Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

24 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Shapiro gets so rattled so quickly though lol , he's the perfect case for small man syndrome 

It's a bit cheap though to wade through old tweets from years ago and then frame the interview as if the interviewee still holds the exact same views today. Too close to ad hominem attacks, to be honest.

Shapiro has apologized from some of the things he's said in the past and he has always been critical of Trump as a person and character.

Also, the BBC panel later described the interview with Shapiro, labelling him "controversial", a "nitwit" and a "fascist enabler". I don't think that's helping the discourse here.

The panel was all on the same side, so where's the debate? Then bringing up and casually brushing over the Benjamin vs. Jess Phillips anti-rape affair, tossing a lot of people in the same category. Questionable rhetoric.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the bank robbery in Oadby, yesterday:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/updates-police-cordon-santander-oadby-2848190

I think you might have got away with it, mate.

Come on now, Robin Hood, take from the rich and give to the poor and all that....

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

:ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I think you might have got away with it, mate.

Come on now, Robin Hood, take from the rich and give to the poor and all that....

I'm not sure what's more offensive - that you think I'd be dumb enough to rob a bank, or that you think I'm dumb enough to rob a deposit machine before anyone's had a chance to deposit any money in it...

Mind you, looking at how the car is parked through the bank window, I'm pretty sure the missus is involved.

• Haha 4

looking at the image that some of you are getting excited about is making me question my standards. She looks like some old desperate woman with a squint.

Is it simply the exposed flesh that's getting you excited or the dyed blonde hair too?

1 minute ago, FIF said:

looking at the image that some of you are getting excited about is making me question my standards. She looks like some old desperate woman with a squint.

Is it simply the exposed flesh that's getting you excited or the dyed blonde hair too?

Sorry, I don't understand your point?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ousefox said:

How has this got so much traction? As much as do not like Farage, it's such a bloody stupid question.

Seriously?

It exposes his complete lack of knowledge and has him repeating the same unsubstantiated bollox about 'getting great trade deals' that he did before the Referendum. His lies absolutely should be challenged.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

Seriously?

It exposes his complete lack of knowledge and has him repeating the same unsubstantiated bollox about 'getting great trade deals' that he did before the Referendum. His lies absolutely should be challenged.

He asks him to name one country on WTO rules that doesn't have an FTA with another country. That's a stupid and irrelevant question.

Don't get me wrong I think no deal would be disastrous, but we would agree FTAs and we've already agreed several continuity deals.

Edited by ousefox
  • Like 1

Just now, ousefox said:

He asks him to name one country on WTO rules that doesn't have an FTA with another country. That's a stupid and irrelevant question.

Don't get me wrong I think no deal would be disastrous, but we would agree FTAs

Pure unfounded speculation, as before.

Just now, ousefox said:

and we've already agreed several continuity deals.

With the likes of the Faroe Isles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Pure unfounded speculation, as before.

With the likes of the Faroe Isles.

You seriously think we would not agree FTAs? As I said, I personally think that no deal is a terrible option, but you're talking utter nonsense if you think we won't be able agree any new FTAs.

42 minutes ago, ousefox said:

You seriously think we would not agree FTAs? As I said, I personally think that no deal is a terrible option, but you're talking utter nonsense if you think we won't be able agree any new FTAs.

Simply repeating your unfounded beliefs over and over again is not a substitute for a coherent argument.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Simply repeating your unfounded beliefs over and over again is not a substitute for a coherent argument.

We have literally signed 9 continuity deals and are in negotiations with many other countries already. I have no idea what you're talking about. Am I missing something here?

Yes, every single other negotiation could fail but what a bizarre prediction that would be.

9 hours ago, MattP said:

Who should a Leave voter back then later this month?

The Conservative or Labour party *puts tin hat on*. The Farage brexit is simply not feasible and the last thing Farage wants is to be in a position where he has to implement his ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ousefox said:

We have literally signed 9 continuity deals and are in negotiations with many other countries already. I have no idea what you're talking about. Am I missing something here?

Those countries include (besides the Faroe Islands) Pacific Islands, Caribbean Islands and the Palestinian Authority; I'm pretty sure a FTA is in all of their interests.

1 minute ago, ousefox said:

Yes, every single other negotiation could fail but what a bizarre prediction that would be.

