Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Player Reactions

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The team this season is mainly his players or players that arrived not long before him. 

The squad is still full of the old guard though. Doesn't take much for the rot to set in behind the scenes if the old pros aren't on board with things. Huth was specifically talking about the change in

style from the title winning season and it was worrying that he seemed to suggest they weren't in board with it because IMO we absolutey needed to start adapting our style.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The squad is still full of the old guard though. Doesn't take much for the rot to set in behind the scenes if the old pros aren't on board with things. Huth was specifically talking about the change in

style from the title winning season and it was worrying that he seemed to suggest they weren't in board with it because IMO we absolutey needed to start adapting our style.

Not sure it’s about the change in style but more about the training methods and the general atmosphere at belvoir drive .......

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The full interview from Huth was revealing, sounded very much like the players were not happy about the change in style, did make me wonder if they ever fully tried to implement what he was saying.

Yes it was revealing from the very first thing he said "Personally I found him very hard work" then went on to say how Puel was not energetic and could not get players up for games.and left it to Appleton and others.

Basically Puel is a technocrat but there is far more to motivating people than technically knowing what you are doing, However alien to your personality its a major part of a football managers job to motivate your players...he simply does not have to tools. I went to Brussels 5 years ago to see our MEP having been stitched up on some EU funding and had the unfortunate experience of meeting a number of faceless bureaucrats. Claude would have felt right at home in the European Commission! That was a chastening and morale sapping experience.I also met Claude at The Marriott a few weeks after he had started and results were good and honestly it was like talking to a cardboard cut out..

Management includes managing people - unfortunately he is totally unequipped to do it and I think his emphasis on younger players was because they represented less of a challenge. He needed to earn the respect from the senior players and he could not do it. Look at Pep, Klop, and Ranieri in the title winning season.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red Squirrel said:

Yes it was revealing from the very first thing he said "Personally I found him very hard work" then went on to say how Puel was not energetic and could not get players up for games.and left it to Appleton and others.

Basically Puel is a technocrat but there is far more to motivating people than technically knowing what you are doing, However alien to your personality its a major part of a football managers job to motivate your players...he simply does not have to tools. I went to Brussels 5 years ago to see our MEP having been stitched up on some EU funding and had the unfortunate experience of meeting a number of faceless bureaucrats. Claude would have felt right at home in the European Commission! That was a chastening and morale sapping experience.I also met Claude at The Marriott a few weeks after he had started and results were good and honestly it was like talking to a cardboard cut out..

Management includes managing people - unfortunately he is totally unequipped to do it and I think his emphasis on younger players was because they represented less of a challenge. He needed to earn the respect from the senior players and he could not do it. Look at Pep, Klop, and Ranieri in the title winning season.. 

But then when Ranieri wanted to change the system they threw him under the bus. Still don't think 3 managers in 3 years is all the managers fault. Poor old Shakey played to their old strengths and they binned him off. I for one don't think the last 3 managers have all been at fault. Players have to accept a lot of the blame

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

I'm not suggesting the manager doesn't listen. I'm saying the players cannot throw tantrums or have the manager sacked if they don't agree with his way. This is what has happened over the last 3 managers and its not a good thing. I'm not saying Puel was the one and he should never have been sacked. I'm saying that player power should never overrule the manager. 

But with respect they did their best but it wasn’t enough-the vision want communicated effectively 

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

People have very short memories. If we adopted your attitude of binning succesful managers we would never have had Claudio and thus would never have won the title.

lol it's a short memory to remember that droopy has been unsuccessful everywhere since 2011? He's past it, everyone knows that surely?

9 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

They all seemed to be slithering around ok in training today shady two faced snakes ? 

10 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

But then when Ranieri wanted to change the system they threw him under the bus. Still don't think 3 managers in 3 years is all the managers fault. Poor old Shakey played to their old strengths and they binned him off. I for one don't think the last 3 managers have all been at fault. Players have to accept a lot of the blame

Perhaps best if you guys don’t bother coming to support the boys over the next few months - you clearly know feck all about them and they will manage fine without you .........  

• Thanks 1

What’s the constant through all these manager firings at LCFC?  Certain players whining to the press - or doing so through their families, or through their mouthpieces among “professional journalists”.

Doesnt matter who you hire as long as that culture is allowed to continue.  We all know who the problem is - hopefully the clubs is going to be willing to confront that or we’ll be having this same conversation again 12 or 18 months.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

I don’t agree. A good manager could bring out the best in them but they’re too good and too experienced to suffer fools gladly. It’s not player power, it’s human nature. Get a leader they respect and there’d  be no moaning.

Edited by Mr Weller

They're not that good - not that that's the core issue.

I'm not willing to risk the future of the club on Vardy and Schmeichel's forebearnce for a new manager.  Sooner or later you have to move on from those guys anyway - no time like the present (or a least the summer).

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I don’t agree. A good manager could bring out the best in then but they’re too good and too experienced to suffer fools gladly. It’s not player power, it’s human nature. Get a leader they respect and they’d be no moaning.

They didn't respect the manager who won the Premier League against all the odds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder how Tielemans feels about the sacking, as can imagine Puel persuading him the most to come to LCFC?

I think it was more a case of Monaco wanting Silva, having told Tielemans previously he should find a new club.

Doubt he spoke much to Puel, as he admitted in his signing interview that he didn’t even know we had a focus on playing youth. Puel would surely have sold that fact to him hard.