Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

18 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Sky Sports poster boys (Jeff Stelling etc) have literally just been on a Sky Sports advert advertising Sky Bet.

... But they have no affiliation to Sky Bet whatsoever. 

The company that owns Sky Bet may have clearly taken the decision to pay the Sky Sports presenters to front their ad because they know people will associate them with the Sky name, but that does not mean that the two companies have any affiliation beyond Sky's 2.6% stake in The Stars Group. The vast majority of the Stars Group's revenues come from its ownership of various online poker sites, including Poker Stars and Full Tilt Poker. Its revenue stream from sports betting is tiny in comparison. Any transfer story broadcast on Sky Sports is not going to move the needle at all on The Stars Group's share price - it will have literally zero impact. So the idea that Sky Sports runs stories in an attempt to move the share price of a company it owns a tiny stake in and whose revenues from sports betting are very small anyway is frankly ludicrous.

Arrogant cvnts.  I generally do not swear excessively on here (and have never used the C word) but this just made my blood boil.  80/90M? our asking price is conjecture, and this bid (if actually real) maybe meets it but for them to try and put a deadline on us when they have been stringing this along and refusing to meet our price stinks. They and the media are trying to make out that we are the bad guys in all of this and also this "deadline" of theirs is just to make it seem like they were the ones with the power and driving the agenda all along.  We should tell them to do one immediately, not on price but simply out of principal.  Alternately we tell them that unfortunately we cannot confirm one way or the other by Monday as Pep is on holiday until Tuesday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m in Morrisons now about to start negotiating on my shopping bill, wish me luck. 

Cheeky buggers want £175 for this lot. I reckon it’s closer to £125. 

Bloody hell how are you spending 175 in Morissons

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Arrogant cvnts.  I generally do not swear excessively on here (and have never used the C word) but this just made my blood boil.  80/90M? our asking price is conjecture, and this bid (if actually real) maybe meets it but for them to try and put a deadline on us when they have been stringing this along and refusing to meet our price stinks. They and the media are trying to make out that we are the bad guys in all of this and also this "deadline" of theirs is just to make it seem like they were the ones with the power and driving the agenda all along.  We should tell them to do one immediately, not on price but simply out of principal.  Alternately we tell them that unfortunately we cannot confirm one way or the other by Monday as Pep is on holiday until Tuesday.

:appl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

Thracian was called out on here for repeatedly making homophobic comments.

It basically culminated in him suggesting that all gay men wanted to touch young boys. 

He got what he deserved and good riddance.

I think I've said my piece regarding this little spat with @Thecarrickfan, but just to be clear, I am in no way defending Thracian's views.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I would agree, depends on the structure you would imagine

All of it up front (no staggered payments, none of it conditional on Man Utd's future achievements)? I would be tempted personally, but trust the club to make the right call.

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

You honestly believe that Sky Sports don't have a vested interest in Sky Bet?

I believe the potential financial gain to Sky from people betting via Sky Bet on Maguire's transfer is so miniscule as to make laughable claims that it's the reason they're pushing the transfer.

That said, the only reason I replied was to point out that your logic was at fault.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m in Morrisons now about to start negotiating on my shopping bill, wish me luck. 

Cheeky buggers want £175 for this lot. I reckon it’s closer to £125. 

You also need to pay in addons an installments. A 20 here, a tenner there.