Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Player Reactions

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Perhaps best if you guys don’t bother coming to support the boys over the next few months - you clearly know feck all about them and they will manage fine without you .........  

I like to watch players who like to play for a club not throw there toys out there pram and throw a paddy when things don’t go there way.and when they do suddenly they start playing again.these a supposed to be professional footballers I’ve seen more profession in a kids school playground!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No, but I am suggesting that he was instructing the team to get the ball forward quicker than Mendy and N’Didi were doing as evidenced in his post match interview after the Man U game 

But that’s exactly the problem wants the ball to go forwards quicker but consistently picked 2 (or 3) defensive midfielders. Ndidi is a high energy ball winner Mendy is more your classic holding midfielder a tidy player who wins the ball and plays it simple. Typically they would be paired with a more creative player and not each other. So many attacks broke down because there was too much responsibility on 2 players that are not attacking creative players.

If you want to get the ball forwards quicker stop picking players that either can’t pass or whose instinct is to play the safe simple ball.

Every game I saw players trying hard, working hard celebrating goals, but being undone by a formation that exposed every weakness.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Perhaps best if you guys don’t bother coming to support the boys over the next few months - you clearly know feck all about them and they will manage fine without you .........  

Aren't we sensitive. Been supporting Leicester I can imagine long before you Son

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

But that’s exactly the problem wants the ball to go forwards quicker but consistently picked 2 (or 3) defensive midfielders. Ndidi is a high energy ball winner Mendy is more your classic holding midfielder a tidy player who wins the ball and plays it simple. Typically they would be paired with a more creative player and not each other. So many attacks broke down because there was too much responsibility on 2 players that are not attacking creative players.

If you want to get the ball forwards quicker stop picking players that either can’t pass or whose instinct is to play the safe simple ball.

Every game I saw players trying hard, working hard celebrating goals, but being undone by a formation that exposed every weakness.

I think it’s common ground that Wilf and Mendy were not the right mix but unlesss you think Silva, Kingy  or Iborra were good enough there wasn’t much else 

Hamza whilst good is a similar type of player, and James has been injured 

Hence the loan signing of Tielemans 

Personally I think Kingy could have been worth a punt as an alternative but I’m less convinced about the suitability of Iborra or Silva for the PL 

5 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Aren't we sensitive. Been supporting Leicester I can imagine long before you Son

I have no idea how old you are ........... 

if you have then it’s likely a generational thing .... you probably got upset when Jimmy hill got the min wage sorted .......

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, brucey said:

I think it was more a case of Monaco wanting Silva, having told Tielemans previously he should find a new club.

Doubt he spoke much to Puel, as he admitted in his signing interview that he didn’t even know we had a focus on playing youth. Puel would surely have sold that fact to him hard.

Exactly this. It seems hard to believe, but judging by that interview he hadn't really had the club sold to him by anyone. Didn't know we were a young side, seemingly didn't realise Vardy and Maguire played for us (his face lit up at that one). 

Not the easiest environment at all for him to come into, but I guess it probably wasn't the best atmosphere at Monaco either.

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What’s the constant through all these manager firings at LCFC?  Certain players whining to the press - or doing so through their families, or through their mouthpieces among “professional journalists”.

Doesnt matter who you hire as long as that culture is allowed to continue.  We all know who the problem is - hopefully the clubs is going to be willing to confront that or we’ll be having this same conversation again 12 or 18 months.

I don't know you and I don't know if you work at the club but let's be honest very very few who post on here have got a true idea of anything that really goes on behind the scens at the club.

All I've seen is speculation about this and that. However, a fairly constant stream of "stories" from what I would call reliable and reasonable journalists did suggest that all was not right.

I suspect and it is only a suspicion that his management techniques were not that popular. However, on the pitch I don't think the players stopped playing for him or that they didn't try.

Management is not a straightforward thing, get it right and all is fine but the skill to good management is knowing how to make people respond in the best way they can, to utilise people's strengths and not to put them constantly into positions in which they can't cope. Of course as you say "we all know who the problem is". Well maybe it was a manager who just couldn't manage people.

The truth is we don't know who or what the problem/s is or are we can only guess. Now we must unite as a fan base and let's bloody well get behind the team on Tuesday night and create a positive atmosphere. A new dawn arrives what it will bring who knows.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure it’s about the change in style but more about the training methods and the general atmosphere at belvoir drive .......

