Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

Guest MattP
On 10/05/2019 at 11:29, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody but him and Tommy basically.

Seriously though. 

Who should a leaver vote for?

15 hours ago, Lionator said:

The Conservative or Labour party *puts tin hat on*. The Farage brexit is simply not feasible and the last thing Farage wants is to be in a position where he has to implement his ideas. 

I'd rather cut my own balls off than vote for either of them in these elections - it would be a reward for failure voting Tory and a reward for prestidigitation voting for Labour.

I love the fact Farage is back putting serious pressure on these horrible parties - somebody has to do it.

21 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Not really, it's a bit of an intellectual Mortal Kombat-like encounter, with both parties leaving the field with similar damages, bleeding. lol

Similar damage?

Andrew Neil laid out a genuinely tough question for him regarding Georgia’s abortion laws, as he would for any other guest of any other political affiliation, and Shapiro instantly folds.

Shapiro then calls Andrew Neil, a Thatcherite, ‘left-leaning’.

Neil moves on to Shapiro tweeting that an entire ethnic group “is good at destroying”. Old tweet or not that’s a pretty drastic statement and worth pulling up on any self-respecting Political Commentator. 

You can’t say Neil had a particularly good or bad performance, because Shapiro instantly abandoned any semblance of a coherent argument when he was actually confronted.

Perhaps he’s best sticking to Dave Rubin to massage his ego, clearly not up for the debate he’s always so eager for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Seriously though. 

Who should a leaver vote for?

I'd rather cut my own balls off than vote for either of them in these elections - it would be a reward for failure voting Tory and a reward for prestidigitation voting for Labour.

I love the fact Farage is back putting serious pressure on these horrible parties - somebody has to do it.

White Dee will be upset

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Similar damage?

Andrew Neil laid out a genuinely tough question for him regarding Georgia’s abortion laws, as he would for any other guest of any other political affiliation, and Shapiro instantly folds.

Neil moves on to Shapiro tweeting that an entire ethnic group “is good at destroying”. Old tweet or not that’s a pretty drastic statement and worth pulling up on any self-respecting Political Commentator. 

You can’t say Neil had a particularly good or bad performance, because Shapiro instantly abandoned any semblance of a coherent argument when he was actually confronted.

Perhaps he’s best sticking to Dave Rubin to massage his ego, clearly not up for the debate he’s always so eager for.

He's apologised. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/may/11/us-pundit-ben-shapiro-apologises-bbc-andrew-neil-interview

Good of him to do so, not the first person to be completely brilloed.

Andrew Neil really is brilliant, an artist at what he does. I'd bet they have nothing like him in America  

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

White Dee will be upset

I forgot about her wonder what she's doing now?

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Similar damage?

I think Shapiro held up his own pretty well in the opening four, five minutes and then it quickly went sour.

He should've been better prepared for the interview before accusing Neil of being "on the left". lol

Although you have to say that the US definitions of Left and Right are a bit skewed, maybe to some the Tories are to the left of the Republicans...

As @MattP has stated, Shapiro has apologized for his swift onscreen departure, and that shows some kind of backbone. Wish I could say that about many TV journalists and presenters, too.

I'll give Shapiro some benefit of the doubt, because the age difference and difference in experience clearly shows. Shapiro is already a great voice for the right in the US and he'll only get better. I don't agree with a lot of what he's saying and I find him sometimes close to unbearable with his occasional smugness and his fast-paced talk, but he does a great job with his own show and by educating young people in the US. Great debater, too.

Dave Rubin isn't Andrew Neil and he's never claimed to be just that. Rubin is an interviewer more than anything, a former leftie who's moved to the center in recent years. I agree he goes at times too easy on his guests, but that isn't his job and it's his program. He decides.

Edited by MC Prussian

On 10/05/2019 at 14:55, MC Prussian said:

It's a bit cheap though to wade through old tweets from years ago and then frame the interview as if the interviewee still holds the exact same views today. Too close to ad hominem attacks, to be honest.

Shapiro has apologized from some of the things he's said in the past and he has always been critical of Trump as a person and character.

Also, the BBC panel later described the interview with Shapiro, labelling him "controversial", a "nitwit" and a "fascist enabler". I don't think that's helping the discourse here.

