Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Cheltenham 2019

On 20/02/2019 at 18:16, Bert said:

If you’ve got a bit of time on your hands then check out Gaultstats.com

Jesus Christ I was exhausted reading the summary of race one on the first day! 

I scrolled down and the depth there is just mental. I need two weeks just to read about day 1! 

Only ones I've liked the look of so far for day 1 are Al Dancer and Ok Corral. Not sure of any of the other races thus far. 

I liked Fusil Raffles too but that's gone now...

8 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Jesus Christ I was exhausted reading the summary of race one on the first day! 

I scrolled down and the depth there is just mental. I need two weeks just to read about day 1! 

Only ones I've liked the look of so far for day 1 are Al Dancer and Ok Corral. Not sure of any of the other races thus far. 

I liked Fusil Raffles too but that's gone now...

I’ve read every race, made notes what seem the most important then keep reading over. I like Al Dancer too but the Betfair Hurdle winner has never won the supreme. It’s very open this year that’s for sure. Get on skybet - money back AS CASH if your horse loses first race every day. I’m going to do it, £20 and if it loses save it for the next day and if I don’t find a winner then just take the £20 back. 

If anyone fancies joining a Cheltenham Tipsters Competition I'll post the FB link. Myself and Ric Flair do it every year. It costs £20 and there is prize money for the top 3. The prizes in 2016 were 1st £480 2nd £200 3rd £120. That was with 40 players. Anyway if you fancy playing here's the link. https://www.facebook.com/events/2037378643228259/?ti=cl

Lucky to live local so I go every year, just Tuesday and Wednesday this year, have done all four in the past but it’s just a bit much - Gold Cup day is ridiculous, having said that if I’m doing well I’ll probably go Thursday too. Had a very profitable year last year so hoping for more of the same but fear Cheltenham karma might be out to get me, best of luck to all going or betting!

On 20/02/2019 at 18:16, Bert said:

If you’ve got a bit of time on your hands then check out Gaultstats.com

Haha, this is great. Going to do some Sunday reading on this.

I'm going on Thursday and in the Club Enclosure for the first time. Can't wait.

5 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Haha, this is great. Going to do some Sunday reading on this.

I'm going on Thursday and in the Club Enclosure for the first time. Can't wait.

You’ll love it. The view looking over the course and beyond is amazing. 

Ive made notes on every race from that website, just waiting for the final decs now to start making decisions. 

What site or resources is the quickest and easiest to use to check these trends? If it says "has won at least 50% of races over hurdles" where on earth do you check that sort of thing quickly? Racing Post site, AtTheRaces site or somewhere else?

On 06/03/2019 at 18:48, Bert said:

You’ll love it. The view looking over the course and beyond is amazing. 

Ive made notes on every race from that website, just waiting for the final decs now to start making decisions. 

Fair play to you, I can't even be arsed to read past the summaries on that website. Too much information for me to take in and make any sense out of, I lack the patience to go through it all. 

I'm so excited for the Festival though, the fact I'm going for the first time this year has only added to the feeling. I've got it on the brain all the time at the moment, all I can think about is what I'm backing in race 1!! 

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

What site or resources is the quickest and easiest to use to check these trends? If it says "has won at least 50% of races over hurdles" where on earth do you check that sort of thing quickly? Racing Post site, AtTheRaces site or somewhere else?

No-one? 

Hopefully the site puts up a shortlist for every race once the declarations are in. 

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No-one? 

Hopefully the site puts up a shortlist for every race once the declarations are in. 

Some of the OLBG forum & blogs are good for this. Gaultstats will update as it gets nearer. Otherwise watch for daily trends and ride the Mullins and Elliot waves when they start to get hot.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 21:42, The Bear said:

No-one? 

It’s tjme consuming but get the racing post app and it shows you in each individual horse. See attached image. 

I’m in a betting group this year where the bloke running it banked £53k last festival. He puts a lot of time and effort into research and gets some good winners and decent EW bets. I’ll post selections in here when available. 

995364E7-93EE-4084-A707-55F74F6CEE87.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s tjme consuming but get the racing post app and it shows you in each individual horse. See attached image. 

I’m in a betting group this year where the bloke running it banked £53k last festival. He puts a lot of time and effort into research and gets some good winners and decent EW bets. I’ll post selections in here when available. 

Thanks, decent app that to be fair. 

Absolutely buzzing for Tuesday, all I can think about at the moment. 

Think I've got my selections in my head, just toying between a few in a couple of races. 

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Many thanks Bert. Just what I was looking for. 

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:08, Head Honcho said:

If anyone fancies joining a Cheltenham Tipsters Competition I'll post the FB link. Myself and Ric Flair do it every year. It costs £20 and there is prize money for the top 3. The prizes in 2016 were 1st £480 2nd £200 3rd £120. That was with 40 players. Anyway if you fancy playing here's the link. https://www.facebook.com/events/2037378643228259/?ti=cl

Yeah I'm in this to. Will no doubt be going for a 33/1 outsider by the Friday!