Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Messi or Ronaldo

Ronaldo or Messi  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the true 🐐?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

Never really thought the two of them are even close enough to compare.

Clearly Messi, though Ronaldo is best of the rest. Ronaldo is an amazing goal scorer, but Messi is essentially the best goal scorer and the best midfielder in the world at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It’s ok to have a preference but these kinds of statements are just absolute nonsense 

I don't really care about either player, or the whole Messi vs. Ronaldo debate, and I can't say I go out of my way to watch either. It's just I've never seen Ronaldo run a game in the same way that Messi does. 

Maybe others think differently, and that's fine, but for me it's not even close.

24 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I don't really care about either player, or the whole Messi vs. Ronaldo debate, and I can't say I go out of my way to watch either. It's just I've never seen Ronaldo run a game in the same way that Messi does. 

Maybe others think differently, and that's fine, but for me it's not even close.

Did you not watch Juve vs Atletico?

6 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Did you not watch Juve vs Atletico?

Yeah. Ronaldo got 2 nice headers and a penalty (which he didn't win). Not doubting he's a great player, he's a great striker, but doesn't have nearly as much influence on the other aspects of the game as Messi does.

If you go by goal scoring statistics alone, then they look very similar, but to be honest I think going just by goals alone is a disservice to Messi. 

Messi's misfortune is that he elevates his team so much and covers so many weak points that it becomes a detriment to his greatness and his team's strength so when Messi can't run the show, his teammates sometimes can't compensate. He can do it all and sometimes it effects him.

Ronaldo underperformed in the two semifinals and final of last year and Madrid still won. Barca wouldn't have done that.

Let's put it this way, The reason Ronaldo is somehow in the convo is because Messi failed to win with Argentina (which is partially his fault). Messi's failures, not Ronaldo's success is what elevated Ronaldo to the convo for the GOAT. 

The eye-test favor Messi, the stats favor Messi, the opinions of past all-time great footballers favor Messi.

Disclaimer: that was my opinion.

Edited by the fox

From a jordan/kobe gimme the ball perspective, Ronaldo. 

Both are excellent players. Id take ronaldo from a straight up attacking perspective but i think messi has the advantage at makng many more around him better.  And he scores goals.

Im 50-50.