Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

The more I think about it the more excited I’m getting about Rodgers. 

In all honesty I just want a manager who can get excited about this team at his disposal, who knows where to play the players in their best positions, wants to play a good brand of football and who is willing to take the cup competitions seriously. 

Im a ****ing Leicester City supporter, I’ve spent years coming away from the stadium on a Saturday having been beat I can handle losing, I just want to feel a bit of connection back with the club and feel optimistic about going to the game again. 

I was dreading going yesterday I knew we were going to lose, it was inevitable. 

• Like 2

I think its a terrible time to recruit a new manager. Most of the good ones that may be available in the summer will not leave now. I cant see Benitez leaving a month after they beat there record transfer and are fighting for Premier League survival. I cant see Rodgers giving up the fight for another title, Dyche leaving a relegation battle or even Eddie Howe leaving his club in the lurch as they fight for Europe. Even Arteta wont leave the Man City project IMO with them fighting for so many trophies.

The positives are if we get someone in early and do well and they believe in the new manager we have a chance to set up signings for the summer and importantly, build a relationship with some of our better players that they would want to stay and not jump ship.

As for who? Well I have no idea to be honest. We are one of those clubs which are too good for certain names and not good enough for others. Rodgers probably would be a contender for somewhere like Chelsea if Sarri would be sacked. Benitez you would imagine would want a bigger club? Maybe either one of those would be a favourite if available. I personally would want Sean Dyche and his hoofball isnt the way forward for us. Eddie Howe struggled when he left Bournemouth the first time and a bigger worry would be that despite him being an organised manager he seems to really struggle when spending larger transfer sums as he gets them wrong more often than he gets them right.

The next few days should be interesting as we work out the type of manager thats on the radar but always, we need to aim high IMO.

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Someone who trusts youth. 

Anyone but that reptile **** Rodgers.

Why does everyone hate Rodgers?

What has he done to create such animosity? 

Would you rather someone like Big Sam, Pardew or Hughes? He is no way near the worst option out there.

• Like 1

We really need to get it right this time, or people will start calling us Sackity McSackmanager.

No Rodgers or Benitez please. Don't want anyone who has failed before in the Premier League.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

5 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Would you rather someone like Big Sam, Pardew or Hughes? He is no way near the worst option out there.

Like I said anyone who trusts youth players and will continue the one shining light that Puel had, bringing through players like Barnes, Choudhury and Chilwell.

Edited by GingerrrFox

8 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/24/leicester-city-sack-claude-puel-target-brendan-rodgers-summer/ 

Too many on the bandwagon already.  Rodgers likes youth

For now we need someone temporary to steady the ship and get the players playing with pleasure and freedom and reconnecting with the fans (a la Solskjaer). That's the first step, which of course must mean avoiding a relegation fight. Then, having used that time wisely to consider all options (and not just those damp squibs currently on the bookies' short list), appoint the next permanent manager in the summer.

Neil Lennon could do the interim job and maybe work with Rodgers when he came. I think Rodgers would be good to be honest but Lennon likes Leicester and the fans like him. We need to come together and rebuild our spirit for a couple of months, play how we want to play, secure safety with some results by letting Vardy play his own way and hopefully start afresh in the summer.

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can we have someone who is likely to be able to communicate with the players ...... the last manager didn’t seem to be able to effectively 

I know bielsa is doing well at Leeds but in general, you need to be able to get your message over quickly to be successful 

I agree but pochettino managed it at Southampton and did well there. I just want to look further afield than the obvious - big Sam, moyes pardew etc. 

Guest bennytwohats
46 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Eddie howe for me, give him money he will invest wisely. Also similar style to leicesters play

Eddie Howe has a track record of spending a lot of money on poor signings. See Defoe for a prime example.

He looks to have potentially turned a corner in the past 12 months, but prior to that his awful record in the transfer market has been the one fair criticism of him.

Given that I’m not quite sure what gives you confidence he would invest wisely...

My main concern is that we get in a caretaker who does quite well, steadies the ship and gets the job full time only to be sacked 6 weeks into the new season.

We need some long term planning. I know we wouldn't get him but I'd break the bank for someone of the stature of Erik ten Hag. We have one of the best training facilities in European football apparently planned to open next year we want a top quality manager here to try and take us forwards and to help attract decent players.

• Like 2