Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Definitely should or definitely too early? lol

I think Lampard would be a good profile manager for the club as highly liked, would be highly respected by the players, has been there and done it, I'm sure has lots of footballing contacts through Harry and Jamie who I'm sure give him advice, I think he'd be a cracking appointment.

• Like 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

I think Lampard would be a good profile manager for the club as highly liked, would be highly respected by the players, has been there and done it, I'm sure has lots of footballing contacts through Harry and Jamie who I'm sure give him advice, I think he'd be a cracking appointment.

Yeah he's won it all and should command respect. Worked under some great managers so should've learned a trick or two. I'd take him over the usual suspects for sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Personally If we are going down that route for our next manager I personally would prefer Arteta.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Was in the Line for the arsenal job & Pep said he is more than good enough to manage arsenal. He takes a lot of pep’s sessions. Defo think he would be worth a shot, but I understand what you mean.

I would definitely take a manager who has no experience but is touted for good things. If he has the respect of Man City for his coaching and nous then that is good enough for me. 

I can't see him leaving Man City mid season now we're approaching the business end of the season and four trophies are still available to them but maybe in the summer. Pep could be at Man City for years and there are no guarantees Arteta is next in line so it would be an offer that made him think.  

I think the Leicester job is a great job for someone, No pressure to finish in the top six but I believe we have a squad that is capable of challenging the top six with a few tweeks. Some excellent players here and some outstanding young talent as well. We have about eight players who could play for an elite club or have the potential to in the future. 

• Like 1

It has to be Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh for me. 

We played some lovely football first half last night, but were ridiculously flakey second half. I think they need that fantastic attitude that Pearson engendered during both spells here. 

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Set up the first team squad as an anarcho-syndicalist collective, where all matchday plans and signings are decided by the collective on an equal vote basis. This could even include voting on in-game passing and shooting opportunities, which would encourage a higher level of responsibility on the pitch. Down with the managerial class, living off the backs of the workers and contributing nothing.

Go for it comrade, Dennis the peasant agrees.

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For anyone who questions Brendan Rodgers forget what he’s done at both Liverpool & Celtic, look what he did whilst he was in charge at Swansea. Swansea was very much in a position as a club to what we are now. His record speaks for itself. 

His record with youth speaks volumes, probably most notably the job he did with Raheem Sterling. 

Finally, one of the greatest players this country has ever had in Steven Gerrard once said that Rodgers one to one management with the players was the best he had ever seen. 

So anyone who’s doubting whether or not Rodgers is good enough for a club like ours, then have a word with yourself.

I agree completely. I can't believe people wouldn't take Rodgers. He's the standout candidate for me considering what we are trying to achieve.

• Like 1

I've no particular names to suggest. My main hopes are for:

1) A manager who can tweak, improve and add to what we already have, not a manager who'll want to make sweeping changes

2) A manager who can provide a bit of inspiration - both to the players and to the fans.

When Claudio took over from NP, he had the wisdom not to change too much - and I'd like someone with that same wisdom. Recent results notwithstanding, we have a squad that has exciting potential with a limited number of summer additions.

Claudio was wise enough to mainly work with the players he inherited or that NP/Walsh had lined up - and to use the momentum and positive atmosphere inherited from the Great Escape. He changed tactics a bit, particularly defensive organisation & a bit more emphasis on counter-attacking, but didn't try to start again from square one.

Under Puel, we've developed certain abilities - more possession, attacking full-backs - and it would be folly to just rip all that up and start again. Instead, we need a manager who'll use those abilities but add others: e.g. a big physical striker (not necessarily starting every game), a midfielder who'd join the striker(s) more and present more a goal threat. A couple of additions like these, with a bit more creativity (which might already be here with Tielemans & Barnes) could provide the inspiration that we need. A few years back, if we went behind, we'd still give it a good go - the players would be giving their all, we'd be piling on pressure, the crowd would be getting behind the team etc. Recently, if we fall behind, it all seems to fizzle out - we don't apply a lot of pressure. the players don't look noticeably committed, the crowd goes quiet.....

Will we appoint a new manager now, though, or just a caretaker, pending a summer appointment? Because any new manager now will have to work with what he's got - though it'll give him more time to work out where he's going, what his summer transfer priorities will be etc.

I hope there's a bounce now, as there often is after a managerial sacking. Win the next two home matches v. Brighton & Fulham and we have 38 points - almost certainly safe as I cannot imagine Cardiff and Southampton both getting more than that (or either of them, frankly).

We already have a lot of good players here, many of them young players, so this could be a really good opportunity for the right manager - and next season could still be a very good one at LCFC.

It would be depressing, though, to see someone come in and try to replace too many players, rehash the style too much, struggle to develop something new....

• Like 1

People want an "established, proven, Premier League manager" (or even Premiership - hey, why not Richard Cockerill?), but fail to realise all the good ones are at the biggest clubs and the rest either are or have been relegation battlers.

So easy, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Why on Earth do people want largely unproven managers like Lampard? It doesn't matter how good they were as players, doesn't always translate to being a good manager...

Lampard isn’t exactly pulling up trees at Derby either is he?

I have it on good authority they expected to be top two this season

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Lampard isn’t exactly pulling up trees at Derby either is he?

I have it on good authority they expected to be top two this season

Eh, predictions before the season rarely come together so I wouldn't judge him on that, plus wasn't he appointed after a few games or something? I may be thinking of Villa instead. 

That said, he hasn't done nearly* enough to warrant our attention. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Probably been said already, but the immediate next manager is my major concern. We still need to find 8 points, possibly. I doubt we’ll get whoever we really want in February, so an interim is required.  Can’t see past Pearson. Available tomorrow morning and has experience of the PL, the club and

Some of the players. Suspect he’d be a popular appointment with players and that is probably all anyone coming in can hope to do in 11 games - to improve morale. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Obviously he wouldn’t come.

But if he did want to, would anyone take him? I reckon he’d lose our dressing room within about 5 minutes of stepping in the door.

If our players did anything other than hang off his every bloody word then they’d all need sacking lol 

would anyone take him, do me a favour lol 

Of the currently available (out of work) permanent managers, Big Sam is probably the least worst. He actually did very well with Everton who were in a similar position to us as a club. Although he wouldn’t match our vision for youth etc, so we probably won’t go for him.