Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Player Reactions

To everyone that has ever labelled our players as ‘toxic’ etc please watch today’s Carabao Cup final to see what toxic really is. Our old guard have given so much to us and it is clear to me that they care about the club. If anything questions need to be asked of the board for the managerial appointments they’ve made apart from Nige and Claudio. 

Edited by NeilLCFC
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

To everyone that has ever labelled our players as ‘toxic’ etc please watch today’s Carabao Cup final to see what toxic really is. Our old guard have given so much to us and it is clear to me that they care about the club. If anything questions need to be asked of the board for the managerial appointments they’ve made apart from Nige and Claudio. 

I'm sorry but you cannot chose a manager who only believes in the way 2 or 3 of our players want to play. They are professional footballers and should do what they are asked of them. In any other walk of life that it how it is. They create a negative atmosphere by using player power. Look at Kepa today. Do we really want a situation like that happening with us? 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Huth said Puel "was not easy to work with". 

Cottee questioned the players, think that was his point.

I haven't heard what Muzzy etc have said.

And tbh I'd trust the opinions of a player who actually worked with him. You've heard it directly/indirectly from players saying Puel was bad.. amazes me how people come to criticise the players for forcing him out.

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm sorry but you cannot chose a manager who only believes in the way 2 or 3 of our players want to play. They are professional footballers and should do what they are asked of them. In any other walk of life that it how it is. They create a negative atmosphere by using player power. Look at Kepa today. Do we really want a situation like that happening with us? 

Sorry - crap - the players have never not carried out the managers instructions 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No it isn’t. A good manager doesn’t just impose their own views on everyone. They listen to others and get the best out of their workers by treating them with respect and inspiring them. The model of management you suggest is very old fashioned and doesn’t motivate anyone.

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

No it isn’t. A good manager doesn’t just impose their own views on everyone. They listen to others and get the best out of their workers by treating them with respect and inspiring them. The model of management you suggest is very old fashioned and doesn’t motivate anyone.

I'm not suggesting the manager doesn't listen. I'm saying the players cannot throw tantrums or have the manager sacked if they don't agree with his way. This is what has happened over the last 3 managers and its not a good thing. I'm not saying Puel was the one and he should never have been sacked. I'm saying that player power should never overrule the manager. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hejammy said:

That was really ugly from Kepa. There has to be a line and he went miles over it

9 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Well are you suggesting they came up with the idea of a patient passing game themselves?

No, but I am suggesting that he was instructing the team to get the ball forward quicker than Mendy and N’Didi were doing as evidenced in his post match interview after the Man U game 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

"On 16 September 2017, after five straight league defeats that left the team second bottom in the table, a statement from Birmingham City said the club were "left with no choice but to terminate the contract of the manager with immediate effect". After his sacking, Redknapp said that there was "every chance" his role as Birmingham manager would be his last managerial job."

Amen to that last sentence. Absolute state of people OK with our club in 2019 going anywhere near this wobble headed cockney jackass

People have very short memories. If we adopted your attitude of binning succesful managers we would never have had Claudio and thus would never have won the title.

Redknapp`s Spurs with the likes of Bale, Modric, Defoe etc where one of the best football teams Ive seen play. They should have won stuff and did come close. Unfortunately for them they are a selling club and always have been so where he wanted to add players but constantly was forced to sell. His Portsmouth team that won the cup was also blessed with great footballers and great flair players. His tactics was always to score goals and IMO he could do a temporary job if we cant get our first choice until the summer. Im not saying he should be a permanent manager but who else do we get in as a stop gap if our first choice won be available for a few months? BTW, getting a talented manager like this thrown into a relegation battle with the likes of Birmingham or even QPR when they were in the Championship with players who didnt want to play for the club with mega wages is unfair. 

I think in football high calibre managers should be respected when they are of an age. People got on Hodgsons back for a good period of time and was ridiculed but he has fought back with class. Harry to me was always England class but he is a young 71 year old and could still do a temporary job. If this was US sports he would be looked upon as a legendary manager but here we seem to bin them and prefer managers like Arteta, who isnt even a bloody manager LOL 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Because he would have dropped them if they hadn’t.  He did it with vardy. the players may not have believed in his tactics at times but they carried them out as the professionals that they are. 

See my response to Mr Weller re the Man Utd game

It was clear from his post match interview that some players were not carrying out his instruction to get the ball forward more quickly 

I’m not suggesting it was wilful but he was clearly frustrated by the failure 

That doesn’t excuse it. Maybe he wasn’t able to get his ideas across 

Ad for dropping them he did bring Tielemans in for the Spurs game with Wilf originally on the bench

Dont know if you saw the Man Utd game  and his long chat with Wilf at a break about 20 minutes in. 

CP was gesticulating and it seemed apparent that he wanted the ball forward quicker 

This was then confirmed in the post match interview on RL

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

"On 16 September 2017, after five straight league defeats that left the team second bottom in the table, a statement from Birmingham City said the club were "left with no choice but to terminate the contract of the manager with immediate effect". After his sacking, Redknapp said that there was "every chance" his role as Birmingham manager would be his last managerial job."

Amen to that last sentence. Absolute state of people OK with our club in 2019 going anywhere near this wobble headed cockney jackass

+1

I do love a bit of well-merited, high-quality abuse...... 

3 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I’ve heard a lot from ex players, Cottee, Muzzy, Huth, Marshall, all seem to come to the same conclusion but really other than Huth who I have a huge amount of respect for, they really don’t know much more than us I’d say. 

Huth would be the only voice I’d trust, and his comments were the first by a former player to indicate that there was really something to the idea that senior players didn’t care for Puel.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Huth would be the only voice I’d trust, and his comments were the first by a former player to indicate that there was really something to the idea that senior players didn’t care for Puel.

It sounded to me that they weren't inspired by him which is somewhat different. 

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Need to get rid of the last of 2015/16 side over next two windows 

kasper is going in summer his old man has made that clear 

He’ll be lucky to get an offer from Sporting Bromsgrove with the way the fourth goal went through him yesterdaylol

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry - crap - the players have never not carried out the managers instructions 

The full interview from Huth was revealing, sounded very much like the players were not happy about the change in style, did make me wonder if they ever fully tried to implement what he was saying.

• Like 1