Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

12 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I was surprised he was selected, but you’re a bit hard on WM. One  thing he definitely did right was to stop them scoring with the block straight after the great save by Kasper in first few minutes. 

Their 1st was offside, their 2nd was the unexpected poor ball out by KS.

With hindsight I can understand why BR picked  him; to match up the physical game played by Deeney- and that  worked ; you could see Deeney getting more worked up through the game with Wes mostly winning the physical battle.

I mean i may come off as a bit harsh but these comments off...."he was offside"... you play to the whistle you play to the game stops you dont just expect things to happen and calls to go your way . I was shocked he was playing as i feel Harry M and Johny could of dealt with Troy . i did forget about his block after the save but i mean he just looks like he is past it now 

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

deeney was offside tbf

How is that fair? Or unfair for that matter. Just a question.

In marginal calls like that, there is no way players know who is offside and who isn't. Neither attackers nor defenders. It probably makes little difference anyway. Deeney would have scored whether offside or onside maybe. Who can say? All this "his left kneecap was offside", it's just daft.

Edited by PloTok
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, leicestercityrepresent said:

I mean i may come off as a bit harsh but these comments off...."he was offside"... you play to the whistle you play to the game stops you dont just expect things to happen and calls to go your way . I was shocked he was playing as i feel Harry M and Johny could of dealt with Troy . i did forget about his block after the save but i mean he just looks like he is past it now 

I know what you mean, and it’s sad to see. I’m positive about BR and think it’ll turn out well for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be simplistic, they were better first half, we were better second half.

We’d pretty much all be saying decent away point and second half performance if we hadn’t just gifted them a goal at the final knockings.

It was tomfoolery and we paid the price for it. Just a lump up into their corner area would have done.

It’s all very fine margins this football malarkey

Hello Nigel, great to see you on here Big Man!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I expect the new manager to at least look at recordings of the previous half dozen matches or so...absolutely no evidence here that Wes should have been on the field, the revolution of playing a back 3 was a complete cock up at this stage of his tenure, I sincerely hope he's got more than this to offer, otherwise we've just thrown away another £6M +compo when we sack him next winter.

Think you are either impossible to please or have decided you don't like him from the off. 

I'd rather take an inconsistent / out of form team in transition for rest of the season (which is pretty much over for us now anyway) while BR slowly implements his style and improvements, and a much better side with a distinct identity emerging next year......

......Than the recent Leicester way of new manager bounce with instant improvement and results lasting only 10 games or so then back to mediocrity or worse and no long term plan and eventually looking for a new gaffer.

So if we are still saying the same things mid way through next season there is a case to be had that he's failing but now after a few days and one game is far too early to judge.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

37 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

The reason we all go full toxic is not just because of this game. Its because the last 2 months have been pure agony. Missed pen and late goal conceded giving Cardiff the win. The Albrighton brainfart against Newport. Mendy's mistakes gifting Southampton. The brilliant comeback vs. Wolves only to get heartbroken. Great performances against the big boys and only 1 point to show for it; the Spurs match especially hard to take with another missed pen at a clutch time. Getting whooped by a clinical Palace. Barely scraping a win against Brighton and then yet another last minute heartbreak.

I admire the guys, that still take out the positives and keep trying to give us all a bit of hope. Rodgers is a massive hope of better times for all of us, but his first match was just another example of the pure frustration of being a Leicester City supporter at the moment.

Not exactly....although I would welcome better times.

Edited by norwichfox

Oh no! Not again. Kasper was just so naïve and sloppy. He's had a very poor season by his own standards.

Looking forward to next season. Who will go, who will stay, who will come in, and how will we play tactically? Brendan will have a good idea by the end of this season.

What happened to Vardy? Was it an injury or the concussion? I’ve not seen anything after the game and the last minute goal took all the focus and I forgot about him pulling up. (I’ve not read all the post match thread so apologies if it’s already been posted)

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

What happened to Vardy? Was it an injury or the concussion? I’ve not seen anything after the game and the last minute goal took all the focus and I forgot about him pulling up. (I’ve not read all the post match thread so apologies if it’s already been posted)

Apparently it was the knock from the challenge but no concussion 

guess we’ll fing out 2pm sat for sure 

• Thanks 1

I have just caught up with MOTD2 and danny murphy's comments. He suggested that after the first 5 minutes (when Deeney scored) leicester were playing a pressing game. Clearly, he did not see the first half of the game when City were playing Puel-esgue, passing for the sake of it without trying to move the ball forward. The second half was better, but the stats for the game are intersting in that City had 14 shots with 2 on target, compared to Watford's 6 shots of which 5 were on target. (This did not end in the second half - Schmeicel has been criticised for his pass which led to Watford's goal, but it was Evans free-kick backwards - did he ever make a forward pass - , and not upfield as Maguire & Morgan were indicating that led to Schmeicel's kick) This does show Watford were good at preventing many real oppotunities but City's lack of a decisive edge to much of their play. It's something that Rodgers will need to address.

