Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My prediction:

We lose three out of the next four, drop to 12th and the hatred for Puel gets so bad to the point where the board eventually sack him due to fan protests. 

It's decided that to appease the fans, the dream team of Pearson, Shakey and Walsh is brought back to rescue us. There's a slight bounce and a few good results, but we soon start to nose dive and finish the season in 16th.

During the summer there's a huge clear-out and we also lose a few of our star players. We make a couple of average signings but start next season as one of the favourites for the drop.

Next season is a disaster and there's no Great Escape this time and we get relegated back to the Championship.

There's no stadium expansion, King Power sell up, we go back to the yo-yo Leicester of old and spend the next 20 years wondering why we sacked Puel when we were a mid-table PL side.

Something like that :whistle:

At least we were alive to witness  a miracle!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john ridley said:

Give it a few weeks ,we won't be 8th then .

We could well be 9th after this weekend's round of results. Then Woles away followed up by L'pool away and manure at home and the Spus away. Still we beat Chelsea & Man City so we easily be 13th or, highly unlikely, back to 7th.

2 hours ago, escape2victory said:

I’d be tempted to go with Chris Wilder in the summer. Him being a Sheff Utd fan, would be difficult to prize him away especially if he gets them promoted. 

He pays a very attacking back 3 with wing backs, where the CB’s actually push on and provide overloads on the wing. Bielsa very impressed by him.

Done a good job at Northampton before too. I suppose lack of top flight experience would be a gamble but any appointment would have its risks

Seems to have a squad favoured on experience over youth though, completely at odds with what we currently have.

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally would look at one of the following:

Christopher Galtier (Lille) 

Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)

Domenico Tedesco (Schalke) - Personal choice

Andre Villas- Boas (Shanghai SIPG)

Leonardo Jardim

Hérve Renard (Morocco)

Roberto Martinez (Belgium)

This is the list I would look at personally, it’s about time we looked outside of the box for once. Seems to have been successful for most clubs now days.

Galtier is the only one who is comparatively good with youth (as compared with puel). I have no idea if he'll come or what kind of manager he is.

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Why? Hes had a free pass at Celtic. The minute that Rangers, Hearts and Kilmarnock get a decent team together you end up with what we have this season which is Celtics worst first half of a season in the last 20 years. 

Most Celtic fans I speak to (which is a lot since I'm from the west coast of scotland) say the same, dreadful football where they don't get the ball forward quick enough or often enough which is exactly why most want Puel out. 

Celtic fans will also tell you that Rodgers hasn't been backed but that's utter nonsense. Since he took over at Celtic, their wage budget has went up by 50%, he's spent about £30 odd million (which is an insane amount up here) and he's signed about 30 players yet, they have very little to show for it in terms of their squad and the league table. All this for a manager who's on more money than some EPL managers. 

Rodgers is a bad call. People are losing the nut about us losing to teams like Cardiff and Southampton but want a manager who can't beat teams like St.mirren and Livingston despite having infinate more recourses than them. It's madness.

Rodgers and Howe would be no better than what we’ve got... 

Edited by lcfceaves

16 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

I’m not Puel out (yet) ffs, just quoting very strange rumours but the usual Eejits put their willy’s down for a second or two and start typing willy enhancing stuff and get carried away, my question is who can we get in to replace Puel if the ‘inevitable‘ happens? 

I can see there being part truth in the rumour, puel was probably on dodgy ground before the accident, and I believe the king has given vichai high status, and up to about a years mourning, so don’t know culturally what that entails for top and family,  will be corrected if wrong, and quite rightly top has his mind elsewhere at present, so not unrealistic to see him not wanting big change until the summer, manager or players.

If I was in top’s position and with everything going on, I would not let a manager I had doubts about spend a fortune in jan, if that is the case, only then if it’s in his plans, sack him in the summer.

I would brief Susan whelan what I want, we are virtually safe, take stock in the summer, and let people grieve, as we didn’t know vichai personally and it was sad, so I imagine there are people who worked with him are really hurting.

Where the rumours fall short is we have already had out goings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

My prediction:

We lose three out of the next four, drop to 12th and the hatred for Puel gets so bad to the point where the board eventually sack him due to fan protests. 

It's decided that to appease the fans, the dream team of Pearson, Shakey and Walsh is brought back to rescue us. There's a slight bounce and a few good results, but we soon start to nose dive and finish the season in 16th.

During the summer there's a huge clear-out and we also lose a few of our star players. We make a couple of average signings but start next season as one of the favourites for the drop.

Next season is a disaster and there's no Great Escape this time and we get relegated back to the Championship.

There's no stadium expansion, King Power sell up, we go back to the yo-yo Leicester of old and spend the next 20 years wondering why we sacked Puel when we were a mid-table PL side.

Something like that :whistle:

I can really see something like Mystic Muzzet's prediction coming to pass.  There certainly doesn't seem to be anyone among us who has the answer to the OP's question.

If we sack Puel there is a real danger that we go backwards.  We are in a transitional phase, we are moving forward with training ground, young players and stadium expansion.  I say we don't rock the boat right now.  Claude is a big, dull, safe pair of hands and although the performances can be painful we need to sit tight, suck it up and try to keep all our toys in the pram.  For now.

I don't think that many of the outers have thought much beyond sacking Puel.  It means another manager's ideas, a new style of play for the player's to get their heads around, players in, players out, back to square one again and a very good chance we end up worse off than we are and then it will be (insert name here) out!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody who is decent would come to us knowing we have just sacked a manager when we are 8th in the table.

Be careful what you wish for. 

Spot on. Ask yourself, if you were a manager (and not a fan of the club) and you saw fans complaining about being 7th (before some top mind posts, I know we're in 8th now, but the whinging was happening while 7th as well) in the top flight with a budget far smaller than the top 6, hounding the previous manager out for getting to as good as it's realistically going to get, would you be interested in that job? I know I wouldn't, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3