Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Look I’m fuching working on it but these fuchers are tough. Something about price displayed is the price paid. I don’t get it. Asked to talk to the manager but he says it won’t change anything. Cnut. Thinking of leaving the trolley here and going to Lidl. 

Funny thing is, I am actually posting this from Morrison’s car park. 

If they don't accept your offer by 2pm walk away from the deal. It's their loss and you can moan how ungrateful they are as you slowly starve and become a shadow of what you formerly were.

• Haha 1

It’s came to the point where I just want us to reject any bid, firstly because it’s late in the window and throws our preparation off, but mainly just to watch Utd crumble in even further embarrassing desperation.

Beats me as to why they never had any back-up targets lined up in the first place but now they’ve focused in solely on Maguire along with the help of Sky Sports and this whole media merry-go-round, if they don’t get him their gonna look like absolute clowns (if they didn’t already). I’d just love it we left them squirming in self pity.

Edited by Ben.
  • Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Personally think we need to be careful with dismissing this bid. It sends a funny "up yours" message sure, but it also sends a less pleasant message to potential signings.

Again, it only does if we cock up this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Personally think we need to be careful with dismissing this bid. It sends a funny "up yours" message sure, but it also sends a less pleasant message to potential signings.

You mean like, sign for us for 100 grand a week and we’ll look after you.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I'm not sure ambition and beliving in ourselves to progress as a team if we keep hold of our best players is really something that is going to put players off signing for us

• Like 2

Just now, MrSpaM said:

I'm not sure ambition and beliving in ourselves to progress as a team if we keep hold of our best players is really something that is going to put players off signing for us

Nope those are great thing that any player would want from their new club. Thats not even up for debate, but if you said Leicester or Man Utd to player, what would they prefer?  (Having never played at the club, YOURI..)

To block the move for a (semi-) sensible fee would show that we won't sell you to a huge club whatever they bid. That is a discouraging factor for potential new signing.

Guess it all depends if you are willing to accept that we are not currently able to compare with such clubs as a draw.

As I say, I am happy to be shouted down as a heretic, but I feel it is pragmatic point of view.

(Now if Harry came out and said, "Play for Ole? F**k off" - then thats different)

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don't see the argument, everyone offers big money in this league :dunno:

No argument, just think you are completely wrong that not allowing maguire to leave for what we think he’s worth will hinder future players signing for us. Very much doubt Tielemans was thinking, I’m holding out for a bigger club to come in for me.

• Like 1

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

No argument, just think you are completely wrong that not allowing maguire to leave for what we think he’s worth will hinder future players signing for us. Very much doubt Tielemans was thinking, I’m holding out for a bigger club to come in for me.

And why did Youri join do you think?

3 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Exactly.  If say following Youri signing, we offloaded Madders, Ricardo, Chilwell and signed Dunk, he would rightly think WTF have I done.  Our stance has pros and cons, the most important pro being we ‚ain’t going to be pushed around by that Clown Woodward from Manure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

11 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You mean like, sign for us for 100 grand a week and we’ll look after you.

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

Again, it only does if we cock up this season.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Dunno, maybe he bought into the idea that the club could be going places. I think you’ve been hanging round on that Utd forum too much.

Can see that my point of view has few supporters lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Exactly.  If say following Youri signing, we offloaded Madders, Ricardo, Chilwell and signed Dunk, he would rightly think WTF have I done.  Our stance has pros and cons, the most important pro being we ‚ain’t going to be pushed around by that Clown Woodward from Manure.

This point I see, but its a two way street, what if he thinks "F**k, I don`t want to hang around the clock tower all my life!"

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This point I see, but its a two way street, what if he thinks "F**k, I don`t want to hang around the clock tower all my life!"

That's apparently what Simon De Montfort said and look what happened to him. Poor sod.

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then after 2 years when he won’t sign a new contract we sell that’s the way it is so hardly all his life now is it

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

That's what Simon De Montfort apparently said, and look what happened to him. Poor sod.

Richard III didn't mind hanging around the clock tower though eh.

Historical bantz in the Maguire thread. Lock it now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To block the move for a (semi-) sensible fee would show that we won't sell you to a huge club whatever they bid. That is a discouraging factor for potential new signing.

No, I think it tells new signings two things:

That we are a serious club with ambition - not just a mid table stepping stone.

That we will sell players but on our terms - the current terms being 85-90 million quid and not 80.

• Haha 1

Just now, mazarron fox said:

Then after 2 years when he won’t sign a new contract we sell that’s the way it is so hardly all his life now is it

Footballer in signs new lucrative contract shocker! :frantics:

I know, I know, thats down to them (their agent)

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

No, I think it tells new signings two things:

That we are a serious club with ambition - not just a mid table stepping stone.

That we will sell players but on our terms - the current terms being 85-90 million quid and not 80.

Fair enough, think it is about time that I

image.jpeg.4b8b3e28ada84cb0f6c6fc872902a542.jpeg

:frantics:

• Haha 2