18 hours ago, oxford blue said:

I have just caught up with MOTD2 and danny murphy's comments. He suggested that after the first 5 minutes (when Deeney scored) leicester were playing a pressing game. Clearly, he did not see the first half of the game when City were playing Puel-esgue, passing for the sake of it without trying to move the ball forward. The second half was better, but the stats for the game are intersting in that City had 14 shots with 2 on target, compared to Watford's 6 shots of which 5 were on target. (This did not end in the second half - Schmeicel has been criticised for his pass which led to Watford's goal, but it was Evans free-kick backwards - did he ever make a forward pass - , and not upfield as Maguire & Morgan were indicating that led to Schmeicel's kick) This does show Watford were good at preventing many real oppotunities but City's lack of a decisive edge to much of their play. It's something that Rodgers will need to address.

Yes, I was baffled (putting in very mildly) that Evans did a back pass on the freekick with minutes left on the clock and everyone was expecting it to be a long ball into the box. Incredible.

Even Vardy made a similar baffling decision to send the ball 50 yards backwards when he was on a fast break but the pass unfortunately took him to the corner. Instead of putting the ball into the box, he made a long back pass. He was probably expecting his teammate to quickly pass it forward as he made his run into the box. Instead, his teammate passed it another 50 yards backwards. Watford killed off a counter attacking move without even touching the ball or did any pressing!

It was just very ugly to see.

Edited by Tom12345

On 04/03/2019 at 07:48, st albans fox said:

My point being that you cannot make any assumptions based on the first game under a new manager apart from the fact that he clearly hadn’t  got a mindset that the team should just ‘play as they like and go for it’ under his guidance. 

If we are buying into this being a longish term project then that’s what we should be doing ...... not knee jerk reactions ...... the game stats clearly show that BR didn’t want to lose his first game in charge and given the choices he had (at the extreme ends - go fo it or be safe), he chose the latter.  trying a different formation .... maybe felt a plus point of that was his inclusion of Wes which might help him with the older players ....... he can always point back at that if  he doesn’t select him in future.  The reaction in my house was wide .....my eldest smashing up the sofa whilst my youngest hardly reacted at all .....i’ve seen it too many times before and have perspective at my age ......one result never ruins my weekend unless the game really matters ..........having watched us throw away the play off final at Watford in minute 90 I’m not going to be overly affected by the same thing when taking the standing of the fixture into account. 

So anyone expecting the remainder of the season to be ‘exciting’ is likely to be disappointed (though that’s not a certainty as he might stumble onto a formation that really works ).......... the price of this will hopefully be an efficient side and squad for next season with the added benefits of winning more games than we lose! 

What didn't you understand in "That wasn't about Rodgers" ?
It was about our fans and our players that I know for years now.
(And I know if Puel went to Watford trying to not lose with 3 CBs including Morgan on the pitch, he would have been shattered)

On 03/03/2019 at 14:18, Manini said:

I’m going to put my neck on the line, but I’m worried about this team. 

I’m sure it will be totally a different squad next season a few in a few out !!

Can see Nacho Okazaki Simpson Big Wes  Fuchs being moved on !

Maguire being touted to United Maddison off to the Spuds and by all accounts Nan City will have to pay in excess of £75M for chilwell !

Would be great to get Tielemans signed and other reports linking us with some real quality signings to come in, I for one am looking forward to next season !

23 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Maguire being touted to United Maddison off to the Spuds and by all accounts Nan City will have to pay in excess of £75M for chilwell !

Would be great to get Tielemans signed and other reports linking us with some real quality signings to come in, I for one am looking forward to next season !

I cant see why on earth Spurs would go near Maddison

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Would be great to see them play in the Premier League

Wouldn’t put it past them to deploy a sly dig in the ribs with a knitting needle and I’d back them to beat us in a penalty shootout 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Would be great to see them play in the Premier League

Wouldn’t put it past them to deploy a sly dig in the ribs with a knitting needle and I’d back them to beat us in a penalty shootout 

Bloody Sodding auto correct that’ll teach me for not Redding it through before posting !! ???

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Gotta think the same thing with Benny C tbh. Good player but Man City? Really? He’s arguably just about keeping his place over Fuchs ATM.

It doesn't do the player any good in the long run. Remember Liam Moore's name being plonked next to Manchester United and Arsenal when he was here. Pearson was quick to put that straight to avoid letting the young man down. 

You only have to look at Emiliano Sala's agent for a small insight into the absolute pondscum in that profession.

• Like 2