We've already had to admit defeat in establishing one with Japan (can't link it, it's behind a FT paywall), Trump is already demanding that we lower standards on various things, Australia and New Zealand have warned we are behind the EU in their list of priorities. It is also pointed out that establishing these deals can take upwards of ten years.

What you - and Farage - are doing is what the Leave campaign did before, making assumptions based on nothing but faith. Simply saying 'it will happen' doesn't make it so.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Those countries include (besides the Faroe Islands) Pacific Islands, Caribbean Islands and the Palestinian Authority; I'm pretty sure a FTA is in all of their interests.

We've already had to admit defeat in establishing one with Japan (can't link it, it's behind a FT paywall), Trump is already demanding that we lower standards on various things, Australia and New Zealand have warned we are behind the EU in their list of priorities. It is also pointed out that establishing these deals can take upwards of ten years.

What you - and Farage - are doing is what the Leave campaign did before, making assumptions based on nothing but faith. Simply saying 'it will happen' doesn't make it so.

Christ alive. I ****ing hate Farage and these FTAs are gonna be shit compared to what we have with the EU at the moment. You're arguing with something I'm not saying ? watch the video and read what I said.

'He asks him to name one country on WTO rules that doesn't have an FTA with another country. That's a stupid and irrelevant question'

All I said was that video shouldn't be gaining so many plaudits because the fella asks a silly question. We will have FTAs - thus the question makes no sense.

We will also sign more FTAs if we leave with no deal. I can't imagine any will be as good as what we have now, but we will.

Right over and out. I should never have brought it up ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dutch court blocks extradition of man to 'inhumane' UK prisons

Judges say suspected drug smuggler at real risk of degrading treatment

Daniel Boffey in Brussels

Fri 10 May 2019 17.41 BSTLast modified on Fri 10 May 2019 20.30 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

A broken window in a cell at HMP Liverpool in September 2017 when inspectors conducted a surprise inspection.

Judges in the Netherlands have refused to send a suspected drug smuggler back to the UK because of concerns that conditions in British jails are inhumane.

An initial application to extradite the unnamed man, who had been on the run for two years, was refused this week due to the reported state of HMP Liverpool where he would probably be sent.

Referring to a national report on the state of prisons in the UK published last July, the court of Amsterdam heard how inspectors had found “some of the most disturbing prison conditions we have ever seen” and “conditions which have no place in an advanced nation in the 21st century”.

A surprise inspection of HMP Liverpool in September 2017 found it was infested with rats and that inmates lived in squalid conditions, afraid of being attacked because of increasing violence. Similar conditions were found in HMP Birmingham and HMP Bedford.

The Dutch judges said on Wednesday they were concerned the man, who was wanted in relation to cocaine and heroin smuggling on Merseyside, was at “real risk of inhuman or degrading treatment” if returned.

The man had been made the subject of a European arrest warrant at Liverpool magistrates court in July 2017.

His lawyer argued that the extradition should be refused based on the prison inspectors’ reports.

“The UK judicial authorities state that British prisons are doing quite well, but the circumstances discussed in the reports are still the same as before, even though more staff may have been appointed,” the lawyer said.

“The situation is still not good and the letter of 24 April 2019 [from the director general of prisons] gives no assurance that the situation is now different from before. Nor is there a guarantee that the person claimed will not be placed in HMP Bedford, HMP Birmingham or HMP Liverpool after surrender.”

Citing article three of the European convention on human rights, the Dutch judges said they did not have sufficient evidence that the man would not be returned to such conditions.

They told the court: “What has been put forward by the UK judicial authorities is too general and insufficient to assume that the detention conditions in the aforementioned prison institutions have significantly improved.

“In these circumstances, the expectation that the situation will improve rapidly is not sufficient to assume that the real risk of inhumane treatment has actually disappeared. The already established real danger of inhuman or degrading treatment in these establishments has not been eliminated.”

The court said it would delay its final decision on the extradition “until it obtains additional information on the basis of which it can rule out the existence of such a hazard”.

A letter written by the director general of prisons to the court insisted that steps had been taken to improve the jails. “We do not accept those conditions anywhere in our prisons amount to inhuman or degrading treatment contrary to article three,” the letter said.

A UK government spokesman said overcrowding was being reduced and that new governors had been appointed at the three jails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1