Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Sky sports and social media can sod off tbh, bring back Ceefax and Teletext. Thats where all the true deals were at. 

(Not saying i remember them as im far to young :ph34r: )

Plastic

Edit. Twas a joke :D

Edited by LC/FC
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Buce said:

Yes, and it has no relevance.

I would usually agree with 99% of anything you or Murphy posted, but I think you are misreading this. The Utd fan came on here with the sole purpose of baiting us over how Utd are going to take Maguire from us. He offered no discourse, just a succession of one-liner posts along the lines of, "I think we'll get him", backed up with tweets from the moron from Enderby. FT isn't generally unwelcoming to fans of other teams - The Bear has fitted in smoothly both here and in General Chat, as have many others in the past - but he was pushing buttons on another team's forum. He chatted shit, got banged.

:appl:

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Sky sports and social media can sod off tbh, bring back Ceefax and Teletext. Thats where all the true deals were at. 

(Not saying i remember them as im far to young :ph34r: )

Think I remember my grandad telling me about ceefax and teletext. ??

• Haha 1

Just now, stripeyfox said:

seeing as you brought it up

https://www.retroclasico.co.uk/category/ceefax-nostalgia/

This company print any football / cricket / rugby match you want on a mug, t shirt or coaster etc

They even have a section on our PL win

image.png

lol Still cannot believe to this day we only lost 3 times that entire season. Amazing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

This company print any football / cricket / rugby match you want on a mug, t shirt or coaster etc

image.png

Well that's triggered a whole bunch of ancient memories...

And as much as nostalgia is great. I've realised the modern world has spoiled me, as waiting 30-40 seconds for the page to change now is excruciatingly painful. 

:nono:

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

lol Still cannot believe to this day we only lost 3 times that entire season. Amazing.

You quickly forget all the other teams places that season because of how insane our win was. Liverpool were 8th. Chelsea were 10th. TENTH. Southampton finished 1 point behind Manchester United and qualified for Europe. West Ham finished above Liverpool and Chelsea, had the 4th fewest league defeats in the Premier League and didn't qualify for Europe. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

BRING BACK CEEFAX

I can remember seeing the smoke signal when Lenny Glover signed from Charlton. Great days before the Social Media Bull-Shit explosion.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I can remember seeing the smoke signal when Lenny Glover signed from Charlton. Great days before the Social Media Bull-Shit explosion.

That was probably smog coming out of London at the time. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

image.png

That is brilliant. I’ve long been thinking of doing a Ceefax style live scores website that people could use on their phones or tablets or even cast it to their TVs. It’s such a nostalgic thing it could just be a success!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

You also need to pay in addons an installments. A 20 here, a tenner there. 

Look I’m fuching working on it but these fuchers are tough. Something about price displayed is the price paid. I don’t get it. Asked to talk to the manager but he says it won’t change anything. Cnut. Thinking of leaving the trolley here and going to Lidl. 

Funny thing is, I am actually posting this from Morrison’s car park. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Well that's triggered a whole bunch of ancient memories...

And as much as nostalgia is great. I've realised the modern world has spoiled me, as waiting 30-40 seconds for the page to change now is excruciatingly painful. 

:nono:

This is how old/sad I am,can remember the numbers

302 Football 

340 Cricket 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The way that Kaveh Solhekol and Darmesh wank over potential fees and record deals is absolutely pathetic. If Harry Maguire farts, they'll report on it and how it could lead to him moving to United. They pretend to know what's going on and drag out every saga.

Although to be fair, when Harry was able to fart with confidence, earlier this week, that was newsworthy! ;):giggle:

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Look I’m fuching working on it but these fuchers are tough. Something about price displayed is the price paid. I don’t get it. Asked to talk to the manager but he says it won’t change anything. Cnut. Thinking of leaving the trolley here and going to Lidl. 

Funny thing is, I am actually posting this from Morrison’s car park. 

Have you tried offering them vouchers and coupons from Asda or Sainsbury's? You know, shit that they didn't want, need or asked for into the deal? 

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

****ing shameless that. People still pay this lot money. 

Based on the truly irritating way that Sky behave, I believe that there should be no shame whatsoever for those out there that may have a chipped Amazon FireTVstick or similar for a minimal annual subscription.

A friend of mine has one and it picks up all live sports broadcasts and live streams for all sports including pay per view events (boxing, etc) from all broadcasters.

Fvck Sky!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

This is how old/sad I am,can remember the numbers

302 Football 

340 Cricket 

8 minutes ago, pds said:

Local sport - 390

Page 227 for the Leicester City stock exchange. You’d have to wait for it to get to page 3.

And it never shifted by more than tuppence either way. 

Ever.