Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The great escape season wasn’t ‘doing the business’ ....... seriously, it wasn’t. We had a side that should never have been bottom three. Look at what we managed with many of the same players the following campaign.  

Nigel would be fine for the rest of the season as he gets on with quite a few of the players already and the atmosphere would lighten .  I worry that a good last ten games could lead to many taking  that as meaning he should then keep the job .........

he isnt tatcally savvy enough 

Don't agree, because he was the one who put together that squad in the first place and it had no Premier League experience so there was a long adaptation process. However can see your point and it's a valid argument just one I don't agree with.

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Fair does, I think I wrote them in my post though.

he's done the business in both his spells here and that's what relevant "

Took us from league 1 to Premier League, and laid foundations of winning the title. he was s*** at Derby and OHL but frankly I think it's far more relevant how he did at Leicester and he smashed the ball out of the park in both times he was here.

And should add it's possible that he's lost the MiDAS touch but I think we should definitely get him in as caretaker and see how he gets on.

Yup, fair comment, you did caveat it! 

As the saying goes, opinions are like .... :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

I’m not offended by you wanting a manager no matter how good they were or how bad they are

Tbh, I just wanted to write an opinion without getting loads of abuse for it as Nigel Pearson seems to be a topic which makes a lot of people very emotional on here.

4 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Can't believe people are suggesting arteta. Apart from the fact he has no managerial experience whatsoever he would presumably try and get a pass and move style of play similar to man city. If our players can't do guardiola lite under an experienced manager what are the odds of achieving it under a complete novice?!

Mostly because I want a manager with Lego hair 

20190224_205216.jpg

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Sod all the old has bean and round the block managers already mentioned and being bandied about and no to Rodgers or Benitez lets go for youth.

I would go all out for Frank Lampard at Derby.  Is doing a great job for them with money behind him with us it could be a great appointment.

Is he though ? Derby appear to be doing their usual performance of mounting a decent shot at getting promoted or into the play offs only to falter as the season draws to a close . I wouldn’t back them to buck the trend this season and they are already dropping points they should be claiming 

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Daniel Farke is doing great with Norwich, they are top of the Championship. 

Only time before the German coach is snapped up by a top 6 EPL club! 

If he got the same results here as he did when he first went to Norwich ( who were too cash strapped to pay him off apparently) he would have received the Wicker Man treatment in no time 

Its no good getitng on the roundabout of failed managers, if we do we are just like any other team.

We must remember we are special, there are not many other clubs that are havn't already won the Pl, going to win it in the  future.

The one we need is , all the others will be stop gaps and last no longer than Puel.

Marco Rose, 

all the others will be stop gaps and last no longer than Puel.

38 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't agree, because he was the one who put together that squad in the first place and it had no Premier League experience so there was a long adaptation process. However can see your point and it's a valid argument just one I don't agree with.

He was part of a team of three and even then there are question marks over whether he had much to do with our great escape. What is for sure is that he got us into that situation in the first place! Since he's been on his own his record shows that he's been utter shite. So remind me please, what is the attraction and track record that leads people to believe that he could possibly be the saviour and future of any Premiership football club?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, treer said:

Its no good getitng on the roundabout of failed managers, if we do we are just like any other team.

We must remember we are special, there are not many other clubs that are havn't already won the Pl, going to win it in the  future.

The one we need is , all the others will be stop gaps and last no longer than Puel.

Marco Rose, 

all the others will be stop gaps and last no longer than Puel.

Hmmm.. Sounds like a shite Gourmet Chef...!

1 minute ago, WestLothianFox said:

A few suggesting Frank Lampard, but not one mention of Steven Gerrard. Think he is doing a good job at rangers and certainly does not accept poor performances from the players. Also a young manager that knows the Premiere league

Rangers gave him his chance - no way would he leave them for us at this stage of his career ......

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Rogers - 2/1

Appleton - 6/1

Lennon - 7/1

Dyche - 8/1

Benetez - 9/1

Wagner 10/1

Allaydcre - 25/1

Pearson - 25/1

Arteta - 35/1

Not exactly an inspiring list. 

What about Pearson or Ranieri or that French manager...ermm.. used to manage Southampton... Paul...I think.

49 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He is good at building a close knit capable squad but I just don’t see his tactical ability at prem level 

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Rogers - 2/1

Appleton - 6/1

Lennon - 7/1

Dyche - 8/1

Benetez - 9/1

Wagner 10/1

Allaydcre - 25/1

Pearson - 25/1

Arteta - 35/1

Not exactly an inspiring list. 

What about Pearson or Ranieri or that French manager...ermm.. used to manage Southampton... Paul...I think.

I dont agree with people posting lists from bookies, quoting next manager odds.

The odds are outrageous and akin to theft of inexperiened punters money, just the kind of person to bet on the next manger.

If you want to bet on the manager the only palce for fair odds is betfair

For example from the above list

rogers is 11/4 betfair instead of 2/1

appleton 11/1 instead of 6/1

rafa 12/1 instead of 9/1

Do fellow forumite's, who like a bet a ,favour and post the correct odds(or nearly) from betfair

9 minutes ago, treer said:

The odds are outrageous and akin to theft of inexperiened punters money, just the kind of person to bet on the next manger.

rafa 12/1 instead of 9/1

Do fellow forumite's, who like a bet a ,favour and post the correct odds(or nearly) from betfair

The odds show that no one has a clue ........

10 minutes ago, treer said:

rafa 12/1 instead of 9/1

What is your position at betfair?

• Haha 1