Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There could be an argument that we payed pretty poorly first half and then tweaked a few things for the  second half which broadly put us in control of it. having moved them around for much of the half, we got stong and could have pinched it late on as they tired. 

Given that tne manager hasn’t had long to work with them, this approach could have been expected ??. 

What was the tweak in the second half? 

That goal came more or less out of nowhere, we had a bit of confidence after it, but until we scored we were rubbish

That performance aside from 15 minutes after we scored was one of the worst this season

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

Not too concerned that Rodgers got to see them at their worst today. He can now adjust his team selection, make choices on contracts, identify new players to help his system and can make changes like ward for Kasper and have a justifiable reason for dropping them. Think he will have learnt a lot today and hopefully can get all the tweaks required to make us much better next year. It will take time, but Rodgers will make us better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

His young

He is a Leftback

His full of energy, even in the 90th min

He is all ready linked to Man City, Given the fact "he cant cross"

If he starts putting in peaches of a cross he will be gone even sooner

Still a raw talent that needs developing

Probably have a few too many players that need developing starting games hence why we are shit. Rest of a season is a write off for sure. I hope BR can instill confidence and intelligence into this bunch ready for next season. Hes as good bet as anyone to he able to do it.

2 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

well then ……. what's Kasper's dad got to say about that I wonder?

"Kasper is a top 4 keeper. Its a shame about the bad management as if it wasnt for Rodgers my son wouldnt have lost them the game at the end there.

Make of that what you will"

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Just now, Col city fan said:

Morgan played no worse than the other two today, but this season should be his last for the club. He’s never been quick and now he’s even slower.

Our central defence needs sorting. We need to get some pace there even if it means selling Maguire

I dont think Morgan is necessarily the problem, but you cant pair him with Evans and Maguire. He's therefore the obvious one who is most disposable. I think Maguire causes us more problems than what he adds. Dont get me wrong, he has some wonderful attributes but I'm not so sure he suits this set of players. It's going to be a conundrum for Rodgers.

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What was the tweak in the second half? 

That goal came more or less out of nowhere, we had a bit of confidence after it, but until we scored we were rubbish

That performance aside from 15 minutes after we scored was one of the worst this season

Can’t argue with that ......

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Morgan played no worse than the other two today, but this season should be his last for the club. He’s never been quick and now he’s even slower.

Our central defence needs sorting. We need to get some pace there even if it means selling Maguire

With Benkovic coming back in the summer do you think he will be the answer or do we require another CB as as well as ? 

4 minutes ago, bfox said:

Probably have a few too many players that need developing starting games hence why we are shit. Rest of a season is a write off for sure. I hope BR can instill confidence and intelligence into this bunch ready for next season. Hes as good bet as anyone to he able to do it.

Im not sure about this BUT my Liverpool mates had said the first season under Rodgers was not great, lot of possession and not much else, but it clicked in the second season and they were good. So sounds perfect for us lol

However, they did add that Coutinho and Sturridge and Sterling came into form so that may have helped him a lot

I suppose no reason Gray and Nacho and hopefully Tielemans cant be our stars that do the trick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Sorry, but this is patent nonsense. No-one would have complained if, in his first game in charge, he'd started with the line-up that won its last game.

I have felt recently that some kind of positive momentum was building, largely due to the integration of Barnes and Tielemans. The football was undoubtedly better to watch, more chances being made - better finishing plus a bit of luck seemed to be the final requirement. Cue Tuesday night.

Today seemed like a reversion to mid-January. It's Rodgers first game, so not going to read anything into it, other than he clearly needs a wheelbarrow for his bollocks.

you’re joking aren’t you?

16 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

His young

He is a Leftback

His full of energy, even in the 90th min

He is all ready linked to Man City, Given the fact "he cant cross"

If he starts putting in peaches of a cross he will be gone even sooner

Still a raw talent that needs developing

Just saying about his crosses. I think he is a great talent.

Just now, smitha said:

With Benkovic coming back in the summer do you think he will be the answer or do we require another CB as as well as ? 

Both Benkovic and Soyanucu are pacy, and would do well in a back 3. It is attacking options that we need. 

There is a bit of overreaction on this thread. We have good players including plenty of internationals. It takes more than 4 days to get the best out of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dont think Morgan is necessarily the problem, but you cant pair him with Evans and Maguire. He's therefore the obvious one who is most disposable. I think Maguire causes us more problems than what he adds. Dont get me wrong, he has some wonderful attributes but I'm not so sure he suits this set of players. It's going to be a conundrum for Rodgers.

It's about getting the right blend, I suppose. But, today I was surprised he put the three of them together, when he had the option of Soyuncu to inject some pace at the back.

It’s going to take time. There were what if moments, and once we equalised we had two great opportunities to win it. Poor kick from Kasper at the end. A game we shouldn’t have lost but how many times have we said that. At least he has these games to assess the squad find out what he wants to do to rectify it. 

4 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Both Benkovic and Soyanucu are pacy, and would do well in a back 3. It is attacking options that we need. 

There is a bit of overreaction on this thread. We have good players including plenty of internationals. It takes more than 4 days to get the best out of them. 

Totally agree, having never seen him play wasn't sure whether he was pacy or not. Agree also thatit will take longer than 4 days, but I am unsure on this free hit until the end of the season as I would like to see some momentum going into a new season which is some thing we haven't had since the season we won the league, I think Brendon would like to see some improvement as well, but for sure we need to give him time not sure how many on here will show the same support if results don't come.

3 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

It was like a Puel performance because it was one, you can't change a mentality in 4 ****ing days. Some absolute weapons on this board

Sorry snowflake❄️

On Chilwell he got into the box good angle about 14 yards out with space and didn't shoot - incredible..?

Rodgers waved his left arm back at the last freekick as if to say play back/safe.

Barnes on the right was never going to work as well as the left

Gray should have had mush more time probably in place of Madison who was too deep and too slow to play the ball(along with most other than Teileman)

Some pretty poor decisions by Brendan from the off

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree. Maguire is a great ball player but defensively at times he is awful. He probably would be better suited to a top 6 side where he wouldn't have as much thrown at him defensively and he could play the ball out more to players who have better positional sense than our players do. I wouldnt be against selling him if we get a decent bid. 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

you’re joking aren’t you?

I have to assume you mean about me saying 'no-one would have complained'.

Now, you'd have to an argumentative tit to pretend (or base a response on the possibility that) I meant absolutely, literally no-one. I meant a number small enough as to make your 'damned if he does/doesn't' comment invalid. In other words, I don't think he would have be 'damned' if he'd started with the same line-up as Tuesday, or a very similar line up with the same formation. Would you have damned him, or you an interlocutor for the awkward idiot squad?

What I heard people wanted from Rodgers was (to a lesser extent) random team selections, less messing with a winning line-up (in which case he out Pueled Puel) but much more importantly than this, more effort/energy/passion/pressing/gumption. On the latter, plus ça change eh?

Still there's one definite improvement - all* of us can now understand when our manager explains why he thinks we lost.

* for 'all', just sort of reverse my 'no-one' definition