Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, LCFC_BlueArmy said:

A reliable source has just told me United have offered £80M. Top & co will now only accept £90m as they've left it so late 

We are quite right to if this is true. If it's late in the window then that is likely to have an effect on us too.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think the £80m deal would be agreed if Maguire hands in a transfer request, otherwise we will try and eek as much out as possible as we'll end up chuffing up a wedge to Harry and his agent anyway.

we will also have to pass on a big chunk of change to Hull City

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not mad ...... desperate 

they will pay 85 .........

I'm hoping we hold out for the reported £90 million price tag we've set. I'm also hoping we don't sell now. 1 preseason game left, 1 week of the transfer window left open. We want an established centre back partnership at the back if we've got any top 6 aspirations ( yes another attacking midfielder to ease the burden on Tielemans and Maddison as well as a winger to fill the void left by Mahrez would be nice, but ultimately I think a solid defence is even more important - we'll create more than last season with the signings made and new manager).

I've not felt as confident defending set pieces and attacks as I did last season in a while. Evans and Maguire developed a good understanding of each other and while both have weaknesses, I felt we'd got a fairly solid defensive partnership going.

So I hope we still have that cut off point alluded to by Rodgers (even if he later played it down),and I feel like that time should have already passed. We're going to under achieve if we panic buy a replacement now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

The only way I'd sell Harry now is if Brendan feels his heads gone and his heart isn't in it at Leicester. If Brendan feels Harry will be fine then tell them £90m up front or get fu*ked! 

I agree sooo hope he’s playing tomorrow. We have a great chance of making Europe. Nd I was just with a Man United fan . He wants Maguire but thinks he would be better giving us another season and see what happens at both clubs. Interesting knowledgeable Man United fan  ??

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I was told 90m.

I was also told the deadline has passed...so who knows!!

80m+ is a lot of money and if it's really on the table (havent seen or heard any solid proof i'd trust yet), then i'd be a little worried.  I've been a "remainer" throughout and am watching on with interest (and signed HM merch for sale to United mug if he does)

Appreciate your input me old potatoe ? 

• Thanks 1

Brendan had an almost identical situation with Moussa Dembele last summer, and not only did he make himself look like a complete tit, but they lost the player on deadline day and never replaced him. He had to wait until January for a proper replacement, and the board still only got him Weah and Burke on loan, and some Ivorian striker from an eastern European league.

Brendan's been stung before. We've been stung as a club before - take your pick from not replacing Mahrez despite having 4 weeks to do so or the Adrien Silva debacle to replace Drinkwater.

I hope the lot of them have learnt their lesson.

• Like 4