Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

35 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

The players just need to ****ing move about instead of standing still behind the other teams' players. If Rodgers can sort this out then life's good. When you watch others teams there is so much movement, we pass the ball forward, everyone stands still, pass backwards, sideways and repeat. Yesterday's formation managed to highlight how bad it is, Vardy needs to stretch defences again for it to work. Luckily him standing next to the CBs all match actually got us a goal.

I've been saying for a long time Vardy is mostly ineffective as a lone striker. Him chasing defenders down is pointless as there isn't usually another player around him to pick up when he forces a mistake. Stretching defences won't make any difference at the minute as we have no one making the runs through the middle to make the most of the space he would create. I'm hoping that BR has seen this and makes the necessary changes. 

49 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Embarrassing post if serious! Can I ask what sort of revolution in our playing style you expected in 4 days?

I expect the new manager to at least look at recordings of the previous half dozen matches or so...absolutely no evidence here that Wes should have been on the field, the revolution of playing a back 3 was a complete cock up at this stage of his tenure, I sincerely hope he's got more than this to offer, otherwise we've just thrown away another £6M +compo when we sack him next winter.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I expect the new manager to at least look at recordings of the previous half dozen matches or so...absolutely no evidence here that Wes should have been on the field, the revolution of playing a back 3 was a complete cock up at this stage of his tenure, I sincerely hope he's got more than this to offer, otherwise we've just thrown away another £6M +compo when we sack him next winter.

Jesus Christ. Bring back Puel. 

Edited by lcfcell
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be simplistic, they were better first half, we were better second half.

We’d pretty much all be saying decent away point and second half performance if we hadn’t just gifted them a goal at the final knockings.

It was tomfoolery and we paid the price for it. Just a lump up into their corner area would have done.

It’s all very fine margins this football malarkey

Entirely agree with this.

Our play in the second half was pretty decent, first half was mostly diabolical. They scored from our mistake and a set piece (a stupid one to give away at that), and their other major chance coming from another set piece.

Considering they scored the most goals outside of the top 6, it's probably not awful. Gotta cut out the stupid errors though, especially that late in the game.

We never really created anything clear-cut (Morgan's chance maybe more so than Vardy's goal) from what I remember, but it's not too surprising considering it was a completely new system.

Edited by Beechey

28 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Dearly. Me.

He could have spent his entire time since he took over watching videos, but irregardless, he still has to implement change.

Please let’s NOT start a witch hunt so soon into his tenure, it’s poisonous. :nono:

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Dearly. Me.

He could have spent his entire time since he took over watching videos, but irregardless, he still has to implement change.

Please let’s NOT start a witch hunt so soon into his tenure, it’s poisonous. :nono:

Why should we treat this manager any different to others that have been hounded out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Why should we treat this manager any different to others that have been hounded out?

It's a judgement call between Wes and Soyuncu though, isn't it? Puel also favoured Wes.

Maybe he just trains better.

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Because it does not allow any manager to improve things- this continued discontent/dissatisfaction will never change with this attitude.

Give him a chance for God’s sake!!

What Puel was trying to do was not wrong, he was a bad fit and had to go, but his intentions were sound.

Let’s  not rinse and repeat ad Infinitium!!!

(PLEASE)

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's a judgement call between Wes and Soyuncu though, isn't it? Puel also favoured Wes.

Maybe he just trains better.

Maybe he just is better, despite all the crap written about Wes he's been absolutely fine for the most part this season and until the Wolves game had been actually performing well for quite a while. Wolves was a brain fart of a performance from him but our setup was destined to bring out his worst side that day.

People are so desperate to call out one person or player as the problem. Our defensive shape is piss poor, it's going to make defenders look bad and it has done even without Wes in the team.

When we won the league we had loads of sutff all go right to make us good. Now we have loads of little things that make us bad at times, it's not just Puel's low tempo training causing slow starts, or his communication, or Rodgers, or Wes, or Kasper or Vardy. We have lots of little issues all over the pitch that culminate in us having a shit performance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because it does not allow any manager to improve things- this continued discontent/dissatisfaction will never change with this attitude.

Give him a chance for God’s sake!!

What Puel was trying to do was not wrong, he was a bad fit and had to go, but his intentions were sound.

Let’s  not rinse and repeat ad Infinitium!!!

