Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Of the currently available (out of work) permanent managers, Big Sam is probably the least worst. He actually did very well with Everton who were in a similar position to us as a club. Although he wouldn’t match our vision for youth etc, so we probably won’t go for him.

I actually rate Big Sam, another manager who has been labelled shit based on the back of dickheads thinking they’re  funny on Twitter. 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I simply think this squad needs sorting out mate. Enough of the pretty football and leaking goals like a sieve. Dyche would get us organised defensively and I think the players would back him.

I also think he’d join us AND the Burnley fans would be devastated 

Always thought you were against boring football, now you'd want the ginger Mourinho?

He'd be one of the worst possible appointements and you'd be calling for his head after 6 months. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Michael Appleton anyone?

It’ll be either Appleton or Shakey if we are going down the caretaker till end of season route. Pearson would be too controversial, and no other manager would take a 3 month job.

I think we’re still paying Appleton off (mentioned on here that he declined Hibs due to this?). So maybe we could get a discount on his services too.

As I’ve said in plenty of threads leading up to this decision, I’d like us to look lower for our next permenant manager. 

Appleton until the end of the season with Chris Wilder replacing him, no matter what happens to Sheffield Utd.

His record is fantastic, he promotes youth, his teams at time play football that you wouldn’t believe... interesting formations and lots of plans. Maguire would flourish under him. 

I understand and there will be a lot of disagreement on that but I’d love to see us take a risk! 

Farke at Norwich for the same reasons as above also 

Edited by AjcW

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

If they want rogers or benitez approach the clubs and pay compensation and get whoever in.

That may have worked with getting Appleton off a League 1 club in the summer, but getting the manager of a title chasing team or a relegation battling PL team mid-season? That sounds a lot like when Everton fans say “just pay Leicester 20m and get Vardy in”.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

That may have worked with getting Appleton off a League 1 club in the summer, but getting the manager of a title chasing team or a relegation battling PL team mid-season? That sounds a lot like when Everton fans say “just pay Leicester 20m and get Vardy in”.

You must take into account that  a chunk of FT is deluded .........