The panel was all on the same side, so where's the debate? Then bringing up and casually brushing over the Benjamin vs. Jess Phillips anti-rape affair, tossing a lot of people in the same category. Questionable rhetoric.

Neil did nothing wrong merely played devil's advocate, Shapiro lost any composure soon as the word "dark ages" come up even before his old statements. I'd say to some degree, it was necessary as I doubt many who watch the daily politics in this country have any idea who this midget was beforehand, you can't make the comments he made about arabs and never expect that to be flagged up again. I do wonder what Shapiro though this interview was going to be, or in fact what it was meant to be. Was it just for plugging his new book or what

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I forgot about her wonder what she's doing now?

Update for you! :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/benefits-street-five-years-on-14116883

Unbelievable all that's changed in those 5 years. Back then....

- LCFC had just clinched promotion under NP, hadn't yet returned to the PL never mind won it or played in CL

- We had a coalition govt; a referendum, never mind Brexit, seemed a distant prospect

- I was still married, daughter in primary school, parents still alive, hadn't had heart surgery & hadn't met my half-brother

:blink:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/benefits-street-five-years-on-14116883

- LCFC had just clinched promotion under NP, hadn't yet returned to the PL never mind won it or played in CL

- We had a coalition govt; a referendum, never mind Brexit, seemed a distant prospect

- I was still married, daughter in primary school, parents still alive, hadn't had heart surgery & hadn't met my half-brother

I'm sure you dated Black Dee

12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Mattp is missing from that article, that's just poor research

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sure you dated Black Dee

I don't remember that. Must have been during my boozing days.

I was keeping bad company, if so. According to the article, she's serving a 7-year stretch for possession of live ammunition and crack cocaine.... :D

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I don't remember that. Must have been during my boozing days.

I was keeping bad company, if so. According to the article, she's serving a 7-year stretch for possession of live ammunition and crack cocaine.... :D

I'm sure you were her pimp

Guest MattP

Only polling but if it's anywhere near close this is outrageous. 

Nigel Farage the Kingmaker.

Hard Brexit with your left wing economics, I'm up for it.

Edited by MattP

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Only polling but if it's anywhere near close this is outrageous. 

Nigel Farage the Kingmaker.

Hard Brexit with your left wing economics, I'm up for it.

Is Chuka ill or something?Genuine question because I haven’t seen him on anything.All i’ve seen is shouty woman shouting at everyone.A tactic that clearly isn’t working because most people clearly don’t like being shouted at.

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Insane, scary stuff

Mental. Don't even have a single domestic policy either.

On those numbers some big hitters gone as well from all sides - Penny Mordant loses Portsmouth, Jonny Mercer would lose Plymouth and Yvette Cooper loses in Pontefract.

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Is Chuka ill or something?Genuine question because I haven’t seen him on anything.All i’ve seen is shouty woman shouting at everyone.A tactic that clearly isn’t working because most people clearly don’t like being shouted at.

For some reason he doesn't even want to be the forefront of anything, didn't fancy the Labour leadership contest and now thrown this over to Allen.

Soubry seems to be the goto public face if them, which is obviously a terrible decision - and if it's a terrible decision you can almost guarantee that's the one Change UK will take.

This is the most depressing statistic:

"The poll reveals 36% are not aware of the Conservative party’s stance, while 38% say the same about Labour.

For those who said they knew, 23% think the Conservatives support a soft Brexit, while 23% think they support a hard Brexit. For the Labour party, 25% think they support remaining in the EU, while 31% think they support a soft Brexit."

Exactly the same as before - people with little or no understanding of the issue making decisions for the rest of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

This is the most depressing statistic:

"The poll reveals 36% are not aware of the Conservative party’s stance, while 38% say the same about Labour.

For those who said they knew, 23% think the Conservatives support a soft Brexit, while 23% think they support a hard Brexit. For the Labour party, 25% think they support remaining in the EU, while 31% think they support a soft Brexit."

Exactly the same as before - people with little or no understanding of the issue making decisions for the rest of us.

It's called a democracy.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's called a democracy.

You can call it what you like.

What it is is a stupidocracy (yes, I've introduced a new word into the English language - it means 'a society governed by people selected by the stupid')