Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Brendan had an almost identical situation with Moussa Dembele last summer, and not only did he make himself look like a complete tit, but they lost the player on deadline day and never replaced him. He had to wait until January for a proper replacement, and the board still only got him Weah and Burke on loan, and some Ivorian striker from an eastern European league.

Brendan's been stung before. We've been stung as a club before - take your pick from not replacing Mahrez despite having 4 weeks to do so or the Adrien Silva debacle to replace Drinkwater.

I hope the lot of them have learnt their lesson.

Very good post Jeff ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

I was told 90m.

I was also told the deadline has passed...so who knows!!

80m+ is a lot of money and if it's really on the table (havent seen or heard any solid proof i'd trust yet), then i'd be a little worried.  I've been a "remainer" throughout and am watching on with interest (and signed HM merch for sale to United mug if he does)

£80mill is a lot of money for our club, I'd maybe lean towards selling if it is £80 plus and add ons on top. 

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Brendan had an almost identical situation with Moussa Dembele last summer, and not only did he make himself look like a complete tit, but they lost the player on deadline day and never replaced him. He had to wait until January for a proper replacement, and the board still only got him Weah and Burke on loan, and some Ivorian striker from an eastern European league.

Brendan's been stung before. We've been stung as a club before - take your pick from not replacing Mahrez despite having 4 weeks to do so or the Adrien Silva debacle to replace Drinkwater.

It's abit different with Celtic to Leicester. They need the money were as we dont... 

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

What makes you say that outcome was down to him. Last i heard he was fed up with how the club was being run and lack of opportunities to strengthen the side. I am sure he was as frustrated by it as the last person. If anything it will make him emphasis his point about not leaving things until the last minute more strongly to our board. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

What makes you say that outcome was down to him. Last i heard he was fed up with how the club was being run and lack of opportunities to strengthen the side. I am sure he was as frustrated by it as the last person. If anything it will make him emphasis his point about not leaving things until the last minute more strongly to our board. 

Yeah that's what I mean. Brendan hasn't left those problems at Celtic to find the same problems here.

The manager and the board will most certainly be on the same page and given their experience in dealing with these situations before, I'm confident we're not going to lose out, whatever happens.

• Like 4

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

It’s very important that we turn down any offer now. 

I don’t even care if he has a shocker of a season and leaves for £30m to Swansea next summer.

It’s the principle

We don't want sell and we don’t need the money. 

We have a better chance of achieving our ambitions by keeping him. 

You don't get to buy our players just because you’re technically a bigger club. 

Or we take a very large chunk of money and improve our team even further. In the mean time Maguire flops at United and we have a chuckle at their expense.

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's abit different with Celtic to Leicester. They need the money were as we dont... 

Moussa Dembele was also desperate to move and didn't get on with Rodgers at all.

Literally a completely different scenario here.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s very important that we turn down any offer now. 

I don’t even care if he has a shocker of a season and leaves for £30m to Swansea next summer.

It’s the principle

We don't want sell and we don’t need the money. 

We have a better chance of achieving our ambitions by keeping him. 

You don't get to buy our players just because you’re technically a bigger club. 

Meh.

If they offered £90m straight now, you've got to take it if that's the club's valuation. You've promised the player he will go with your best wishes if they meet it. Not holding up your end of the bargain is just not acceptable, if that's what you've promised the player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Meh.

If they offered £90m straight now, you've got to take it if that's the club's valuation. You've promised the player he will go with your best wishes if they meet it. Not holding up your end of the bargain is just not acceptable, if that's what you've promised the player.

Not if the agreed deadline has passed.

If they bid 90 million with 3 hours to go on deadline day, you think it's unacceptable if we don't accept it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Why do you care what Hesham Bilal-Hafiz thinks, are you obsessed with digging out irrelevant plebs views on Leicester.

They shouldn't even get the satisfaction of being mentioned

Because it’s funny to watch their meltdown?

calm down Hank, have a snickers :dunno:

• Haha 2