club next season and on whether he is here or not, no matter what anyone says

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Howe has undoubtedly done well at Bournemouth, but we have no idea if he'd do well here.  Claudio showed you cant always predict how well suited to a club a manager would be.  And whoever is our manager will need time

Either way, I think Puel has laid some groundwork that will benefit the club next season and on whether he is here or not, no matter what anyone says

Of course if Eddie Howe/Currently Desirable Manager came here, they would of course be given the same time and leeway he has been given at Bournemouth. Our fans patience is legend.

Give it three matches then

image.jpeg.85fa333a9c726cc238a989995ae771c5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After watching the dross on Saturday and then hearing Claude Poo Hells post match interview on MOTD, as the majority are stating, we need him out! 

For my 2 pennies worth:

1. Antonio Conte (he is available) 

2. Brendan Rogers (could be tempted) 

3. Raffa (wants out as Ashley not releasing an Jan window funds) 

4.Cambiosa (has not managed at this level but has coaching badges) 

3 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

After watching the dross on Saturday and then hearing Claude Poo Hells post match interview on MOTD, as the majority are stating, we need him out! 

For my 2 pennies worth:

What a comedy genius you are. Wish I could come up with stuff like this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

For my 2 pennies worth:

A true legend of the game.  X

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

For my 2 pennies worth:

image.jpeg.324ce0bf431267bc5357631436f43ddf.jpeg VS Image result for rafa benitez

Tough call

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

For my 2 pennies worth:

Screenshot.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

For my 2 pennies worth:

This guy.......? 

IMG_9111.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

For my 2 pennies worth:

4.Cambiosa (has not managed at this level but has coaching badges

Cocking Nora...

• Like 1

This would probably get laughed at but someone like Martin Jol on a short term contract until the summer wouldn't be too bad. He'd lift the place with some attacking football and then see where we are at the end of the season. He's probably not a long term solution but I always admired the way he got his teams playing, even at Fulham they played some superb stuff and then it went horrible for him.

To be fair, as a "Puel In" person I can still allow myself the game of imagining who I might want to replace him if he was moved on.  None of the names mentioned on this thread do anything to excite me other than 1.  There is only really one person I would do a little sex wee over if we got him and that would be Simeone.  He would never come but, if there was even the slightest possibility, we should do everything possible.  X

• Like 1