Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Anglo-Scottish cup competition

There's been debates in the past whether Celtic/Rangers would compete in the prem and my understanding is it was looked into a while back. Personally I think they would struggle to compete. How about a cup comp? get rid of the league cup for it?

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

WHy would Celtic or Rangers be able to join the prem? If they want to join English football, they should have to start in league 2. & no thanks. All Scottish teams are doggo and it would just make the competition worse in terms of quality and increase the rounds that have to be played. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Guest MattP

Why anyone would want to import that level of sectarian bigotry into our national league or cup competition is totally beyond me.

48 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

I've always thought it would be a good idea. Replace the League Cup with an Anglo Scottish Cup, regionalise it in the early stages into 4 groups (South, Midlands, North and Scotland), and then mix it up in the last 16 or last 32.

I like the idea of beating Forest, Derby, Villa and Celtic on the way to the latter stages

Edit: also amused that it completely ****s off the Welsh ?

Edited by Bourbon Fox

8 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

WHy would Celtic or Rangers be able to join the prem? If they want to join English football, they should have to start in league 2. & no thanks. All Scottish teams are doggo and it would just make the competition worse in terms of quality and increase the rounds that have to be played. 

Actually, I think that would need to start in Screwfix North.  That's how the Pyramid works here in England.  The reformed Wimbledon started in the Surrey County League.

Celtic and Rangers would be able to compete in the Prem simply due to the fact they would have access to the same funding. Whether you like it or not, both Celtic and Rangers are big clubs, attract huge support and would attract top players if they were in the Prem.

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Celtic and Rangers would be able to compete in the Prem simply due to the fact they would have access to the same funding. Whether you like it or not, both Celtic and Rangers are big clubs, attract huge support and would attract top players if they were in the Prem.

They still wouldn't have anything like the funding of the top six though as they don't have the wealthy owners in place that they do.