Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

To even have that phrase and thought in her head Angela Smith shouldn't be a representative in the house of commons. 

I must admit I was quite happy with people splitting from Labour as I hoped that it may actually get Labour to re-think their ever gaining momentum to oblivion. I'd quite like to see a more centrist left party with the extremist forming a party of their own. I'm truly saddened by the state of Labour. But within minutes of a very small hope being ignited this woman has really scuppered the whole deal. The other 6 must feel betrayed and seriously want to distance themselves from her.

How can any human being be described as a "funny tinge" ? Really? It beggars belief. Politics truly is in a mess.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

To even have that phrase and thought in her head Angela Smith shouldn't be a representative in the house of commons. 

I must admit I was quite happy with people splitting from Labour as I hoped that it may actually get Labour to re-think their ever gaining momentum to oblivion. I'd quite like to see a more centrist left party with the extremist forming a party of their own. I'm truly saddened by the state of Labour. But within minutes of a very small hope being ignited this woman has really scuppered the whole deal. The other 6 must feel betrayed and seriously want to distance themselves from her.

How can any human being be described as a "funny tinge" ? Really? It beggars belief. Politics truly is in a mess.

UK politics is a parody of itself.  Turmoil with Brexit and this woman comes along to save the day and is arrogant enough to be so careless with words on tv that she'll say 'funny tinge'.

Its clear this is no moral standpoint with these people.  Opportunists the lot of 'em. 

On the other hand, May is looking relatively better and better with every time some othe c*** in the game opens their mouth.   Wish they'd just let her push a deal through and be done with it

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

16 hours ago, MattP said:

On the same day a person like Berger feels she has to leave Labour, Derek Hatton appears to be reinstated. 

Galloway next? 

He was on the Politics Live show at lunchtime, and still spouting his extreme left views. His final words were "The Tories think the poor are too rich, and the rich are too poor."

What a complete and utter vanker. It says all I need to know about Labour, letting this trout sniffer re- join the party.

5 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

He was on the Politics Live show at lunchtime, and still spouting his extreme left views. His final words were "The Tories think the poor are too rich, and the rich are too poor."

What a complete and utter vanker. It says all I need to know about Labour, letting this trout sniffer re- join the party.

Sounds about right to me

21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Would never have imagined the libs becoming a minority party a decade ago. The state of uk polarisation is appalling.

Liberalism is just dying on its arse now everywhere, Conservatism won't be far behind. We are heading back to patriotic nationalism v hard leftism by the looks of it.

The real problem with Chukka Umanna and his gang are they are out of touch on almost all the issues, economically they are from the right and publicly people now seem to be heading to the left on that, then they are pro immigration, anti nationalism when the public are also heading in the opposite direction on that.

I don't really see how it can work now for them or the Lib Dems outside of middle class university type towns.

9 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

To be fair they'll need someone to ring the taxis again to give out the redundancy notices if McDonnell gets the keys to number 11.

No better person than Derek Hatton given he's done it before.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Liberalism is just dying on its arse now everywhere, Conservatism won't be far behind. We are heading back to patriotic nationalism v hard leftism by the looks of it.

The real problem with Chukka Umanna and his gang are they are out of touch on almost all the issues, economically they are from the right and publicly people now seem to be heading to the left on that, then they are pro immigration, anti nationalism when the public are also heading in the opposite direction on that.

I don't really see how it can work now for them or the Lib Dems outside of middle class university type towns.

This is sadly possible. May our grandchildren forgive us.

Begum should be brought back to the UK and employed to stand at Heathrow departures to permanently stick two fingers up at the Windrush generation who are being departed. That will teach them for trying to rebuild a country instead of joining a terrorist organisation....

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Begum should be brought back to the UK and employed to stand at Heathrow departures to permanently stick two fingers up at the Windrush generation who are being departed. That will teach them for trying to rebuild a country instead of joining a terrorist organisation....

Nah, we should bring her back in the same capacity as the claims to have fulfilled in Syria - as a housewife for a terrorist. I’m sure Our Jeremy will know someone. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Watched the Documentary about this case on IPlayer yesterday - absolutely harrowing what she subjected him to. Only got 7 years as well. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0700912/abused-by-my-girlfriend

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

So basically has had no new ideas in the last 40 years? Sounds familiar.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The New Communists get 8%?

Seriously, have these people been asleep during history lessons at school?

NCP is referring a "new centrist party" which opposes Brexit. In effect the 7 MPs which left Labour.

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

NCP is referring a "new centrist party" which opposes Brexit. In effect the 7 MPs which left Labour.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They also charge a ****ing fortune for parking.

Thanks for clearing that one up.

Got a bit confused with the other name the group has been given. Maybe they should clarify - mostly in order to avoid the mix-up. lol

How big are the New Communists in the UK these days, anyway?

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Got a bit confused with the other name the group has been given. Maybe they should clarify - mostly in order to avoid the mix-up. lol

More or less non existent. Even the combined votes of all the overtly Communist parties in the UK amount to only a few thousand in the 2017 election (out of 32 million or so).

Edited by Beechey

58 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

52 minutes ago, Beechey said:

More or less non existent. Even the combined votes of all the overtly Communist parties in the UK amount to only a few thousand in the 2017 election (out of 32 million or so).

They didn't stand candidates at the last election as they advised their voters to vote Labour instead, not really surprising given Corbyn has very recent communist parties members like Andrew Murray now in his inner circle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-uk-communist-party-no-candidates-jeremy-corbyn-labour-support-first-1920-a7699761.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/26/jeremy-corbyn-makes-unites-andrew-murray-part-time-consultant

Just imagine the reaction from the BBC if the BNP told people they weren't standing and advised the voters to vote Tory or if we found out Teresa May had an advisor who was part of the EDL a few years ago - I can't help feeling we would have heard a bit more about it.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

They didn't stand candidates at the last election as they advised their voters to vote Labour instead, not really surprising given Corbyn has very recent communist parties members like Andrew Murray now in his inner circle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-uk-communist-party-no-candidates-jeremy-corbyn-labour-support-first-1920-a7699761.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/26/jeremy-corbyn-makes-unites-andrew-murray-part-time-consultant

Just imagine the reaction from the BBC if the BNP told people they weren't standing and advised the voters to vote Tory or if we found out Teresa May had an advisor who was part of the EDL a few years ago - I can't help feeling we would have heard a bit more about it.

It's only logical and natural for the media to sweep stories like this under the rug or pull a blind eye on it - the vast majority of people working in media and journalism are left-leaning by default. That's by no means a personal attack or an attack on their integrity. It's just the way it is - ignorance is bliss, I suppose. I'd embrace the media a tad bit more if they were a bit more honest about their political affiliations or the affiliations of their staff and boardroom members.

Then again, I'm not sure I would want to work in media these days, given all the backlash on redacted stories, redundancies and public skepticism. There's been a lot of goodwill lost, and I have no clue how publicly funded TV stations and the major newspapers can regain that trust in the near future. The US bi-partisanship reaches the UK first, then hits mainland Europe and reaches Switzerland at the very end.