Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Prior to any transfer speculation and the circus that ensued, most on here would’ve snapped arms off at £80M. 

That was 2 weeks ago. 

Price went up. 

Supply and Demand and all that. 

They want us to supply Maguire, we demand more money! 

Especially since Bailly's now out for 6 months and they think they still have the upperhand.

News flash: They've never had the upper hand. 

Edited by LC/FC

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think I've said my piece regarding this little spat with @Thecarrickfan, but just to be clear, I am in no way defending Thracian's views.  

of course not dude, I wasn't suggesting for a moment you were.

I found it disgusting tbh and he wouldn't back down despite people telling him how unreasonable it was.

no place for such outdated views in the world today. he can get in the bin for all I care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

delusions of grandeur.

I don't think it's really appropriate in this case.

Yes they're shit and less appealing at the moment, but still are powerhouse in the financial and footballing sense with millions of fans (and consumers) over the world. They have the means for their ambitions and still retain an enormous power of attraction. There's no professional footballer in the world who wouldn't give a serious thought about a MU offer. Especially when he comes from a "smaller" club. They might be in turmoil but will still turn it around eventually. I read some posts saying that they're on the decline or the new Leeds/Blackpool. It ain't gonna happen.

Every article, every shitty, click-bait news about them generate a tremendous amount of clicks, be it for success or schadenfreude. So yeah, everyone preys on it. If it annoys you, don't click. Or read them with Adblock Plus and some perspective, and laugh at them.

I sincerely ask myself why some are riled up or outraged. Dirty tactics are part of the game, we're not really different. Our club is handling things just fine, there's a price to be met for Harry to go, if not he stays, end of. I'm personally cool with both.

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

All of it up front (no staggered payments, none of it conditional on Man Utd's future achievements)? I would be tempted personally, but trust the club to make the right call.

Dont forget to add in a sell on clause, maybe 25% of the total fee

20 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I believe the potential financial gain to Sky from people betting via Sky Bet on Maguire's transfer is so miniscule as to make laughable claims that it's the reason they're pushing the transfer.

That said, the only reason I replied was to point out that your logic was at fault.

My original post was a broader point that the Sky Sports presenters have been specifically chosen to advertise the Sky Bet product, not that Sky Sports are pushing the transfer to make a profit.

People affiliate Sky Sports and therefore Sky Bet with those people = people are encouraged to bet on the site. It's not a coincidence they're not the face of William Hill, for example. 

Edited by walkerleeds

United's stance is hilarious. It's clear as day that they don't have any back up plan if we don't accept their offer and also that they are considerably short in the centre back positions. Even if we were keen to do a deal with them it's clearly not in our interests to conclude the deal early as we'd have to be stupid to give up this bargaining position whereby the longer this goes on the more and more desperate they'll become. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 3

De Gea handed in a transfer request a couple of years ago and kicked up a fuss as he wanted to join Real Madrid, they kept him... they stopped De Gea joining his dream club. Not sure man united fans or the club can take any sort of moral high ground re us not selling him. They are also demanding £160m for pogba , cmon now. He’s not worth that at all. Silly.

Edited by Meat and 2 veg
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

So, just to be clear.

If by Monday we don't accept less money than we want, for a player we don't want to sell, they will no longer want him?

I really don't think they thought that one through.

:appl:

7 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

United's stance is hilarious. It's clear as day that they don't have any back up plan if we don't accept their offer and also that they are considerable short in the centre back positions. Even if we were keen to do a deal with them it's clearly not in our interests to conclude the deal early as we'd have to be stupid to give up this bargaining position whereby the longer this goes on the more and more desperate they'll become. 

£80m offer, a week to go before the deadline in a position they're desperate to improve.

We can squeeze more money out of them and possibly the whole £90m. I think they're looking for a climbdown so maybe if the asking price is £90m we could drop our price to £85m and they'll pay it and feel like they've had a victory of sorts.

Us demanding £90m might be a case of them begrudgingly paying up or them thinking **** it rather than being bent over. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Always wondered what happened to Thrac... Now I know. 

What a gayboi... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Me to one of the most intelligent posters on here . Miss his comments. But obviously missed what went off too . Back to topic tell them to do one hm is staying. ???

2 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

De Gea handed in a transfer request a couple of years ago and kicked up a fuss as he wanted to join Real Madrid, they kept him... they stopped De Gea joining his dream club. Not sure man united fans or the club can take any sort of moral high ground re us not selling him. They are also demanding £160m for pogba , cmon now. He’s not worth that at all. Silly.

We should bombard DeGea and Pogba's social media with "Come Madrid, bro"