Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

35 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not massively thrilled by Umunna joining the party though there are potential upsides. It feels likes announcing a football manager who's just been sacked twice in 6 months. 

If politicans were football managers, you could be onto something....

Theresa May would be David Moyes, a steady but unspectacular politican and an apparent natural successor at the top only to find out she was out of her depth and not backed at all by those in the stands.

14 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Hilarious and depressing at the same time.

It’s neither of those things really.  If you dig over anyone’s history closely, including bugging their phones ffs you would find examples of them saying stupid things.  His point that he was humouring his friend on a call is rather supported by said journalist not getting a beating isn’t it?

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not massively thrilled by Umunna joining the party though there are potential upsides. It feels likes announcing a football manager who's just been sacked twice in 6 months. 

lol

IMG_20190614_125213.jpg

3 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

......a manager who talks a really good game, but is revealed to be utterly incompetent once he's given some serious responsibility (such as launching a new party)....you've just appointed Tim Sherwood. :D

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

......a manager who talks a really good game, but is revealed to be utterly incompetent once he's given some serious responsibility (such as launching a new party)....you've just appointed Tim Sherwood. :D

Sherwood doesn't talk a good game. Chuka is more of a Gary Neville.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Right decision though. 

C4's political reporting these days is left wing/remain activism disguised as news (hardly surprising when Ian Katz is editor and John "fcuk the Tories" Snow is the lead presenter - the whole thing would be a hatchet job on him as the Brexiteer candidate.

The way they went after the Brexit party last month was ludicrous and this will be a follow on from that.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Right decision though. 

C4's political reporting these days is left wing/remain activism disguised as news (hardly surprising when Ian Katz is editor and John "fcuk the Tories" Snow is the lead presenter - the whole thing would be a hatchet job on him as the Brexiteer candidate.

The way they went after the Brexit party last month was ludicrous and this will be a follow on from that.

Surely Raab is even more hard Brexit? 

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Surely Raab is even more hard Brexit? 

Probably - but the others are just desperate now. They know they need Boris to say something ridiculous to stop him.

Although I don't even think it would make a difference, from the conversations I'm having people don't even care what he says or does - they've decided they are going to vote for him and that's it.

It's like Corbyn and Labour members just a couple of years later.

15 hours ago, MattP said:

Probably - but the others are just desperate now. They know they need Boris to say something ridiculous to stop him.

Although I don't even think it would make a difference, from the conversations I'm having people don't even care what he says or does - they've decided they are going to vote for him and that's it.

It's like Corbyn and Labour members just a couple of years later.

It's like a bad dream.

Piccanninnies. Watermelon smiles. Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts. If you can't turn the clock back to 1904 what's the point of being a Conservative? Letterboxes. Women go to university ... (because) ... they've got to find a man to marry.

One gaffe follows another, with such asinine stupidity that my conclusion is inescapable, he really believes a lot of what he says.

What else can you expect from a man who gleefully burnt a £20 note in the face of a homeless person as the initiation ceremony for joining his university club?

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

It's like a bad dream.

Piccanninnies. Watermelon smiles. Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts. If you can't turn the clock back to 1904 what's the point of being a Conservative? Letterboxes. Women go to university ... (because) ... they've got to find a man to marry.

One gaffe follows another, with such asinine stupidity that my conclusion is inescapable, he really believes a lot of what he says.

What else can you expect from a man who gleefully burnt a £20 note in the face of a homeless person as the initiation ceremony for joining his university club?

Yep.

Problem is he's still a better option than the leader of the opposition. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Yep.

Problem is he's still a better option than the leader of the opposition. 

Sadly, Corbyn is the worst leader of the Labour Party since George Lansbury in the 1930s, but nothing would ever induce me to offer any support to the Tories.

Someone on another thread started comparing football managers with politicians. Corbyn would be worse than Holloway, Allen, Taylor or McLintock.

Perhaps Nigel, who needs a job, could be persuaded to be a Labour politician.

