Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

I’m actually looking forward to all the liberal remainer types getting all sniffy when Mr Putin wins his next undemocratic election.Or the demand by the same liberal remainer types for the west to over -throw yet another undemocratic dictator because their not democratic enough ?

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

I’m actually looking forward to all the liberal remainer types getting all sniffy when Mr Putin wins his next undemocratic election.Or the demand by the same liberal remainer types for the west to over -throw yet another undemocratic dictator because their not democratic enough ?

A democratic Russia would be interesting

Autocrats are autocrats and there are a lot of them about right now - Russia, China, Brazil, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, North Korea....the list goes on.

I can only speak for myself here, but I'm pretty damn lefty and I'd rather see less of them all - not only because they're brutal (though that of course is hardly ideal)...but more importantly, because they often don't look either ahead or widely enough (such autocrats often are nationalists or adopt nationalist policies for populist purposes) and think that competition or Might Makes Right is the only metric of the strength of a nation.

Look how well such ideas worked out for so many different animals in the past.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

B9E81E40-D721-4F59-87FF-5E04D28C9F76.thumb.jpeg.e75ed4d3f3d340b2ab28573101633700.jpegCB390CE1-4E8F-42A2-8D1D-02580FC568F0.thumb.jpeg.b366dfdcedb5cb6750f88afc5abe3b10.jpeg

It’s now surpassed the number of people who voted for UKIP in 2015, which resulted in 1 MP. 

But Theresa May rejected the message of the petition, when a No 10 spokeswoman said on Thursday evening that she worried that cancelling Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”

As if !!!!

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

But Theresa May rejected the message of the petition, when a No 10 spokeswoman said on Thursday evening that she worried that cancelling Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”

As if !!!!

I thought all debate on this wasnt allowed - there is no good answer...... never has been and never will be ....people have their position and no one can categorically tell them they are wrong ..... anyone that says different is ‘categorically wrong’! 

Fwiw, as someone who voted to remain, I am more concerned with the future of our democracy than anything else ....... a place where electoral turn out drops below 50% in general elections is prone to the ‘respectable rise’ of extremism. 

I think debate about about this aspect of the future would be something we could manage without all the nonsense that goes with it. Debate about brexit itself is certainly not! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Just keep spending thousands on your palace Mr Macron while your citizens work their asses off and run riot.If you want to look into the future at where the EU wants to take us,it’s this wazzock and everything he represents.His own people hate him.Why would we listen to this deluded clown??

Where are you getting your information from Heathrow? 

Point 1. The French don't work their asses off

Point 2. Extremist, Anarchists and trouble makers are running riot.

Point 3. Macron is one of the moderate, intelligent, peaceful politicians in France.

Point 4. His own people don't hate him - well no more than most countries "hate" their leader.

Point 5. Listen to him because he is expressing a thought out, intelligent opinion which may help you to question where you want to go.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Point 3. Macron is one of the moderate, intelligent, peaceful politicians in France.

Point 4. His own people don't hate him - well no more than most countries "hate" their leader.

Point 5. Listen to him because he is expressing a thought out, intelligent opinion which may help you to question where you want to go.

Euro politicians are not speaking to citizens of the uk when they make comments ..... there is no point in analysing or taking offence .... they aren’t speaking to you! (Well they are to FIF)

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Where are you getting your information from, FIF? It's not like you live in France or anything...

Oh, wait...

• Thanks 1

Can't some of Brexiteers admit defeat on the current situation?..

How it's folded in recent times:

• Brexit is definitely happening - "it'll change the UK for good, no troubles at all; staying in the EU is pointless and has been helped the country."
  • "Still confident that Brexit will happen, no other way about it; the country will be stronger for it - the remainers know it in themselves but won't admit It."
  • Government tries for weeks/months in order to discuss a deal to get out of the EU, (but are failing quite unsurprisingly).
  • People opting to vote Brexit has caused chaos within Westminster at,  and it's starting to feel embarrassing for Theresa May et al in order to try to push a Brexit deal through - because those who voted hadn't/still haven't realised how complicated a process in leaving the EU is in the first place.. 
  • The current squabble continues..

51dlAh-+hPL.jpg

14 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I see Farage has once again crawled out from underneath the woodwork this afternoon.  He's brilliant at telling a good story, brilliant, not that any of it is true, but nonetheless. people believe it.

What story did he tell?

34 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What story did he tell?

Don't know about stories, but seems like he's back in the political leadership game: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47668067

"Nigel Farage is returning to frontline politics in the UK as leader of the newly established Brexit Party.

The ex-UKIP leader is taking over from Catherine Blaiklock, who quit over what he said were "horrible and intolerant" comments on Twitter about Islam. Mr Farage said the party was currently a "virtual" entity but would mobilise at short notice if the UK ended up taking part in European elections"

I don't share his views, obviously, but am quite happy if he ends up back in electoral politics. His new Brexit Party will doubtless take some Labour votes, but probably more Tory votes - and should marginalise UKIP, a positive development given Batten's shift to overtly Islamophobic politics and alliances with Tommy Robinson.

I'd been wondering what was happening with the Brexit Party. Had heard nothing for weeks until this Blaiklock woman resigned in disgrace. If the UK does end up taking part in the Euro elections - or calling an early general election - with Brexit still in the balance, I could imagine the Brexit Party picking up quite a few votes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I see Farage has once again crawled out from underneath the woodwork this afternoon.  He's brilliant at telling a good story, brilliant, not that any of it is true, but nonetheless. people believe it.

Rightly or wrongly I see no difference to what you are describing to any other politician.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Well it’s certainly not from the main streams.There’s hardly a word said about him since Xmas.In fact most people wouldn’t know about the recent spat with Italy.Its page 15 news.

(Not that many would care to be fair)

As for the rioting.Its not a good look,whoever’s behind it.He will send his bombers to wherever Trump tells him to.He’s peaceful though?

His vision of the EU isn’t for me thanks.If he does well in the Euro elections I promise I will eat humble pie.I’ll even give you a 1 goal lead aswell ? to factor in the usual kicking the ruling party gets in this vote.Im actually surprised France isn’t glad to be shot of us as we’ve always been a pain in the ass.

You know what I'm thinking when I watch these videos?

People clinging onto a greater belief, seeking group therapy, feeling strong in masses.

It used to be the Church, now it's Europe/the EU.

#groupthink

Edited by MC Prussian