Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have a horrid feeling Wagner would be a big mistake

Possibly so. But I thought Rudkin favoured him a while ago. I just wonder if it was a pre arranged take a break and there’s a job here when you’re ready.....

As mentioned before I'd like Lampard or Arteta but I think it'll be Wagner, we wanted him before so I've heard and he's available and will be eager to get back in. I think Benitez will want too much money and is he the long term future? Rogers will also be very expensive and it's a 50/50 whether he'll come, Wagner could take the job straight away which I think would suit the club.

I've always liked Wagner. People focus on the run up to his dismissal but let's not forget the fact he took a team tipped for relegation from the Championship to the EPL and kept them there for a year. 

My only problem with him as manager is Vardy and Kasper. If they don't get their way with him, they'll turn on him and I don't think he's a big enough name or character to survive that. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I've always liked Wagner. People focus on the run up to his dismissal but let's not forget the fact he took a team tipped for relegation from the Championship to the EPL and kept them there for a year. 

My only problem with him as manager is Vardy and Kasper. If they don't get their way with him, they'll turn on him and I don't think he's a big enough name or character to survive that. 

The man wanted a break following Huddersfield, pretty sure a few months isn't long enough for what he wanted. Besides, would rather have some one with added European Pedigree 

I wouldn't be shocked to see the board go for someone like Lampard. Young, good contacts and respected. It might fit with what they felt Puel was trying to do better than a Benitez or Allardyce option. I get the impression that Rodgers is first choice, but that they wanted to bin Puel in the summer before making a move. 

Van Bronckhorst is a really interesting shout, no doubt the work he's done at Feyenoord is incredible but Cocu's abject failure at Fenerbahce after leaving the Eredivise throws me off the idea of recruiting from there a bit.

I'd take Rodgers, don't care if he has an ego, he's realistically the best available manager we can attract and has a history of playing good football. I think some of our younger players could really excel under him.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see the board go for someone like Lampard. Young, good contacts and respected. It might fit with what they felt Puel was trying to do better than a Benitez or Allardyce option. I get the impression that Rodgers is first choice, but that they wanted to bin Puel in the summer before making a move. 

Lampard has got a bright future in football but he's still long way to prove himself, I rather him spend more time with Derby and see where they end up in time. Would Antonio Conte be impossible, heard he's keen on a return. 

Brendan Rodgers seems like the right fit for me and has done for a long-time. 

Problem is, he is highly unlikely to be available until the summer, so what do we do until then?

Not many decent managers would come in just for 11 games and no chance of securing the job permanently.

I hope Top has a plan! 

17 minutes ago, Langston said:

Van Bronckhorst is a really interesting shout, no doubt the work he's done at Feyenoord is incredible but Cocu's abject failure at Fenerbahce after leaving the Eredivise throws me off the idea of recruiting from there a bit.

I'd take Rodgers, don't care if he has an ego, he's realistically the best available manager we can attract and has a history of playing good football. I think some of our younger players could really excel under him.

Rodgers doesn't play good football. Celtic fans love him but even they will tell you that. 

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The man wanted a break following Huddersfield, pretty sure a few months isn't long enough for what he wanted. Besides, would rather have some one with added European Pedigree 

It's easy to say you want a break when there isn't a multi million pound contract in front of you....

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

The poll in the other thread would beg to differ

In my defence I was referring to this thread which must have about 2 dozen suggestions in it and the poll thread hadn't gone up at that point. Pretty sure that Rodgers wouldnt be such a strong front runner if he wasn't so strongly linked with us as well.

• Like 2

I understand the lack of realism about these options, but someone like Inzaghi from Lazio or Howe from Bournemouth would show so much intent. I would be very happy with Rafa however, Wagner seemed to just not make it work at Huddersfield, and tactially they looked very poor before he left, so I’m not 100% about him. I understand limited resources etc but I’m just not that convinced

Edited by 80footgiraffe

3 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Hope our board thinks out of the box, and appoint a up and coming new face. 

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is available in the summer, he will be departing from Feyenoord at the end of the season. 

Also another good choice for Leicester would be Adolf Hutter who guided 'Young Boys' to win the Swiss Super league playing like Leicester did when we won the league. 

I just can’t see Herr Hutter being successful in English football with his name as it is.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Lampard has got a bright future in football but he's still long way to prove himself, I rather him spend more time with Derby and see where they end up in time. Would Antonio Conte be impossible, heard he's keen on a return. 

Would be expensive, I think it will be Rogers once he has finished with Scottish trophy parade he will be here