A lengthy rebuilding job required, similar to picking up City from the depths of League 1.

No chance of any stupid statements in front of the press and media, because he hates them.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, The Fox Covert said:

Sadly, Corbyn is the worst leader of the Labour Party since George Lansbury in the 1930s, but nothing would ever induce me to offer any support to the Tories.

Someone on another thread started comparing football managers with politicians. Corbyn would be worse than Holloway, Allen, Taylor or McLintock.

Perhaps Nigel, who needs a job, could be persuaded to be a Labour politician.

A lengthy rebuilding job required, similar to picking up City from the depths of League 1.

No chance of any stupid statements in front of the press and media, because he hates them.

I'm not too clued up on Lansbury so can't really comment on him.

I don't think it matters who Labour had available at the moment, a combination of Attlee and Blair would still lose a vote to the magic Grandpa in a leadership contest. If his ambivalence over Brexit doesn't turn a massive pro-remain membership against him nothing will.

They've allowed a cult to take over and I have no idea how they are going to get of them.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I'm not too clued up on Lansbury so can't really comment on him.

I don't think it matters who Labour had available at the moment, a combination of Attlee and Blair would still lose a vote to the magic Grandpa in a leadership contest. If his ambivalence over Brexit doesn't turn a massive pro-remain membership against him nothing will.

They've allowed a cult to take over and I have no idea how they are going to get of them.

I wouldn't count on that.

I know of a lot of people whose support for him is wavering over Brexit.

• Like 1

I know the yougov polls change wildly.

However, I do think this one is particularly interesting, as it's the first time in my entire life, I can ever remember general election polls having neither Labour or the Conservatives in the top 2.

I can't think of another time, where there's a real possibility neither party would even get 20% of the vote, were an election to happen tomorrow.

Voting intention 9-10 June 2019-01.png

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I know the yougov polls change wildly.

However, I do think this one is particularly interesting, as it's the first time in my entire life, I can ever remember general election polls having neither Labour or the Conservatives in the top 2.

Voting intention 9-10 June 2019-01.png

I suspect it's the first one in anyone's life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

Hunt wanting to get his name in the papers to boost his chances against Boris, then.

Don't think it's actually a bad thing to be sure this isn't a stitch-up before sending in the heavy mob for another fine Middle Eastern holiday, especially given the captain of the tanker seems to be at odds with US intel on the matter?

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

Hunt wanting to get his name in the papers to boost his chances against Boris, then.

Don't think it's actually a bad thing to be sure this isn't a stitch-up before sending in the heavy mob for another fine Middle Eastern holiday, especially given the captain of the tanker seems to be at odds with US intel on the matter?

I know its fashionable (and I do appreciate skepticism) to just doubt intel 'cos Iraq' and it would not be beyond belief that the actual intel has been twisted but Corbyn's response is pathetic. For the Foreign Secretary to say its 'almost certain' I'd imagine the five eyes have some pretty good info. 

Now Emily Thornberry's response that it seems likely Iran but the US has been provocative might be a better line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

I know its fashionable (and I do appreciate skepticism) to just doubt intel 'cos Iraq' and it would not be beyond belief that the actual intel has been twisted but Corbyn's response is pathetic. For the Foreign Secretary to say its 'almost certain' I'd imagine the five eyes have some pretty good info. 

Now Emily Thornberry's response that it seems likely Iran but the US has been provocative might be a better line. 

Honestly, it's the captains testimony that puts doubt in it for me on this one. If there's broad agreement among eyewitnesses, then fair enough, but right now there doesn't seem to be.

I've no doubt the intel community work bloody hard and I've no doubt the Iranians would want to do something to stick their middle finger up at the US and UK and perhaps a more conciliatory tone might have been called for rather than basically calling the aforementioned intel communities liars...but it does seem a bit off due to that one factor and war is a serious business some people are happy to enter into lightly because it's good for their reputation, good for business and they know they're not the ones that are going to be shot at.

• Like 1