Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

7 hours ago, MattP said:

It's impossible trying you work out seat figures for a vote share like that - you have 350 odd swing seats that could go either way lol

if it continues down this line as well it will be hard to justify FPTP.

Since becoming vaguely politically aware I've always seen the logic behind FPTP. Decisive Government and all that. I think it's starting to feel less and less appropriate though.

1 hour ago, simFox said:

Why the straw man?

Quite simply we shouldn't be allowing any kind of political agenda or activism in primary schools, it has no place there.

No problem with a book, but it shouldn't be backed by targets, measures and an independent review by the likes of Ofsted.

It's ever so nice of you, that you "don't mind" that it might be worth kids learning that therea are other human beings who love and who feel about themselves differently to how they might.

What better age for children to learn to accept and tolerate the differences in the people around them?

There is no political agenda here, only about 16% of people referred to GIDS transition. Children deserve to know that if they feel differently about themselves, support and understanding is available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bryn said:

Since becoming vaguely politically aware I've always seen the logic behind FPTP. Decisive Government and all that. I think it's starting to feel less and less appropriate though.

It's ever so nice of you, that you "don't mind" that it might be worth kids learning that therea are other human beings who love and who feel about themselves differently to how they might.

What better age for children to learn to accept and tolerate the differences in the people around them?

There is no political agenda here, only about 16% of people referred to GIDS transition. Children deserve to know that if they feel differently about themselves, support and understanding is available.

This, really.

All being considered, I don't get what is actually harmful about trans folks anyway. It's ridiculous that some people hold them up as disruptors of polite society or whatever when they mostly have jobs, relationships and do what the majority of other folks do anyway. Most of it (like the common religious views against homosexuality too come to that) is just a smokescreen for wanting to impress feelings of cultural superiority.

8 hours ago, Bryn said:

No political agenda? It's the result of powerful minority pressure groups lobbying with the government and introducing these measures. The "no outsiders" programme has been developed by a campaigning gay rights assistant head teacher who has previously been awarded a gong for "services to diversity", it's as much about him as it is about the kids.

You need to step away from the content and consider the way it's being applied. It won't be long until some other minority group gets their oar in, with their right to teach your kids. 

Just let it be talked about, publish books and make them available along with Billy blue hat.

14 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Part of the problem is the question: Whose responsibility is sex education? The parents' or the school's?

I'd tend to the former, at max in tandem with school.

The issue here is that you're likely getting a subjective point of view on the parents' side, whilst you can argue that schools don't always remain objective themselves. This depends on the country, the school system, the school, the curriculum and then the teacher. There are numerous instances that muddle the water, so to speak.

I mean, if schools already encourage youngsters to be trans at a very early age, before the body and brain are fully functional, corrupting the parents' role in the process, it makes me a bit uneasy. You could call that indoctrination.

The creation and choice of school books, additional literature and educational videos are rather too often marred by controversy.

It's everyone's problem. It doesn't have to be the parent or the school . It should be both. Sadly parents don't live up to many if not most of their responsibilities regarding the children they brought into the world.

Schools are not encouraging that at all. How stupid even to say it, let alone think it. Are schools encouraging kids to kill jews if they teach about the holocaust? 

14 hours ago, Buce said:

It's when the politicians tell schools to teach kids that homosexuality and abortion are sins that it becomes a problem, and we have politicians who think along those lines.

Who gets to decide what constitutes education if the parents have no say?

rees-mogg_topHat.jpg

That's where you vote and democracy comes in. If you don't like your government's decisions over throw them. If you're in the minority move out. And as I said above, parents and community can also give their point of view.

It's not so long ago that the government were saying that homosexuality was wrong. We've managed to evolve past that narrow-mindedness. 

13 hours ago, simFox said:

Why the straw man?

Quite simply we shouldn't be allowing any kind of political agenda or activism in primary schools, it has no place there.

No problem with a book, but it shouldn't be backed by targets, measures and an independent review by the likes of Ofsted.

You are not that naive.

You are clearly a right winger from your views expressed on here and don't seem to have a problem with schools educating "positively" about market forces or businesses. You only seem to worry about more liberal views.

Education should be about life and the society you live in - which is a multi-cultural world wide society. Separating School from everything else is firstly impossible and secondly dangerous. The French have separated Education from Religion. It hasn't helped and it causes misunderstanding and problems. Pretty sure you like the primary schools having their christmas parties and even perhaps a nativity play at school. Here the Christmas holidays are even expalined at school.