The comment about "working against the players" seemed very much about the fact the players felt like what he was asking them to do didn't suit them.

11 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Yes it was revealing from the very first thing he said "Personally I found him very hard work" then went on to say how Puel was not energetic and could not get players up for games.and left it to Appleton and others.

No denying that, the interview clearly sheds light on the issues behind the scenes. But I'm addressing a specific point only in it and not the whole thing.

The fact of the matter is the players would never tweet about the situation whether they’re happy about it or not. 

Looking in from the outside I think the youngsters will be sad that Puel has been sacked because he invested game time in them. 

I’d imagine that the likes of Morgan, Simpson and Vardy will be delighted. But the truth is that we can’t prove that so I’ll treat them as I always have. I’ll back them to the hill for as long as they play for us. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The comment about "working against the players" seemed very much about the fact the players felt like what he was asking them to do didn't suit them.

I only caught the tail end of it but that's pretty much what he said. Made a comment along the lines of they were used to playing one way and Puel wanted them to play another 

12 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The fact of the matter is the players would never tweet about the situation whether they’re happy about it or not. 

Looking in from the outside I think the youngsters will be sad that Puel has been sacked because he invested game time in them. 

I’d imagine that the likes of Morgan, Simpson and Vardy will be delighted. But the truth is that we can’t prove that so I’ll treat them as I always have. I’ll back them to the hill for as long as they play for us. 

This is a totally myth.

It was a selfish last minute panic bringing Harvey back from West Brom, the guy is great but seeing out the season there would've been better for him/us

Mendy over Hamza

27 year old joke Ghezzal

Chilwell made his debut 2 years pre Puel

N'didi was going backwards

Etc

Not one player bar Chilwell (his attacking, not defending who would of regardless) had improved under his management

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

I only caught the tail end of it but that's pretty much what he said. Made a comment along the lines of they were used to playing one way and Puel wanted them to play another 

would of thought the club wants the team to play that way otherwise why hire him.

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I think it’s common ground that Wilf and Mendy were not the right mix but unlesss you think Silva, Kingy  or Iborra were good enough there wasn’t much else 

Hamza whilst good is a similar type of player, and James has been injured 

Hence the loan signing of Tielemans 

Personally I think Kingy could have been worth a punt as an alternative but I’m less convinced about the suitability of Iborra or Silva for the PL 

My point was you can scream until you’re blue in the face at the players to move the ball forwards quicker, but if you pick players that don’t do that naturally and you also tell them to defend the edge of the box*. You pick Vardy whose natural game is to play on the shoulder or the last man, you pick wide attacking players to give you width and full backs that also give you width you end up with a huge amount of space in the middle and only one simple forward outlet for our midfield and that’s the number 10. Normally Maddison, who is isolated and anybody who watches our games knows to stick someone on Maddison and we lose any attacking thrust. The midfield are forced wide and backwards and we become so easy to defend against. If you want the ball to go forwards quicker pick players and a formation that allow it.

One tweak would have been to look at what Pep does with his full backs they don’t go haring off down the wing every opportunity they move into the midfield areas to give the CMs more support and more options. I’ve said as well that Vardy needs to drop deeper in this formation move the defenders around and give our midfield more attacking options. Vardy comes deeper the wide players attack the space behind him.

*This is another bugbear of Puel’s reign I always see the midfielders defending the edge of the box which is why we seem to concede so many long range efforts there is no pressure outside the box. At least one of them should be further forwards to stop long range efforts and to then be ready to counter.

Puel is at fault not the players, setting them up like that and screaming at them to get it forwards quicker is like shouting at Vardy to get on the end of high floaty crosses or at Kasper to be taller.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

This is a totally myth.

It was a selfish last minute panic bringing Harvey back from West Brom, the guy is great but seeing out the season there would've been better for him/us

This forum was crying out for his return.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

This forum was crying out for his return.

Not all were. I would have given Gray and Ghezzal until the end of the season to prove their value and brought Barnes back to have a proper preseason in a stable environment and be integrated into a, hopefully, functioning team. Rather than bring him back to an uncertain environment with question marks over the manager and half the first team.