(PLEASE)

He’s clearly trolling, just ignore it, posts like this don’t even warrant a reply. As they say, don’t feed trolls.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I noticed Chilwell and Maguire arguing a couple of times as well as Chilwell having a go at Barnes previously and I also saw a bit of Chilwell throwing his arms up and moaning Slimani style.

I reckon it was more to do with frustration than anything else; not being comfortable with what they should be doing, playing in a different style in new-ish positions etc. Also with Watford shutting us down asap, doubling up and generally crowding us out (not helped by some of our lot - looking at you now Madison! - taking touches too many) then levels of frustration would inevitably build.

In fairness to Chilwell, he often didn't have a lot on nor the space and time  to do it. Watford's marking and us not showing for him probably meant he was getting closed down more often than he'd like, and getting mardy as a result. At least I hope it's just that, we don't want (another?) player feeling entitled.

Edited by PloTok

Really frustrating. One moment of quality looked like it was getting us a point and we just **** it up out of nowhere.

The amount of times we had the ball in what would be a dangerous area for any other team and we ended up giving it back to Schmeichel was just mental. Also, how is it that 6 years on, we still can't handle Troy Deeney?

Guest Markyblue

Brendon rodgers is a football manager not a f..king miracle worker. Give him a chance to look at the squad, clear the deadwood out and buy quality where needed. We were one misplaced pass from a good point at a good teams home ground,  give the man a chance,  he will deliver.

Just popped over to the OS and seen "We'll learn from our defeat says Rogers" I'm not having a go at him in anyway but my initial reaction is Yeah right I wouldn't bet on it!

I'll forgive them the new formation, that we don't seem to match up physically to the majority of PL sides, even the fact that we're not switched on at the start of games (although you would have thought they would have learnt on that point by now!!)

In all honesty he literally needs to knock some heads together for them to get it. He brought Mendy on to try and close the game out and then Kasper does his thing,

Brendan ...the god that everyone thinks he is....mistake number 1 was playing Wes i mean i cant think of one part of that game where he did something right. fair enough he had a great chance to win it come the end but he was a major part in both their goals going in. 

-Stood behind Deeney for the first

-Well out of position for the second...he actually watched the ball go over his head and Harry Maguire had to come across and try to tackle 

I think he just got it wrong yes they are a physical team but why would you change formation after a win 

26 minutes ago, leicestercityrepresent said:

why would you change formation after a win 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-reveals-whether-leicester-2605131

Rodgers went on to reveal that the approach with five at the back was more of a game-specific decision, one made in a bid to limit the Hornets' front two.

"For this game, this is a system that I felt could work well for us with their two front players," he added.

:thumbup:

Just now, Golden Fox said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-reveals-whether-leicester-2605131

Rodgers went on to reveal that the approach with five at the back was more of a game-specific decision, one made in a bid to limit the Hornets' front two.

"For this game, this is a system that I felt could work well for us with their two front players," he added.

:thumbup:

worked out just as planned then :thumbup: must just be me that thinks Wes did f**k all ..really showed Troy whos boss . 1st game as a manager you want a win no matter how it comes , should of stuck with same squad or similar to Brighton IMO

1 hour ago, leicestercityrepresent said:

Brendan ...the god that everyone thinks he is....mistake number 1 was playing Wes i mean i cant think of one part of that game where he did something right. fair enough he had a great chance to win it come the end but he was a major part in both their goals going in. 

-Stood behind Deeney for the first

-Well out of position for the second...he actually watched the ball go over his head and Harry Maguire had to come across and try to tackle 

I think he just got it wrong yes they are a physical team but why would you change formation after a win 

I was surprised he was selected, but you’re a bit hard on WM. One  thing he definitely did right was to stop them scoring with the block straight after the great save by Kasper in first few minutes. 

Their 1st was offside, their 2nd was the unexpected poor ball out by KS.

With hindsight I can understand why BR picked  him; to match up the physical game played by Deeney- and that  worked ; you could see Deeney getting more worked up through the game with Wes mostly winning the physical battle.

The only sane thing I’ve read on this page is that we were one mistake away from an excellent away point against an in form team. 

Second half was excellent, if that carries on we will finish top half no problem. 

With wolves and Watford in their form, 7th was never on for Brendan this late on. Just needs to get some home wins and the fans on side in time for summer rebuilding 

• Like 2