Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, waylander said:

Me to one of the most intelligent posters on here . Miss his comments. But obviously missed what went off too . Back to topic tell them to do one hm is staying. ???

I too thought he was insightful and well written too at the time.

Now I question his Alan Sheehan obsession lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

We want a record fee for a defender don’t we? So I can’t imagine it would be any less than £75m upfront with add ons at least 

Only way I'd personally accept this now, after all this time faffing about would be no addons, deals or clauses. Straight up 80 million lump to the bank. 

• Like 1

Given Top‘s Chinese roots, this may not be a clever tactic by Woody.  If Top and the Club really are looking for 90m, you would think nothing will happen now.

Of course this 90m figure may be bollocks?  80m - all up front - is tempting

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Given Top‘s Chinese roots, this may not be a clever tactic by Woody.  If Top and the Club really are looking for 90m, you would think nothing will happen now.

Of course this 90m figure may be bollocks?  80m - all up front - is tempting

:dunno: have i missed something

10 years ago everyone loved Transfer Deadline Day, but genuine ITKs on social media has made Sky Sports News a secondary source and they hate it. 

Before you could follow John Percy, you'd rely on SSN but they've become a joke. They have about 3 daily dedicated half-hour shows to talk shit about transfer rumours that they've made up. 

The way that Kaveh Solhekol and Darmesh wank over potential fees and record deals is absolutely pathetic. If Harry Maguire farts, they'll report on it and how it could lead to him moving to United. They pretend to know what's going on and drag out every saga. 

£80M for Harry Maguire is ridiculous money and whilst we should take it (unless they offer £90M), I almost hope he stays to rub it in their faces.

• Like 3

If he goes for the obscene amount quoted, can trust LCFC to spend it wisely - as believe the club has learnt how to be more savvy in the transfer market after their mistakes over Silva, Slimani, Musa and now very possibly Iheanacho.

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

He's Thai Chinese. So his ethics origins are Chinese and not indigenous Thai. 

Thanks My friend. Working in Malaysia (as I do) -35% of the population are Chinese-Malay. Much the same all over SE including Thailand.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Thanks My friend. Working in Malaysia (as I do) -35% of the population are Chinese-Malay. Much the same all over SE including Thailand.

Yeah, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore have generations of Chinese immigrants that have settled over the centuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

The company that owns Sky Bet may have clearly taken the decision to pay the Sky Sports presenters to front their ad because they know people will associate them with the Sky name, but that does not mean that the two companies have any affiliation beyond Sky's 2.6% stake in The Stars Group. The vast majority of the Stars Group's revenues come from its ownership of various online poker sites, including Poker Stars and Full Tilt Poker. Its revenue stream from sports betting is tiny in comparison. Any transfer story broadcast on Sky Sports is not going to move the needle at all on The Stars Group's share price - it will have literally zero impact. So the idea that Sky Sports runs stories in an attempt to move the share price of a company it owns a tiny stake in and whose revenues from sports betting are very small anyway is frankly ludicrous.

Yes, I know. My point was a broader point about Sky Sports, Sky Bet and The Stars Group as a whole. Others may have been discussing the merits of them championing the story to get people to use Sky Bet, but that wasn't what I was getting at.