17 minutes ago, Captain... said:

My point was you can scream until you’re blue in the face at the players to move the ball forwards quicker, but if you pick players that don’t do that naturally and you also tell them to defend the edge of the box*. You pick Vardy whose natural game is to play on the shoulder or the last man, you pick wide attacking players to give you width and full backs that also give you width you end up with a huge amount of space in the middle and only one simple forward outlet for our midfield and that’s the number 10. Normally Maddison, who is isolated and anybody who watches our games knows to stick someone on Maddison and we lose any attacking thrust. The midfield are forced wide and backwards and we become so easy to defend against. If you want the ball to go forwards quicker pick players and a formation that allow it.

One tweak would have been to look at what Pep does with his full backs they don’t go haring off down the wing every opportunity they move into the midfield areas to give the CMs more support and more options. I’ve said as well that Vardy needs to drop deeper in this formation move the defenders around and give our midfield more attacking options. Vardy comes deeper the wide players attack the space behind him.

*This is another bugbear of Puel’s reign I always see the midfielders defending the edge of the box which is why we seem to concede so many long range efforts there is no pressure outside the box. At least one of them should be further forwards to stop long range efforts and to then be ready to counter.

Puel is at fault not the players, setting them up like that and screaming at them to get it forwards quicker is like shouting at Vardy to get on the end of high floaty crosses or at Kasper to be taller.

And mine was that the toolbox was missing a few of the right tools

Whether James or others could have filled the gap is a moot point as is who is to blame for s failure to recruit during the summer to rectify the problem 

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

This is a totally myth.

Mendy over Hamza

27 year old joke Ghezzal

Chilwell made his debut 2 years pre Puel

N'didi was going backwards

Etc

Not one player bar Chilwell (his attacking, not defending who would of regardless) had improved under his management

You're kidding right?

He's an asset and from what i've seen i want him starting most games.  He's come back to the prem and looked good and improves our squad.  There is no question it was the right decision to bring him back, him getting prem time this season will set him up for being a big part of our next season

Mendy was good at the start of the season, apart from his mistakes he's only declined with the general decline of the team performances

Chilwell became our LB under Puel, thats not disputable

Ndidi hasnt been going backwards.  Just hasnt improved massively from when we first signed him

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

And mine was that the toolbox was missing a few of the right tools

Whether James or others could have filled the gap is a moot point as is who is to blame for s failure to recruit during the summer to rectify the problem 

If you don’t have the right tools you don’t start the job.

Recruitment is still an issue and not one I blame Puel for, but he knew the players he had and he didn’t get them playing to their best.

We clearly didn’t have the players to play the football Puel wanted that was clear very early on. In some ways I admired his persistence last season thinking it would pay off this season. It didn’t, our best results have come from not playing Puel football and most of our goals have come from quick attacks or set pieces.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Recruitment is still an issue and not one I blame Puel for, but he knew the players he had and he didn’t get them playing to their best.

We clearly didn’t have the players to play the football Puel wanted that was clear very early on. In some ways I admired his persistence last season thinking it would pay off this season. It didn’t, our best results have come from not playing Puel football and most of our goals have come from quick attacks or set pieces.

But what would you actually do with this squad? He was missing an incisive midfielder, and on current showings a clinical striker, for that style but what was the other option? Anyone talking about 15/16 countering needs to give their head a wobble, that's not worked since March 16 and had us in the relegation zone under two different managers

20 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I have made my point and CBA to go back and forth on this but thought I would send this test response to see if you are one of those who fall into the “need to have the last word” category ;) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

But what would you actually do with this squad? He was missing an incisive midfielder, and on current showings a clinical striker, for that style but what was the other option? Anyone talking about 15/16 countering needs to give their head a wobble, that's not worked since March 16 and had us in the relegation zone under two different managers

I have detailed already in this thread but the main one would be to not isolate the midfield and Maddison. Ditch this bizarre obsession with going wide overloading the flanks with overlapping full backs to cross to Vardy. 

Push the full backs into midfield get Vardy to drop deeper, have one of the midfield 2 play further forwards. 

Or go 3 at the back allow Maguire to join the midfield and play Maddison in a midfield 2.

Just do something to not be so predictable and so easy to nullify with average well organised players. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I have made my point and CBA to go back and forth on this but thought I would send this test response to see if you are one of those who fall into the “need to have the last word” category ;) 

I’m just someone who’s bored at work.

• Haha 2