Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterLuke91

Worst Starting XI

On 04/02/2019 at 20:10, Finnegan said:

collins-john-leicester-city-picture-id66

15066-zoom.jpg

Fulham have a lot to ****ing answer for. 

There's a lot of players on here that I'd forgotten about, but I have literally no recollection of Collins John playing for us. I'd have watched games where he played as well.

Nothing there at all. Memory wiped, like it never happened

On 05/02/2019 at 06:36, 49er said:

Tommy English up front. Mark Venus left back

Good shout. My only memory of Venus was watching us get thrashed at home by Forest. They had one tactic...hoof it to our left back position and let Franz Carr roast him

Ullathorne was more unlucky than he was awful, bloke was forever crocked. But when he was 100% (If he ever was) he was okay so I wouldn’t include him. Like Matt Jones, he showed flashes of being a classy players, however he should have retired when he came to us. Someone mentioned Williams, he was ****ed too, he retired shortly after signing for Watford I believe? 

Seem to remember Elvis Hammond had the same amount of understanding of the offside rule as that cat that ran on the Everton pitch at the weekend. He was either very lazy or very careless or very lazily careless but so many moves broke down from him being offside that we'd be better off with ten men. 

Notice I didn't say "promising moves" - remember the era we're talking about!

There should be mentions for that batch of not fit for purpose players who arrived around the same time, Ball, Johnson (Man City) and Howey who had suffered from excess food, depression and booze issues, after three......open wallet, stand over drain, shake out contents. Felt sorry for them but we needed players and couldn't afford to be a hostel for ex pro's.

I know we had worse in the championship days but in the Premier League Marshall from Norwich would make mistake after mistake, constantly conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and inviting pressure, yet was picked over and over again and did Wise ever have anything approaching a decent game - all I recall are constant fouls and square balls that were easily intercepted, just a year after he'd been playing for England.

Imagine if in his mid thirties Maguire tries to do his usual stepping out of defence with the ball but loses it every time, leading to breakaway goals....well that was Alan Evans.

But have to agree on a couple of common suggestions - Josh Low and Junior "points where he's passing it...ooops how did that get intercepted" Lewis and then some donkey centre forward on loan from Spurs, Barry Crane or something like that, long face, long tongue, long way from being a player or so I reckoned!

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Seem to remember Elvis Hammond had the same amount of understanding of the offside rule as that cat that ran on the Everton pitch at the weekend. He was either very lazy or very careless or very lazily careless but so many moves broke down from him being offside that we'd be better off with ten men. 

There should be mentions for that batch of not fit for purpose players who arrived around the same time, Ball, Johnson (Man City) and Howey who had suffered from excess food, depression and booze issues, after three......open wallet, stand over drain, shake out contents. Felt sorry for them but we needed players and couldn't afford to be a hostel for ex pro's.

I know we had worse in the championship days but in the Premier League Marshall from Norwich would make mistake after mistake, constantly conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and inviting pressure, yet was picked over and over again and did Wise ever have anything approaching a decent game - all I recall are constant fouls and square balls that were easily intercepted, just a year after he'd been playing for England.

Imagine if in his mid thirties Maguire tries to do his usual stepping out of defence with the ball but loses it every time, leading to breakaway goals....well that was Alan Evans.

But have to agree on a couple of common suggestions - Josh Low and Junior "points where he's passing it...ooops how did that get intercepted" Lewis and then some donkey centre forward on loan from Spurs, Barry Crane or something like that, long face, long tongue, long way from being a player or so I reckoned!

I remember that Barry Crane bloke! Absolute crap! I remember him sitting on the bench next to some other reject, (I think his name was Zany Hardy?)

Mark my words, neither will come to anything.:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

Surprised Cort & Ichenacho are making these teams ahead of Mark De Vries.

if ever one signing symbolised the incompetence of a managers entire reign, it was him and Leveins.

Honourable mention to Ryan Smith

Mark de Vries gets a free pass for his man of the match performance knocking Spurs out of the cup in a BBC televised match which was hilarious at the time. Our lineup that day is a who's who of these lists but all get a free pass from me solely on this game as I think our relegation team and some of the money Sven wasted were much worse:

Douglas, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Hamill (Hammond 35), Smith (Kisnorbo 90), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hughes, de Vries.
Subs Not Used: Henderson, Hume, Dublin.

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Oh no . I’m trying to think of the spurs loanee ( pretty sure not “Barry Crane”) but I do vaguely recall someone lanky and useless 

how have Platnauer, Mohan and Spearing all dodged the bullet - utter tripe 

On 04/02/2019 at 20:29, LinekersApples said:

Douglas in goal

Jimmy Willis as a one man defence

Puel just behind 6 other defensive midfielders

De Vries & Akinbiyi dicking around up front 

“The magnificent Willis” not my words but the words of Alan Parry after the fantastic silence of the rams play off final! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

“The magnificent Willis” not my words but the words of Alan Parry after the fantastic silence of the rams play off final! 

Yes, much maligned but was a 90s example of the scapegoating we still inflict on some. He also dealt with Klinsmann in the epic 3-1 win in 1994. 

• Like 1

Who I can remember watching, I would have seen the likes of Sylla, Cort and Tiatto but I can't remember them at all.

Ricardo

Lamey  - Neilson wasn't as bad as him

Bamba

Moreno

Mills - Robbed of £5m in 2011 for a L1 league one centre back :S

McGivern - I think the worst player I've ever seen play for us

Abe

Johnson

Lingard - Was shite for us

Bednar

Hayles

Edited by Stadt