Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

2 hours ago, MattP said:

It's not right, just because you vote for Boris doesn't mean you hate people of a different race, just means you think the Tories are best placed to run the country from the choices avaliable. 

Just like 40% of the population voting Labour last time doesn't mean 40% of the population is antisemitic. 

I was referring to the leadership contest, so you could make reference to those whom voted in Corbyn for that I guess. Many people would vote Labour, Tories, Democrats or Republicans regardless of the leader, whether it be entrenched in their upbringing/family or they just believe in the party moving forwards - I get that. 

Choosing him over the other competent (allegedly:ph34r:) candidates is a whole different issue. 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

A lot of votes for Boris will surely be based on his Brexit stance and nothing else.To me he seems like one of the most in favour of no deal.

I don't see it as being in favour of a 'no deal' I'm sure everyone would prefer a decent deal. Hasn't he said we need to leave the EU in October if a deal can't be agreed, following the current extension, you know  the extension which was supposed to give us time to 'sort things out' in Parliament. Fact is as long as MP'S have an hole in their arse they will not be able to agree to the current withdrawal agreement. The EU have categorically stated its not up for any renegotiation so the impasse rolls on and on and we get nowhere. The Tories are terrified of not delivering Brexit with Farage breathing down their neck, I would also include Labour but fcuk knows what their stance is as Corbyn and Thornberry/ Starmer have polar opposite views to EU membership, so something eventually has to give to break the deadlock, and if the EU don't budge on the WA then he will not be asking for another extension and by default we will leave the EU on the 31st October.

Former Labour and Change UK MP Chuka Umunna is to join the Lib Dems.

The Streatham MP told the Times he had been "wrong" to think "millions of politically homeless people... wanted a new option on the ballot paper".

"I also think I vastly underestimated the importance of having an infrastructure and existing relationships with voters," he added.

He was one of six Change UK MPs to quit last week, after it gained only 3.4% of the vote in the European elections.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Umunna is a proper cretin aint he

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolutely embarrassing.

24 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Umunna is a proper cretin aint he

I actually think that is a good move for him and also for the Lib Dems who have

a shortage of recognisable MPs.

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Maybe it's possible to laugh about it if you're in Australia. You haven't got a spare shed that I could move into, have you, Oz?

We have a right wing religious nutjob that just won the "unwinnable" election. 

You are welcome.. but........

Image result for scomo thumbs

Guest MattP
8 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I actually think that is a good move for him and also for the Lib Dems who have

a shortage of recognisable MPs.

I think it's risk they don't need to take.

These people are hypocrites and have looked completely incompetent since going it alone.

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Former Labour and Change UK MP Chuka Umunna is to join the Lib Dems.

The Streatham MP told the Times he had been "wrong" to think "millions of politically homeless people... wanted a new option on the ballot paper".

"I also think I vastly underestimated the importance of having an infrastructure and existing relationships with voters," he added.

He was one of six Change UK MPs to quit last week, after it gained only 3.4% of the vote in the European elections.

I think it's a good move and this is what they should have done in the first place. Tories  Labour will take jabs at him but it took courage to leave the party in power because you disagreed with what they were doing to the country. I understand the new party bit but they weren't very clear with that. joining like minded individuals is what they should do.

Sticking with a party that doesn't reflect your views is idiotic, I'd prefer everyone was independent and fluid in their alliances but moving parties is not a problem in my thinking.

Edited by Guest
Tories/Labour/shambles - they are all the same.

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Maybe it's possible to laugh about it if you're in Australia. You haven't got a spare shed that I could move into, have you, Oz?

Buy Boris. A Man-cave..tow it out sea &

Sink I t...not forgetting to invite Corbyn,and Grove, to look at the interior Design..

Then use Hunt as the shell/Salvo.....

simples!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think it's a good move and this is what they should have done in the first place. Tories will take jabs at him but it took courage to leave the party in power because you disagreed with what they were doing to the country. I understand the new party bit but they weren't very clear with that. joining like minded individuals is what they should do.

Sticking with a party that doesn't reflect your views is idiotic, I'd prefer everyone was independent and fluid in their alliances but moving parties is not a problem in my thinking.

Umanna left Labour, not the Tories.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Umanna left Labour, not the Tories.

Oh yeah.

Exactly the same post but with the parties changed. Labour are as ridiculous as the Tories at the moment. 

We can all ? at Boris.  He's popular because the next prime minister in charge will ultimately fail and in a short period of time.  No better than Boris to become the next scapegoat.  That's why he's popular with MPs.  They won't say that because most of them just tell you what you want to hear, but that's what they think.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But seriously though, the blokes been in 3 political parties this year - it's ludicrous that the voters of Streatham have no influence over this and he can just mince about until 2022. What's it going to be next month? The Chuka Umunna Party?

Is it any more ludicrous than the party in power changing leaders? 

He's looking to align himself with a party that reflects his views. Is that worse than a party trying to align it's views with a leader? The tories will probably have to change thier world views every few days if Boris takes over.

"The character and personality that people can relate to" What people can really relate to BJ's character and personality.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

We have a right wing religious nutjob that just won the "unwinnable" election. 

You are welcome.. but........

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

Right, I'm saving up for a place on the Virgin Galactic space shuttle.....so long as Branson isn't on my flight.

• Like 1