Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

12 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

The question is who would realistically want to manage us. 

Benitez and Rodgers are maybes.

Wagner would definitely come if asked.

I'd be intrigued to see how he does with better players at his disposal than he had at Huddersfield that's for sure.

I don't rate him as high as some do on here, but he may have potential and is certainly realistic for us to acquire.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wilder's front three of Sharp, McGoldrick and Madine are all about 38. Is his record with youth actually any good? Their team is littered with experience.

Probably not as much as some. Especially not as much as Farke. But in the lower leagues and with Sheff Utd over a couple of seasons (defends mainly) he has st times.

Think he’s just been sensible this season and seen the importance of experience in the championship 

Julen Lopetegui is out of work and had Spain playing some incredible football before the World Cup.

Maybe he’ll think he can do better than us, but he was moments away from signing on as Wolves manager when they were in the Championship and the last Real manager to be sacked so quickly ended up at a PL side in a worse position than we are now.

Bigger issue is that he’d be using us a stepping stone to get his career back on track but given that football has seemingly totally given up on any long-term commitment to managers we have to be realistic and accept that we’ll be seen as a springboard for any manager worth appointing.

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Probably been said already, but the immediate next manager is my major concern. We still need to find 8 points, possibly. I doubt we’ll get whoever we really want in February, so an interim is required.  Can’t see past Pearson. Available tomorrow morning and has experience of the PL, the club and

Some of the players. Suspect he’d be a popular appointment with players and that is probably all anyone coming in can hope to do in 11 games - to improve morale. 

Most of the squad won't know Pearson.

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

I'd be intrigued to see how he does with better players at his disposal than he had at Huddersfield that's for sure.

I don't rate him as high as some do on here, but he may have potential and is certainly realistic for us to acquire.

Rodgers is possible. 

Benitez is a defensive manager like Puel but doesn’t use the youth players. 

Wagner couldn’t handle the pressure of the premier league and Huddersfield really aren’t very good. I wouldn’t personally be happy with Wagner. 

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

First thing is that we need a intrim manager till the end of the season, so I would go for Appleton or Pearson, Appleton had a 2 match win record last time he was intrim manager.

Then in the summer we can properly look at all the candidates available 

Appleton has to be a name up there, wouldn't even mind Lennon being given 6 games. He sure as hell not take anything less than 100%.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Julen Lopetegui is out of work and had Spain playing some incredible football before the World Cup.

Maybe he’ll think he can do better than us, but he was moments away from signing on as Wolves manager when they were in the Championship and the last Real manager to be sacked so quickly ended up at a PL side in a worse position than we are now.

Bigger issue is that he’d be using us a stepping stone to get his career back on track but given that football has seemingly totally given up on any long-term commitment to managers we have to be realistic and accept that we’ll be seen as a springboard for any manager worth appointing.

Has come in to 16/1 on Skybet

10 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I'd like rose from Salzburg personally but would take Rodgers or benitez as they are experienced enough to develop our squad while maintaining results. I know Rafa gets grief but he is pragmatic and works with what he has. with our squad he would play the best way to suit all of our best players 

Benitez would also set us back 16 months in terms of progress towards a younger, more dynamic squad. You say pragmatic, you mean defensive as all hell and overly fond of experience. Guaranteed if he gets the job, your first choice defence is Simpson-Evans-Morgan-Fuchs. 

26 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

It's very difficult to make a judgement about Wagner.. He had extremely limited funds at Huddersfield and had to work with what he had. 

I liked his passion and enthusiasm, and I think he'd bond with our fan base.. Something Puel failed miserably to do. 

I'm not against Wagner coming here especially as he's available right now!