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Gazza’s had a relapse and some cvnt shared a video of him asking for crack, now it’s trending on twitter. Depressing. 

Gazza is the depressing one. Sure it's sad he has this weakness but negative media is simply the other side of the positive media that he and his family benefitted from and used  so much in the past.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Here's an embed of the video for anyone too lazy to click

Yeah, but it still seems like a lot of hassle, man. 

It’s much easier to just listen to that guy down the pub. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

When did it change so that conjecture supported my deception and nonsense became accepted as fact for remainers

Probably when a decision based on lies and jingoism was made by Leavers.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

When did it change so that conjecture supported my deception and nonsense became accepted as fact for remainers

When did a little bit of conjecture invalidate all surrounding facts and evidence for leavers?

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

There are some odd noises coming out of the most extreme elememts of the trans activist movement.  Bit of scepticism of these books teaching kids that chickens can give birth to crocodiles isnt unhealthy imo.

Progressivism for its own sake is  not necessarily good.

Strictly speaking, birds don't give birth. The young do it themselves by breaking open their eggs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

That's where you vote and democracy comes in. If you don't like your government's decisions over throw them. If you're in the minority move out. 

That’s either incredibly naive or disingenuous, I can’t decide which. We have a fixed-term parliament of five years - your kid is already through primary school in that time. And there are myriad reasons why most people can’t just ‘move out’ - even more so when we lose freedom of movement - which a moment’s thought would have made clear to you. 

Edited by Buce

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That's an excellent short film. My feeling after seeing it is that there are many who remember what happened to Greece and their treatment under the EU. We have seen the Evil Rich maintain their extreme wealth in spite of the break down of the world financial system in 2007. Our governments back up the Evil Rich while everyone else gets austerity and cuts.

I can understand the mistrust in supposed authority. A large share of our people feel like their stuck in a box with no way out. So it makes sense to claw and do anything that allows us to escape. It doesn't have to make sense. And why would we trust anyone when all sides undermine us. The Evil Rich and our elected and unelected leaders all helped to create where we are now.

When I look at the situation in the UK and the USA I see the exact same problem. No one trusts government or leadership to look out for them.

For me its Washington DC/New York City. For you Brussels/London. Remain /Leave whatever If we don't start caring for ALL of our citizens its going to fall apart and not just at the voting booth.

Edited by SO1
format

2 hours ago, Buce said:

That’s either incredibly naive or disingenuous, I can’t decide which. We have a fixed-term parliament of five years - your kid is already through primary school in that time. And there are myriad reasons why most people can’t just ‘move out’ - even more so when we lose freedom of movement - which a moment’s thought would have made clear to you. 

Come on Buce.

You are really stretching a point. You are the one arguing that the government may make the education system indoctrinate our children against our wishes - therefore against whatever policy the people voted for. furthermore that the teachers will do it and the kids will accept it. If you can suggest that much then is it really naive or disingenuous for me to suggest that you get on the streets, manifest and overthrow your government? The point  about moving out is that if you are clearly in the minority where the people vote for this demon government and are not willing to demonstrate you are clearly living in the wrong country and should move out. It's not really as hard as you think. Or would you put a few pennies/belongings above your Children's welfare?

35 minutes ago, FIF said:

Come on Buce.

You are really stretching a point. You are the one arguing that the government may make the education system indoctrinate our children against our wishes - therefore against whatever policy the people voted for.

No, mate, not our wishes but mine and others who may not have voted for that; just like millions of us didn't vote for Brexit or austerity.

Under our system of government, it's commonplace for the majority to be governed by the wishes of the minority; the last Tory government, for example, was elected by something like 23% of the electorate.

furthermore that the teachers will do it and the kids will accept it. If you can suggest that much then is it really naive or disingenuous for me to suggest that you get on the streets, manifest and overthrow your government?

This the UK, FIF, not France.

The point  about moving out is that if you are clearly in the minority where the people vote for this demon government and are not willing to demonstrate you are clearly living in the wrong country and should move out. It's not really as hard as you think. Or would you put a few pennies/belongings above your Children's welfare?

For millions of people lacking in qualifications or with a criminal record, it is.

On a personal level, my missus has family ties that would prevent it.

Guest MattP
7 hours ago, bovril said:

You have to hand it to Galloway, every day he finds new ways to be an utter ****. 

He's clearly very desperate to get back into the Labour party.